Fixed odds spread betting

ajay1989

Hi, i want to know if spread betting companies such as IGindex and betonmarkets allow the option of betting through fixed odds rather than binary betting, e.g. putting a stake of £10 in and odds ranging from 1.01+ depending on betting above/below a line. And is there any advantages of binary betting compared to fixed odds betting? Thanks.

Hi, i want to know if spread betting companies such as IGindex and betonmarkets allow the option of betting through fixed odds rather than binary betting, e.g. putting a stake of £10 in and odds ranging from 1.01+ depending on betting above/below a line. And is there any advantages of binary betting compared to fixed odds betting? Thanks.

Binaries are a two way/sided market ie IG quote both a buy and sell price.

The fixed odds offering (custom bets), they only quote a price you can buy for, some bets have opposite bets (no touch/one touch). but mostly they are one sided. This means they can rip you off with a silly price and you cant take advantage of it by being able to hit them the other way.

However there is a 'hidden' spread, in that you can close out a bet early once you have opened it, but the spread paid to get out early is often over 10%+, ie your P/L is immediately down huge right after you open the bet, much more so than regular binaries.

Alright, ive been betting with a bookmaker and they have a system where i can choose the stake say enter a £10 stake and expect to receive the corresponding odds depending on the distance between the line.. hence no buying/selling price involved. Has anyone found any companies offering anything similar to this?