March 04 Forex

hmmm, locked in decent profit on cable, but the short frame signals still showing neutral/positive......euro is playing silly buggers, but worth persevering with the mo..... :(

just cranked stops to a tad below the 40 ema's......happy to lock in at those levels for now....see where they run.......... :|

Nice one Buk

Looking at short for GBP now
eur still waiting for BO

Happy Trading
NB

Attachments

• 08-03-04 gbp a 15min.png
    08-03-04 gbp a 15min.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 361
5 & 15 min trendlines holding euro up with neutral signals.....hope you're right for a positive crank on this one NB!!!.....doesn't much look like it wants to play at the moment!

re - jigged me stop, give it a bit of breathing space......

stop now at 2364 (on recent supp on the 1 min + below the short term trendlines)

Last edited:
that'll do me!!....... :D at least now there are "tradeable" levels for another pot shot........ :)

NB what stop loss do you tend to use when taking an earkly short like the above, I suppose it would be much less than normal, thinking that it is slighlty more risky than the short at 1.2330 ish

anmolway

i usulaly use anywhere from 15-30 pip stop depending on the chart anything tighter will get you stopped out imo only to watch it run. However when the trade started to move in my favour i tighten the stop up to something more suitable.

HTH
NB

With futures you can devise systems with a stop of 10 or less pips that are profitable. I guess using a Forex Broker you have to allow more for spread and movement.

JonnyT

ooooooo....wondered what that sound was that woke me!.....steak thudding to the ground........ :D

further emphasises the 240 trendline cap on cable, particularly as it reacted to the 38% fib/resistance headline at the 550 point.....a definite 'bear' stronghold.

there are a couple trendlines poking around 8515...onr from the lows this a.m (8420) & one from the high's......the 1 min is also homing in on that level with a line down from the morning's high's.....gonna watch this (reactive) point for a poss quickie to the 550 resistance!.....signals have crept over neutral.....we'll see

of course....the alternative play (on the quickie angle) is the bust of the 460 bottom channel targeting the morning low's at 420......

tick/1 min resist at 500.....bust that & it should crank!!

trendline supp at 78.