Market Direction

According to an article on marketwatch we've been in a bull market since last october -- it's already lasted longer than they do on average. So make plenty of hay while the sun shines?

:LOL:
well, I wouldnt go that far.

I suspect they use the term very loosely ?
cause it makes good reading.

don't forget any rally that doesnt make a new all-time
high has to be considered a bear market rally.

a la elliott.

if we get there, just watch what happens around 4430 !!!

Thanks for that Bigbusiness

If only the markets could move in my favour like this all the time.

I have never made so much money in one day in all my time of trading.

May it forever continue.

I have cashed some of it in just in case.

Friday was an interesting day. The dow gapped up but then closed not far above Thursdays close. If it gaps down on Monday, there might be a significant pull back. It felt like most of the bears gave up but there were not enough bulls left to keep the momentum going. I am hopeless at calling market tops, and have never got one right in the past, but I did buy a cheap out of the money put on the FTSE just in case this is it.

http://tinyurl.com/dp2l

this is a 4.30 chart so it doesnt include the fall
but I have marked up some elliott waves as I see them.
still looks bullish to me until it his that downtrend line.
currently at 9494 ?

Attachments

• dow.gif
    dow.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 356
Nice chart Bonsai

The dow this afternoon is due for some sort of consolidation.

My Prediction for this afternoon will be 40 to 70pts down before a surge upwards again. possibly 110pts!!

RRG,
nice to see you happy mate <g>
My apologies, far too short term for me, and I try to rise a little later as well, but if I ever get 5 mins during holidays etc you never know.
Dave

I'm 'guessing' at Dow falling today, very bearish daily chart candle stick formation...

US futures being driven up - catching all the bulls out before a nice big decline later in the day.

There hasn't been much weakness in the dow that I can see.

So I predict a strong upward movement today- Which unfortunately didn't happen yesterday!

It seems like the pull for most markets is upwards.