Spread betting on options

dguerini

Hi everybody!

I'm completely new to spread betting but I've been trading options for some time with (until now) good results.

I would like to know which are the best spread betting platforms for dealing with options on indexes and single shares. My strategy consists in taking short positions on both calls and puts. Does anybody out there deal consistently with options through a spread betting platform?

Many thanks!

Daniele

Do not spread bet on options, you are a) paying market spread b) paying spread bettign spreads. In some cases these can be excessive. Spread betting firms do not know how to properly Span margin trades and do not know how to cross over margins on strategies.
My advise would be to use spreads for vanilla hedging and use an online options broker.
Regards
MarvinS

Thank you MarviS for your advice. Do you trade options through an option broker? Do you consider Interactive Brokers a good service for option trading?

Best regards.

Daniele

Well pitched old bean. No selling on this site! Are you an IA.
I was an options dealer for abit at a spread betting firm, currrently at Global Trader. What about yourself?

Regards
MarvinS

I've been working four years in M&A and private equity; I've been trading options for more than a year with good (until now!) results. Now I'm moving to London to join an MBA programme, but I'll keep on dealing with options.

Daniele

I just cited Interactive Brokers because of a research on the web among various broker and their services...

I'll be doing my MBA at London Business School. Then I'll look for an occupation in the city in asset management (hopefully hedge funds).

MBA at LBS sounds quite expensive - £30k+. Well i hope it goes well for you. A high flyer in the making.
What is your background?

I've been studying finance in Milan (Bocconi University), then worked in the financial industry (consulting and private equity).

and... yes! Unfortunately LBS is very, very expensive. I hope it worths the money I'll invest in!