Message For Ftse Traders......

FTSE will bounce off 3905...20 EMA and resume uptrend!!

One of the problems I think I'm having with IG charts and moving averages is that the moving average is calculated over out of market hours - I could be talking nonsense though. However I can see a level at 3905 going back a few days....

took a cheeky 4 points off the 3880 bounce.. no way am I trading this, lets see if it holds...

I'm not saying that this will bounce but I am not one to risk my money----this morning, at least. Closed with exactly 40 points.

Now I'm going to see what happens to Wallstreet.

Hey, Wallstreet! Now that I'm out, I sincerely hope that your wish comes true! :clap:

long FTSE 3905 ...stop loss 3880.....3950

OK guys i am back...............amended stop loss to 3770(I can afford to from the profit i made form my shorts this morning otherwise i would never do this)

i have added another contract at 3882........

stop loss on 4 contracts .....3870!!

I am not wishing my friend, wish = emotion

I base my trades on analysis..........if its wrong then hey you can't be right every time!!

I'm not saying that this will bounce but I am not one to risk my money----this morning, at least. Closed with exactly 40 points.

Now I'm going to see what happens to Wallstreet.

Hey, Wallstreet! Now that I'm out, I sincerely hope that your wish comes true! :clap:

Nice trading! I'm just scavenging today - grabbing the odd few ticks off probable bounces. No idea on direction as different time scales give different messages.

Maybe because 3880 was the s/r level of the overnight session?

I'm still short, as price is inside a perfect downtrend channel on the 1m chart. Am trailing my stop above the upper trendline.

Morning Ollie!

What was your reasoning here. My 15m is showing a near perfect unbroken downtrend since 3940??

Morning Jim!

I'm looking for a possible retest of major trend line. There's fib confluence there too. The target would be 3964... I might be too early though, and maybe that re-test just ain't gonna happen.

I think this is what WS has spotted too?

Ollie

OK guys i am back...............amended stop loss to 3770(I can afford to from the profit i made form my shorts this morning otherwise i would never do this)

I base my trades on analysis..........if its wrong then hey you can't be right every time!!

stop loss hit...........there goes a third of my profit from the morning......
tut tut!!

Never move your stop loss.

Morning Jim!

I'm looking for a possible retest of major trend line. There's fib confluence there too. The target would be 3964... I might be too early though, and maybe that re-test just ain't gonna happen.

I think this is what WS has spotted too?

Ollie

I'm possibly looking at a long at some point, but I wasn't trading against the downtrend. As you know I tried to pick the bottom yesterday!

It has stalled atm though so we shall see

Or move it just that little bit further?

;)

the ftse pre-trading bounced 3 times off 3866 - I scavanged a few ticks off the bounce - I'm such a Ratboy today. Still no idea where its going or why it's going there, so I'm off for lunch.

Never move your stop loss.

Yes you are right spitilink.......I honestly never do move it, only on rare occasions where i have more than doubled my daily target I tend to do some experiments outside of my trading system

I was not supposed to trade this week and last week because i ws supposed to discipline myself.......

So i decided to take this week as an experimental week and try a few strategies

i have to admit it is good fun trying something new and it has given me a good reward so far so i'm not going complain because as traders we must accept losses as it make us humble and neutralises the ego

Maybe because 3880 was the s/r level of the overnight session?

I'm still short, as price is inside a perfect downtrend channel on the 1m chart. Am trailing my stop above the upper trendline.

Pardon me, at what level did you come in? There are so many pages on this thread per session, that I can't keep track.

I hope that you are doing well. What is happening, now, could be just a pullback. I think I've had enough for today.

Split