Article Order Flow Trading

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,474 71
What is order flow trading? In order to define order flow trading one would first need to delineate exactly the type of trading one is discussing. There is quite a bit of dialogue about order flow trading and misperceptions abound as to the most efficacious manner in which to use this trading method. 
Some describe order flow trading as directional trading, i.e., you are betting that prices will either move up or down. If you believe a currency pair will go up, you will execute a buy order, going long. If you believe a currency pair will fall, you can sell it, shorting the trade.
Order Flow-Transaction Flow Order flow can also be referred to as transaction flow. Transaction flow takes place when someone believes the price of a security will move and then executes an order in the market. The individual can do this in two ways. He can take an aggressive approach by executing a market order and paying the spread. Or he can enter a limit order or stop order specifying  that the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

PieterSteidelmayer

283 54
"A MACD is most often used as a lagging indicator that mimics the behavior of any traded instrument. However, it can also be used as a leading indicator, predicting the direction of the instrument in advance of any profitable move. "

"Using tight stops is worthwhile as the really sound trades will usually not exceed the level by more than a few pips."

This is so funny. And the author is apparently an instructor for retail traders. Apart from which the article has absolutely nothing to do with trading order flow. Quite unbelievable.

Reactions: Mr. Charts

PieterSteidelmayer

283 54
In the words of the late, great Harry Walters "I know I shouldn't, but I will"...

The author's names is Adam Lemon.

Forexmospherian

Legendary member
39,928 3,300
I would have to agree with you guys and say that I found it disappointing.

However - I can see the reason why right away

Adam worked for 6 yrs with Merrill Lynch.

Is that not a commercial institution ?

Don't they just love leading retail in the wrong direction ;-)

Regards

F

Last edited:

Atilla

Legendary member
19,443 2,873
Rated this 8 as I think it is a good article that outlines a valuable point where limit orders are better than market orders imo. One basic reason is because one often picks these at extreme ends of possible S/R levels and thus possible market turns or corrections and thus picking up pips in the process (with disciplined use of Stops).
Some people prefer high volatility but trending and range bound markets carry less risk and far easier to trade for me.
Regarding the all important levels I would add Pivot Points and Fib retrace levels over longer time frames to identify key S/R levels. Then choose to place limit orders off shorter time frames.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock