Article Member Profile: dentist007

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,452 54
My BackgroundI am a Trade2Win (T2W) home grown lad.
I have no background in trading or technical analysis (TA). My father had no experience in the stock market. He invested some of his savings in the early 1970s and lost most of it when the market crashed in 1974. He did not wait a couple of years for the market to spring back. After watching him go through some pain, I vowed never to invest in the stock market. Luckily, he had some money invested in residential property, so all was not completely lost.
I grew up in Manchester. I am a Manu fan, went to the local grammar school and did science ‘A’ levels. I then went to University College London to study dentistry. I qualified as a dentist and went to work in general practice, which I have been in for 25 years. During that time I put aside money in the NHS pension scheme and, also, a private pension scheme. I did not look at the latter until the late 90’s, when I transferred money to a technology fund, which seemed great...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

bern1000

2 0
Dear dentist007

I read your recent item with great interast..I've been following trading for some time now, more recently options/futures, mainly from US studies! It seems more difficult here in the UK to find openings including sound reliable brokerages. Of course options trading here is not as flexible in its time scale as in the US. Meanwhile to someone who hasnt ever traded can you recommend a good place to start maybe "binary or spread betting? also maybe suggest a demo account/broerage available to me. I am anxious to get started hopefully at not too heavy a cost! Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks
Bern

Atilla

Legendary member
19,035 2,678
Thank you Dentist,

Great read on your trodden path in hopefully reaching your goals. I often look and study your charts on the gold thread, reflecting on them positively.

I've rated the article 10 as I found it very useful and honest coupled with lessons learnt and good advice. Difficult to find anything lacking or at fault to deduct marks.

Keep up the good work and my best regards,

:)

Last edited:

Sigma-D

Established member
648 61
I also thought it an honest interview. Looked at PnF and realised I wasn't smart enough to work with it - way too complex for my brain so I am in awe of those that do.

If you'll allow a slightly off-topic comment, your photo looks like you've just had the week I've had. You look like the baddie in a Bond film (probably the 007 bit). I wouldn't let anyone looking that fed up anywhere near my mouth holding sharp instruments.

tar

Legendary member
10,441 1,313
I also thought it an honest interview. Looked at PnF and realised I wasn't smart enough to work with it - way too complex for my brain so I am in awe of those that do.

If you'll allow a slightly off-topic comment, your photo looks like you've just had the week I've had. You look like the baddie in a Bond film (probably the 007 bit). I wouldn't let anyone looking that fed up anywhere near my mouth holding sharp instruments.
I also thought he looks a bit familiar , don't know where i saw him ?

timsk

Legendary member
7,059 1,861
Hi S-D,
I'm not sure what to make of this comment as the beauty of PnF is its simplicity! It's clear from your posts that you've got more than your fair share of grey matter between the lugholes, so is this meant to be sarcastic?

This photo is great - compared to the first one dentist supplied us!
:LOL:
I've met him several times and can confirm that in real life he's got a charming disposition and isn't at all scary.
Tim.

Sigma-D

Established member
648 61
Hi S-D,

I'm not sure what to make of this comment as the beauty of PnF is its simplicity! It's clear from your posts that you've got more than your fair share of grey matter between the lugholes, so is this meant to be sarcastic?
Not at all, quite genuine. I class it along with Renko as something that you need a PhD in engineering to understand. I've been told it makes trends easier to spot but I can't ever see it - even when it's pointed out to me. I guess you either have a brain that can 'see' these things, like Elliott Waves and PnF etc. or one that can't.

This photo is great - compared to the first one dentist supplied us!
:LOL:
I've met him several times and can confirm that in real life he's got a charming disposition and isn't at all scary.
Tim.
I'm sure he is. He just looks like every boss who's ever fired me.

NVP

Legendary member
36,749 1,875
nice piece

some good points D ...........my dad took some horrendous hits in stocks during the boom/bust periods ...........broke his heart

N

2be

Experienced member
1,866 299
I like the honest description of the journey thus far and pointing to what has proved to be of good assistance. Dentist is a good contributor and his posts reflect a good degree of work done on charts.