Message For Ftse Traders......

keep stop of stop of 785.........and i promise you(pinch of salt) it will not get triggered because I am selling as we speak........

keep selling all the way up to 775 and you will make a lot of money!!

reason = stress test on banks

It is midnight and I'm back guys

looks my S&P short has given me a GUZEL profit once again!!

785 resistance paid off well.......I was worried before i left to go to footy as market ripped up quiet a lot but I kept adding to my short position!!

anyway closed my position at 764!!

market will go up tomorrow but i will sit on the sidelines and i will be shorting it once again......

my analysis in the morning was correct as I was calling for S&P to hit 780 and it did?

and i stated FTSE would hit 3890 and it did....

I really need to fine tune my entry system, but I just put it down to sheer laziness as I have been out most of the day and not being paying attention

good night all

Wasting your time on the FTSE guys and girls, the dax has made me 1500 points in the last month, checking the index every hour, so easy. Salary + Bonus + Spreadbet income, I am going to be very rich very soon, hopefully :clap:, not meaning to brag but if you are looking for consistency, trade the Xetra... :cheesy:

yes you have a valid point but you must remember my friend this is a thread with a lot of Newbies, and the DAX seems to be more volatile mirroring the US market more and more.

The FTSE is much more stable and less volatile and is ideal to trade for newbies as it will give them the points they need to scalp/swing trade along with some stability.......Just look at the chart of the DAX today, look how volatile it was compared to the FTSE

DAX
low of the day 3977
high of the day 3790

200+variance

FTSE
low 3803
High 3884

80 variance

now which market are you more likely to have your stop loss triggered!!

you may well be an experienced trader my friend and your system is rewarding you abundantly, but the risk reward as you will agree is much higher.

Morning everyone!

Planning a quieter trading day today, as have had a good week so far and don't want to give it all back! Will be watching mainly (famous last words?)

Jim

Morning gents - horrible day yesterday lets hope today is more sensible. Is the ftse going to give us an MD to start I wonder?

thanks for the ideas chaps i've started a eur/usd live trades as that is what i normally trade. good luck.

thoughts for the day?

i have gone long @ 3890 looking for 3905 and 3915 tgt

stop @ 3987ish

I'm pretty bullish for today guys especially after Bernankes utopian speech , I would keep very tights stops on any shorts today........

i will certainly be shorting like hell after the market has got over the excitement of bernankes speech!!

long barclays 104 ...stop loss 100.........target 110!!

target hit

huge gap up guys on barclays closed at 113 ...

daily profit target hit as i had bought 3000 contracts........

stopped out, but all for a profit, think we could come off now, still need to fill the opening gap....

sold the 3935 waiting for the R1 bounce - but being chicken took the profit too early at 3919. Fear is expensive!

dont quote me or hold me to account guys ...........

BUT, I think we might break this...........the door has come off its hinges and needs 1 more push for it to fall

so the door finally fell off then guys ........but what next?

I weill be selling the S&P again and i will also be attempting to get a nice short entry into FTSE, Dax, Dow and Nasdaq..........