Medved QuoteTracker

dglynn

40 0
Hittfeld

How are you getting Metaserver to pick data up from Medved, are you using DDE if so what Metaserver version are you using? and also could you confirm your datasource for Medved?

Much obliged for any response.

DaveG

Hittfeld

437 12
dglynn,

Short answer: I can send you a description as soon as I ve returned (end of next week) - albeit its in Italian. But easily understood.

Long answer: Install QT as webserver, put in stocks.ini, use Excel 97 or later, Metaserver 2.0 RT DDE , make shure TS and Global Server use DBC.

If its not detailed enough, let me know where I can mail the word-descrpt. , next week, Italian.

Or Jerry Medved might be so kind to give some hints.

And don`t forget to klick, otherwise qt will stop. How many clicks, Jerry??

Regards

Hittfeld

Hittfeld

437 12
I forgot, IB for futures and ameritrade/datek for stocks and options. But demo only 2 symbols

Therefore I reconsider now to switch to hyperserver lite (www.hypertrader.it - Free Tools).

Hittfeld

Oldun

139 1
Jerry,

I am having difficulty getting a backfill on 1 minute data.

I have no problem with 5 mins.

Any suggestions?

Trader333

8,658 984
Oldun,

Who is your data provider because I dont have this problem using money.net with QT

Paul

Oldun

139 1
Paul,

I've had the problem with more than 1 supplier. I'd better try money.net.

Thanks for the reply

Trader333

8,658 984
Oldun,

It is probably worth giving them a go as you get a 14 day free trial so if you are not happy after that then it hasnt cost you.

Paul

Oldun

139 1
Thanks again Paul,

I have to say that, provided I can sort out the data issue, I am very satisfied with QT.

It could do with some enhancements

1. to the L2 software - eg highlighting MMs, a rise/fall in quote indicator and a #best column; and

2. to the trading integration with IB - eg to provide for simultaneous placing of a trailing stop. Something like Tsim+ would be good.

Not criticism but hope you are lstening Jerry.

Oldun

139 1
This is an example of a 1 Min backfill. 5 minute gives candles/bars in the expected way.

Attachments

• pnra.gif
    pnra.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 865
Last edited:

schoe

343 3
Jerry, When I minimise Quotetracker it disappears and I have to re-open it from my desktop any idea why this is the case and how to solve it ?

Thanks. M.

osho67

407 3
Dear Jerry

The charts in QT fill from right edge and proress towards left as data comes in. I am more used to chart starting from left edge and move towards right as the day progresses. Can I change this in QT. Thanks for your help

Finlayson

410 10
I am Looking for alternative to tenfore for datafeed, basically what I need is the ability to display 5,10 15 min bars(candlesticks), tick chart with Volume would be nice.........but not essential

I spreadbet the Dax & Swiss ( Poss FTSE) so Eurex exchange.

is this possible with quotetracker, if it is any suggestions about possible data suppliers(real-time) & how this is done would be most appreciated.

just want something reliable & obviously lower cost the better

if this has already been posted somewhere forgive me & point me in the right direction

p.s simple explanations please :)

Thanks in advance

Jay

Last edited:

eminem

185 1
Schoe/osho67 & others, have you tried putting your questions in an e-mail to QT's tech support? Whenever I have used them during US market hours I have got a response literally within minutes, superb back up for free software. CMC should take a leaf out of their book when it comes to customer support!!

HTH

PS schoe, you should be able to double click the QT icon at the bottom right of your screen to bring QT back up quickly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock