Spread Betting at DF Markets

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Peakoil i don't think you and gle are talking about the same thing :) , i think he meant a default SL - in points - feature , which you can preset so everytime you open a new trade an automated sl will be added to your position ...
Yes thank you, you are correct in your description of the auto stop loss I am referring to.

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Optional is fine with me. Thank you for pointing that out. By saying it's optional, I trust you mean that DF markets has an optional auto generated stop loss, so that if a client also wants to open positions without any stop loss and at a later point in time, place one, then that is allowed too.
Yes good that you say "optional", a user predefine auto generated stop loss in points, is what I actually meant, this to make myself clear. Many like me doesn't like to "fiddle" around with numbers setting the stop loss, especially in a volatile market.

DF Markets do not have this auto stop feature, but you can set it after opening the trade in dollar lost, which make it a little bit easier. Still you are not doing it in the same instant as you are opening the trade. As I pointed out before, not many platforms left without the option to set a user auto generated predefine stop loss in points. I come to think of only a few, Prospreads being one, and DF Markets of course, as they were the reason for this discussion taking place.

Last edited:

Hate2Lose

155 3
Hi guys

I`ve visited DF Markets spread betting website and noticed that the EUR/USD spread is only 0.6 pips which is great. I intend to open a demo with them. Does anyone have any experience with DF Markets spread betting? :)

There are so many of these guys popping up. 0.6 pip spread – they have to be making their money somewhere, most likely by running a book and relying on chipping away with bad fills and re-quotes. I prefer ECNs with access to bank liquidity. Bigger spreads and charges, but you know what you’re getting – saves you a fortune in the long run.

Remember Worldspreads? 0 pips. They’re not working for free! What happened to them?!

If you give it a go, let us know how they are!

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
There are so many of these guys popping up. 0.6 pip spread – they have to be making their money somewhere, most likely by running a book and relying on chipping away with bad fills and re-quotes. I prefer ECNs with access to bank liquidity. Bigger spreads and charges, but you know what you’re getting – saves you a fortune in the long run.

Remember Worldspreads? 0 pips. They’re not working for free! What happened to them?!

If you give it a go, let us know how they are!
Yes you are probably right, but DF Markets have been good trading with and I would be surprised if you find a single bad review out there. The average spread is 1 point on the DF platform I am trading. I did have a look at DF platforms and apparently they offer ECN as well.

Last edited:

Hate2Lose

155 3
Yes you are probably right, but DF Markets have been good trading with and I would be surprised if you find a single bad review out there. The average spread is 1 point on the DF platform I am trading. I did have a look at DF platforms and apparently they offer ECN as well.

Sounds good! Please post if things change, might give them a whirl.

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Sounds good! Please post if things change, might give them a whirl.
The only thing about their platform is that they are a little bit slow in execution time. To be honest trading Forex, I would go with another company which has a much faster execution time. Preferably ECN and with a platform like cTrader.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock