Article Member Profile: tomorton

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,448 52
My BackgroundI’m tomorton, Tom for short. I started life in sub-polar North West England. The North West is cold and wet but friendly. I’m now in the sub-tropical South West, which is warm and wet and friendly. It’s also roomy and very laid back.
My early employment was in local government. I was one of those cheery inspectors who come to your workplace and tell you you’re breaking ‘ealth and safety rules. I also used to go round to people’s houses and tell them to play their music quieter, and stop their dog from barking, and stop having a smelly house that sickened the neighbours.
Needless to say, my colleagues and I were welcomed wherever we went and afforded the warmest hostility.
As soon as I’d built up a decent pension pot I jacked it in for a game of soldiers (Eng. colloq.: an activity which is a waste of one’s time). Needing gainful activity, I scanned the small ads for business ideas not involving much hard work. I came across an options trading course in Somerset...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

timsk

Legendary member
6,972 1,833
Cheers. Actually, timsk twisted my arm a bit until I cried like a girl....
Yeah, right Tom. The way I remember it was that you bit my arm off at the ankle - such was your desire to take advantage of the opportunity!
:p

On a serious note, I'm very glad you wrote it as it's an excellent addition to the series. Thank you.
Tim.

barjon

Legendary member
10,249 1,546
Yeah, right Tom. The way I remember it was that you bit my arm off at the ankle - such was your desire to take advantage of the opportunity!
:p

On a serious note, I'm very glad you wrote it as it's an excellent addition to the series. Thank you.
Tim.
Nah, I go along with Tom :LOL:

NVP

Legendary member
36,588 1,858
hey Tom

hey Tom
interesting Article and I heartily endorse the comments you make ..........I am still working at the moment and support your comment about trading full time ...
I am a forex scalper mainly and whilst i enjoy the odd day hammering the charts whilst posting here at T2Win its exhausting and i do need a more varied and stimulating environment to keep me fresh....part time trading one day will be just fine and will keep my brain active

all the best
Neil
NVP

tomorton

Legendary member
7,262 970
Absolutely Neil, I occasionally spend a winter's day with an eye on the charts (but only do a daytrade about 1 or 2 times a month).

To be honest, I'd rather stay an office drone than be a literally full-time daytrader. But I'd rather be on Dartmoor than either.

Pat494

Legendary member
13,645 1,358
Sounds all too familiar.
Each to his own method which suits one really.
Good trading and mind The Beast of Dartmoor doesn't get ye on a dark and stormy night.