Member of the Month - Nov 2003

Sharky

Admin
5,626 390
The results are now in for last month's nominations and the results were as follows:

The Top 5 Nominations were (in descending order, and showing number of votes):

1. ChartMan 10
2. Skimbleshanks 6
3. Newtron Bomb 4
4. bonsai 3
5. Grey1 3

Congratulations to ChartMan who is officially declared November 2003's Member of the Month. Nominations for this month will open later today.

Here's what members had to say about ChartMan...

rossored
For his tireless analysis on the Dow!!

bgold
Running an excellent thread. adds real value to other members. Unbiased, detached and balanced perspective on the market.

orchard
Chartman is more than helpful when responding to newbies and technophobes alike. His postings are (usually!) detailed and helpful.

FTSE Beater
Superb posts on the Dow, sticking up for those who have been wronged and helping out wherever possible.

Quercus
Excellent general posts, and great personal assistance!

china white
sharpest trader imo. I personally learnt LOADS from his outstanding TA. And very helpful person if u've got any Qs or need clarifications.

JE2000
Excellent posts and information/diagrams posted daily. Very much appreciated. Thank you.

Guesty
He consistently goes above and beyond the call of duty !
reddragon Volume of knowledge and willing to share experience, i.e walks the talk !!

Skimbleshanks
ChartMan Has A Real Talent; Meaningful Analysis Nightly.

Sharky

Admin
5,626 390
Nominations for this month are now open.

Please note previous award winners should not be renominated.

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5

A very well deserved award :cool:

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
....No point runnning next months award in my humble opinion....and apologies for those who feel they may have chance...but in my books Chartman is Member of the Year - not Month......!!!

Mr Squad

37 0
Well done Chartman

Great help!!

frugi

1,827 126
Fifthed. Nice one and thoroughly deserved.

Er, Chartman Helps All Rookie Traders Maintain A Nedge?

Where's me thesaurus?

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
Ahhh, so someone did notice my creativity. :D The only other nominee whose name was easy to do was Bonsai - Bedazzling On Numerous Stocks And Indices. :cheesy:

How about:
Can Help All Rookie Traders Make A Nest-egg

barjon

Legendary member
10,616 1,755
skim

if it relies on such creativity I'm not sure you've got much chance!!

barjon

Legendary member
10,616 1,755
on the other hand

Sensible Kind Intelligent Moderating, Beautiful and Loving Even
She Has A Naughty Knock Sometimes

Sorry Chartman, it's your day well done

bgold

Established member
532 5
CM many congrats!

Two observations:
1. I am though a little surprised to read that so few people voted. That said, perhaps not so surprised as it took me a while to find the thread for voting. (I forgot to suscribe to thread). I suspect that a lot of members found it too difficult to vote and i wouldn't be surprised if most of the votes where casted shortly after you introduced the concept of MOTM. So, I would recommend to put the MOTM competition among the other compatition in top menu.

2. While I can sympathise with idea that past winners cannot be nominated, I think this would be a mistake as it would assume that T2W is static as opposed to be in constant flux. Hey, we are traders and need to adapt constantly to changing circumstances. And so should T2W and its MOTM.

Fe let's assume CM continues to run a great thread (in addition to all the oher work), I see no reason why he can't win again, especially as he (contrary to many other excellent contributors) is not flocking his commercial services. secondly , i noticed that his following is constantly changing as traders switch focus, u/l, trading methods etc. I also assume T2W's active membership is changing and chooising winners of MOTM should not be restricted to new memebres.

Currently, I would have little difficulty finding at least 5 potential MOTM candidates. Beyond those, I my view the MOTM might be compromised. I also think that election should not be based on past performance (MOTM is not a mutual fund, haha).

Anyway, T2W members adapt to change and so should T2W MOTM awards. As compromise, may I suggest that fe past winners cannot be nominated the next month? Beyond that the MOTM competition should be free open and highly competitive, just like the markets we are trading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock