market direction

very! just moved into a new house and got so much to do, along with trying to beat the market!

added long SP and crude yesterday

@N Rothschild:

Have you ever looked at the COT stuff done by Larry Williams?

Opinion on him seems to be divided between his being the greatest trading god ever, to being a snake-oil salesman. I don't know that much about him really, so I have an open mind, but his COT stuff looks interesting. While looking for MT4 versions of his indicators, I came across this:

http://articles.mql4.com/867 and also:
http://www.mql5.com/en/articles/34

(The Metacot Project).

Also looks pretty interesting, although a fair amount of work and organisation getting all the stuff together correctly, and then you still have to trade it properly.

Yes, it's indicators, but it's fundamentals-based (well, -ish, sort of).

His "Will Go" indicator is also fundamentals-based, though that is for stocks and bonds rather than commodities.

he is a tool :D

the COT data is worth paying attention to IMO, but it aint a panacea.

Thats all I have to say about that.

added long SP and crude yesterday

I'll be long today with 1088 as target
(SP not ES)
[dotted yellow line - I hope !!!!!]

Am just about to drive up up-country, so will have to let the trade look after itself and hope I get a nice surprise when I check back tomorrow

Attachments

• SP500_thurs.jpg
    SP500_thurs.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 207
I'll be long today with 1088 as target
(SP not ES)
[dotted yellow line - I hope !!!!!]

Am just about to drive up up-country, so will have to let the trade look after itself and hope I get a nice surprise when I check back tomorrow

good trade.

i actually got long the ES and crude on monday with protective puts. During tuesdays slide i sold my puts right down in the lows and put in a hard stop aswell as adding some contracts. well it rallied all the way into positive territory! so i made money in both directions even when i was wrong to begin with!

this is why i love synthetics, so dynamic.

Congrats on Rothschild Towers - have you moved into the castle?

Interesting on ES btw. I got short on yesterdays RTH high and watched it crash down in the afternoon session. Was suprised to wake up this morning seeing most of the ground being made up overnight and my profit diminished by 20pts by the time Europe opened.

Anyway, am going to play short one last time today if it looks right and if another RTH higher high forms outside of the congestion area in the 90's then I think I'm with you long and look for the next higher low to join the ride.

Whats up then, genics? I take you're only making measly thousands off of your trading if you aren't posting.

Whats up then, genics? I take you're only making measly thousands off of your trading if you aren't posting.

I presume he is busy supervising the gangs of painters, decorators and plumbers, busy improving and beautifying Chateau Rothschild for him.

And stop calling him Shirley.

Chateau Rothschild is coming along nicely, only just got the broadband put intoday! spent most of my time sunbathing on the terrace tbh. having a pretty good month will update the thread soon. nat gas finally took off though!

Do you get margin calls on call options or something? You broke? That bubble model worked a treat in oil btw. Still is. Pity I didn't have the stones to trade it.

nope, just cant be bothered with the forum much! can follow all the markets ive posted without me posting! i'm up 25% for the month and taking rest of it off, ta ta

i bought option volatility and pricing by natenburg :) going to educate myself on these ludicrous instruments!