man spread betting?

mustafa

Hi!
have been trying to search for the man spread betting website,without success.can anybody post the website please?thanx

Hi zow!
thanx for your reply,i thought so too,But,on page 50 of the capital spreads thread 3/4 of the way down it's been briefly discussed.
I have no idea where they got the website frm?

Hi,
I think they've already launched. There was an ad for their spread betting site in the FT last week.

This is so funny, looks like Man are going to show most of the spread betting companies for what they are, legal thiefs.....

Yes, thiefs for not paying interest on small cash balances.

Good on you Man, hope you take a lot of business away from the usual suspects.

Man wiped out most of the competition in the commodity markets over the years.
No competition, no markets.

They're not going to put anyone out of business just force the non-payers of interest to act far more ethically.

These days an 18 year-old with a few hours of Excel training could write a spreadsheet to allocate interest to ALL cash balances, so there is really no excuse for not paying on small amounts.

oatman said:
Hopefully it will increase competition.
I've discussed with Man their DOW (Cash Wall Street) service. They say they will take up to a £500 size bet electronically at price. The spread is 6 points though. Of course I have known Man for a long time from other business done with them.

I will be opening an account with them for when I play size across all the decent spreadbet services available. I use direct YM but at the same time I always keep maximum flexibility available to suit my purposes.
:)

have checked out Man's spread market info available on their website.
looks a good range of markets, but have seen tighter spreads elsewhere.
stakes range from around £2 - £5 a point.

Last edited:
yeh reynard that point about things in life being more important than money... just an urban myth!!

you could well be right.
and if you think so, this is the website for you !

may the Gods of trading smile upon you.

thanks reynard , small point but i think ig have cut spread on u.s. stocks to .3 +mktspread , i use cmc, but isn't easy to cover a lot ( say s&p 500) u.s. stocks at a good spread , etrade seem to be good , havn't used em yet thougfh!!

I've just opened an account with CMC cos I like the look of their daily rolling cash bets.
Now I've found out my existing broker, capital-spreads, will shortly be offering same.

yeh the prob with capitol spreads is if you want most of s&p 500 you have to ask for them to be "put on" as they only have a few of the constituents listed at the moment!!

Last edited:
have you actually dealt with man , if so are they any good? service, trading platform, etc?

thanks