Mini Dow daytrading

by the way it was always going to test this high imo, im still holding out for my short, stop is at 605

basically i like to use $indu for my s and r then trade ym, I find $indu pivots are more accurate and often ym will break its own s and r levels but when you look at the $indu charts the levels have not broke if that makes sense.
This is interesting, I will have a look at it

Short again at 8430, target hit at 8396, +34. Sorry if calling it late, but I had a visit.
Today the PP are lining up perfectly. These are the kind of day I like; the only problem is the monthly S1 in the way at 8412

Extremely tight range so far today. Price on the lower limit of an ascending trendline on the 60m

Short at 8389, hoping for breack of daily low. Price action was very , very tight today, it might break

The main reason of this short is that the trin is flashing like crazy bearish signals. In the last hour it is generally quite reliable. Maybe I rely in it too much

Stopped out from this trade, -20. Probably I trust the trin too much, as price had stopped within the daily range and would have been much easier to play long towards the high of the day

+81 today, not too bad considering the extremely tight range and the stupid last trade.
OTOH, the PP were shaped up perfectly and I must take advantage of these situations.
See you all tomorrow

I have recieved a few questions regarding pivot points, so I am pasting what I wrote, just in case it could be useful for someone following this thread.
The floor pivots are actually 5 or 7 horizontal lines: Support 1,2 and 3, pivot, resistence 1, 2, 3. Some people skip S3 and R3 which rarely come into play, but are still useful.
With TS you can specify if you want the 5 or 7 (in IMO 7 is better).
The trader pivot are my main weapon, but there are some caveats, which I have carefully explained in the first few pages of my thread. The main problem is that some people use the pivots from the market hours plus pre market, while others use the 24 hour action (which generally give different pivots). I do watch both of them and find that I get by far the best results when both set of pivots line up (as it was the case today).
To make things a bit more complex, it is advisable to also draw the weekly and monthly pivots. When one of this lines is between daily levels, it is a bit of a mess as one doesn't know if the price is going to react according to the daily or the longer timeframe pivot; much better when the weekly or monthly falls within a few point of a daily level, in this case reinforcing it.
Finally I draw the mid points between all the daily levels and use them as target lines.

Thanks mate,
great to see you are following from a beautyful country.
We are going intercontinental!