Mini Dow daytrading

Thanks Candles. I know you are a much more experienced trader than me and I would really like to get input from other traders on the mini dow

Not much happening ATM, price trapped amongst different MA in a sort of no man's land.
Definetely the best chance of the day was to short that triple top at 14:50, but I missed it because arrived too late

The daily range is between TS daily PP and R1; the daily PP is reinforced by the monthly R1 lying upon it, so quite a strong support. OTOH the opening gap has not been filled yet...

Long at 8466, target 8499. Price is forming an ascending trendlinesupported by the 15min 10 MA; also it has passed the fib 61.8. Not so convinced, but it could go to test the daily high

The tick is signaling strong overbought, for what is worth, but what is worrying is the Nasdaq going very strong

Closed position at 8474, +25. Prices seemed to be encountering support at that level, even though I am still convinced that it will break down. Maybe I can sell higher again

Can you remind me what TS is ?

Paul
Sure Paul it is for Tradestation, actually I watch two set of PP: the ones I call TS ahich include market and premarket and one for 24 hours. I have noticed that the price follows either one of the other. I get the best results when they line up

Can you remind me what TS is ?

Paul
By line up I mean that the price action during after hours stayed between max and min of the market+pre market. In those days I stay on the market full time and really enjoy it, as the PP seem to respond perfectly, like having a GPS.

like you say we are at high of the day and high of the week, low volume markets are more likely to decline so now i would say a good short for the rest of the day and im short at 8557

like you say we are at high of the day and high of the week, low volume markets are more likely to decline so now i would say a good short for the rest of the day and im short at 8557
Perfectly agree. Also the previous 3 candles on the 5 min formed a little evening star, bearish. Have not pulled the trigger for a short yet, but my fingers are ready

vic, i like to use the $indu for my s and r pivots, but i also use any major ym pivots from 8.30 onwards prior to $indu open if that makes sense.

basically i like to use $indu for my s and r then trade ym, I find $indu pivots are more accurate and often ym will break its own s and r levels but when you look at the $indu charts the levels have not broke if that makes sense.