Most Reliable Broadband Supplier

osho67

Hello,

I'm interested to know which broadband supplier is considered to be the most reliable for 1MB or 2MB unlimited broadband and would appreciate any suggestions

By reliable I mean the connection hardly goes down and never goes down during trading hours !

Many Thanks

osho67 said:
Hello,

I'm interested to know which broadband supplier is considered to be the most reliable for 1MB or 2MB unlimited broadband and would appreciate any suggestions

By reliable I mean the connection hardly goes down and never goes down during trading hours !

Many Thanks

I have had very few problems with BT's broadband.

HTH

Regards,

Ivor

had a bad experience with Tiscali......would never touch them again............have had BT broadband for over two years (15GB per month) with no problems

osho 67, I'm using BT broadband, 2MB +online support £25 per month, Ive found them to be reliable and helpful if you need any problems solved,

Regards and good luck

Hello

Thanks for all the replies, will check out the suggestions, but is anyone using Zen Internet? They get the highest reliability on adslguide.org

Broadband

www.nildram.com is highly recommended. £15.99 a month for 2MB broadband and for an extra £4.99 you get all local and national calls free.

Support is also important. If you get a problem, you need it fixed quickly.

One point to watch out for with a lot of ISPs at the moment is whilst they are pushing their higher speed packages, many are introducing limit caps on the monthly usage allowance. The idea is to 1) keep their capacity usage under control (ie how much they have to pay to BTWholesale) and 2) to cut back on P2P downloads of music, games, movies etc. Often the cap is such that your broadband will keep working, but that you will get billed per MB that you go over your limit. I know of at least one person who got quite a shock when his monthly bill arrived - A realtime data feed, forum browsing, a few emails a day (with the odd funny attachment) and he had used up his allowance within two weeks! There are some free tools around the net that are very helpful in keeping a log of your internet traffic volumes.

Off the top of my head (but I don't think its free) is a programme I use called NetLimiter. You can use NetLimiter to set download or upload transfer rate limits for applications or connections. It also shows a list of all applications communicating over the network, their connections and their transfer rates. You will know how much data was sent or received by a program.

You can find it at www.netlimiter.com

As for the thread topic - I can recommend Eclipse Internet www.eclipse.net.uk. They have ranked as #1 on the fastest ISP for each of their packages for quite some time (its all to do with balancing contention ratios and numbers of customers per channel etc - all very techie stuff). I don't think I have ever had an outage in the five years I've used them. One benefit I find useful too is their 'Flex' technology that allows me to 'upgrade' my bandwidth up to 2mb and I only pay a small rate when I need this capacity.

As for the thread topic - I can recommend Eclipse Internet [url said:
www.eclipse.net.uk[/url]. They have ranked as #1 on the fastest ISP for each of their packages for quite some time (its all to do with balancing contention ratios and numbers of customers per channel etc - all very techie stuff). I don't think I have ever had an outage in the five years I've used them. One benefit I find useful too is their 'Flex' technology that allows me to 'upgrade' my bandwidth up to 2mb and I only pay a small rate when I need this capacity.

For existing Eclipse users can be worthwhile checking what you are paying with the Eclipse website.

My monthly charge was reduced by £6 over the phone with immediate effect for the same service. With flex added on

I used Eclipse when on ISDN. The support service was excellent if you ever had a problem. :cool:

BroadBand.. There is such a lot on offer. I will be using computer in london nw5, for Day trading. . There are suppliers offering what looks like good deals, but a friend of mine warned me that a very important requirement is the quality of your Broadband connection.
If your connection goes down with open positions.. "Problems"
Thanks for any Help