Message For Ftse Traders......

sold the 3935 waiting for the R1 bounce - but being chicken took the profit too early at 3919. Fear is expensive!

sorry gents I meant 3925 - wishful thinking! Dax is interesting as its baning up against strong resistance.. hmmm worth a short?

sold the 3935 waiting for the R1 bounce - but being chicken took the profit too early at 3919. Fear is expensive!

Looks like fear saved you some money this morning TB. Nothing wrong with taking a profit off the table. Greed can be even more expensive!

Looks like we are about to break down from this mornings channel and we are in a supply zone I have marked on the 1hr chart based on Mondays high.

Will be looking for a short position now.

Morning folks. I'm looking for a bit of consolidation here and expecting higher numbers on the FTSE for a further consolidation before the US volume starts coming in. There is a chance of a trend day up in the US and the bears just couldn't break it yesterday.

+50 on last night's FTSE punt - got out way too soon
+45 on Rio

and I haven't put the coffee on yet :)

I'm seeing 3909 as VWAP on the FTSE Futs, maybe an entry around there and that Fib at 3902?

morning guys
just checking in from my mobile.
how's everyone doing?

anyone here use the advanced charting with ig? let me know so i can call or pm you need a quicck talk through later having some problems.

Viks

are you feeling better my friend?

A bit better thanks. At least I can focus on the screen properly now!! Am strictly following a less is more approach to trading at the moment though... Looking at a nice possible set-up on the Dax at them moment but need to see how things look after 10am..

How's things with you?

It's interesting how much more resiliant the FTSE is looking versus the Dax. I'm not sure if it was you or Sir William I mentioned this to but I think we are better set for recovery than either our American or German friends and the markets in recent days seem to be supporting this notion....

so the door finally fell off then guys ........but what next?

I weill be selling the S&P again and i will also be attempting to get a nice short entry into FTSE, Dax, Dow and Nasdaq..........

All my shorts are looking nice already..........

amended everything to break even, lets see where this monster trade takes me?

A bit better thanks. At least I can focus on the screen properly now!! Am strictly following a less is more approach to trading at the moment though... Looking at a nice possible set-up on the Dax at them moment but need to see how things look after 10am..

How's things with you?

Morning guys. Haven't been able to trade for a few days, too busy with work but hoping to join the action today. Good luck!

KJ are you referring to what looks like a very bearish looking candle on the DAX hourly? I've been watching that, will take a view at 10am too.

Sorry to be late on this. I was not tempted into buying this morning, although the pickings were good for those that did.

I shorted the Daily Future at 0928 for 3914.8. Sometimes I prefer the Daily Future becauase it closesEOD and I don't have to worry about that, at work.

It works the same as the Rolling and I am over 25 points up, at present

Last edited:
Morning guys. Haven't been able to trade for a few days, too busy with work but hoping to join the action today. Good luck!

KJ are you referring to what looks like a very bearish looking candle on the DAX hourly? I've been watching that, will take a view at 10am too.

Not quite - I've now shorted it at 3887 with a 6 point stop... I'm looking at the 2H chart.
KJ

Last edited: