Medved QuoteTracker

Oldun,

Who is your data provider because I dont have this problem using money.net with QT

Paul

Paul,

I've had the problem with more than 1 supplier. I'd better try money.net.

Thanks for the reply

Oldun,

It is probably worth giving them a go as you get a 14 day free trial so if you are not happy after that then it hasnt cost you.

Paul

Thanks again Paul,

I have to say that, provided I can sort out the data issue, I am very satisfied with QT.

It could do with some enhancements

1. to the L2 software - eg highlighting MMs, a rise/fall in quote indicator and a #best column; and

2. to the trading integration with IB - eg to provide for simultaneous placing of a trailing stop. Something like Tsim+ would be good.

Not criticism but hope you are lstening Jerry.

This is an example of a 1 Min backfill. 5 minute gives candles/bars in the expected way.

Attachments

• pnra.gif
    pnra.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:
5 Minute bars backfill of same stock.

Attachments

• pnra.gif
    pnra.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 876
Jerry, When I minimise Quotetracker it disappears and I have to re-open it from my desktop any idea why this is the case and how to solve it ?

Thanks. M.

Dear Jerry

The charts in QT fill from right edge and proress towards left as data comes in. I am more used to chart starting from left edge and move towards right as the day progresses. Can I change this in QT. Thanks for your help

I am Looking for alternative to tenfore for datafeed, basically what I need is the ability to display 5,10 15 min bars(candlesticks), tick chart with Volume would be nice.........but not essential

I spreadbet the Dax & Swiss ( Poss FTSE) so Eurex exchange.

is this possible with quotetracker, if it is any suggestions about possible data suppliers(real-time) & how this is done would be most appreciated.

just want something reliable & obviously lower cost the better

if this has already been posted somewhere forgive me & point me in the right direction

p.s simple explanations please :)

Thanks in advance

Jay

Last edited:
Schoe/osho67 & others, have you tried putting your questions in an e-mail to QT's tech support? Whenever I have used them during US market hours I have got a response literally within minutes, superb back up for free software. CMC should take a leaf out of their book when it comes to customer support!!

HTH

PS schoe, you should be able to double click the QT icon at the bottom right of your screen to bring QT back up quickly.

Hehe,
Your right about support. I've e mailed them when they should be tucked up in their beds; and had a response within the hour.
Those guys don't sleep!

What an absolutely great service Jerry and his team provide.
And all for free or very little cost. (I actually like the adverts, but could do with the 5 days data. Decisions, decisions).
They really put a lot of data/software providers to shame.

Osho67
Does it really matter about the chart fill?

Schoe

QT minimises to the icon tray

unless you change the settings in the misc options

Bigbusiness

would you like to see a UK section of the QT boards for us on this side of the pond ?

its an idea i had a while ago, now i'm not so sure it would be much benifit

I am sure it would be a good idea. There are lots of people using it over here and the US board doesn't have much about European markets and Forex.

Does anyone use a simulator/order entry with Quotetracker?
I use Tsim+ with my esignal setup, & need something similar.
I asked T333 who is a wealth of knowledge, but he doesn't know of one. Thanks anyway Paul.

IanH

Oldun - Scottrade backfill is 5 minute. Others are 1 minute. We will be adding some Level II enhancements. Don't know if we will have # best since that would only show the info based on the time the L II window was up, MM highlighting is a posibility. IB stuff will be looked at as well

osho67 - cannot change the charting stuff at this time. May be able to do it in the future

JayGE - Do you use IB as a broker by any chance?

Jerry Medved
http://www.quotetracker.com

Jerry,

Thanks for the reply. I have to say that the support you provide is fantastic.

I look forward to the L II enhancements. MM highlighting ( > 1 MM if possible) is very important for watching the primary and secondary Ax. # Best is of no real value in the circumstances you describe. An indicator of increases / decreases in the bid/offer of each participant is very useful. I appreciate the T&S window, to a degree, with the inside prices, already does this but the important thing is to be able to see the changes in sentiment of all the major participants.

Thanks again.

I use stockwatch for data but as you can see from the chart, the volume is not much use. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced data provider that provides good volume data?

Attachments

• volume.gif
    volume.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 640