BT broadband

osho67 said:
is satalite broadband a viable option? I hope not BT again!
Not as far as I can tell Osho. Expensive, often slow and prone to service-breaks.

But why look at that? Harrow is hardly the back-woods!!!

If you're going to get into the hassle of changing your BB ISP then I'll second Oaty's advice on both counts - check out the adslguide site and also check out Eclipse. Been using Eclipse for a long while and never a problem. They're not the cheapest, but quality and less rather than more hassle is worth the extra few quid a month IMO!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback.

The problem was with the line. The line from outside the house to the post on the road had to be changed. This line was atleast 30 years old and was in very bad condition. When BT connects to broadband, this line should be examined and changed if necessary. All the hassle can be avoided. If I go to any other ISP, will they sort out problems with BT or I will still have to do this. I must have been so long on telephone with BT technical help and all the time they thought the problem was with my computer.

osho67 said:
Thanks for all the feedback.

The problem was with the line. The line from outside the house to the post on the road had to be changed. This line was atleast 30 years old and was in very bad condition. When BT connects to broadband, this line should be examined and changed if necessary. All the hassle can be avoided. If I go to any other ISP, will they sort out problems with BT or I will still have to do this. I must have been so long on telephone with BT technical help and all the time they thought the problem was with my computer.

Osho

I guess it all depends on the ISP you use. When my ADSL connection was first setup my ISP Nildram tracked down the problems and they called out a BT engineer to go to the exchange and fix the problem, then they called me back to re-test. They were able to walk me through the connection process and quickly check where the actual problem was.

They are a bit more expensive than some providers but their service and support is second to none in my experience and have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone else.

Stew