London Traders Group

bbmac

Veteren member
Things have been a bit quiet since our last get togethor on Saturday 28th May.

Hoping to make re-start the monthly meetings with the mornings reserved for the workshops and the afternoon sessions split between something constructive followed by a genral social.

Price action and Trading pyshcology workshops are planned and if any one has any ideas of how to make the first half of the afternoon sessions more productive, and suggestions are welcome.

best for now

BBmac.

Paper trade session?

Hi BB

I'm new to the idea of traders meeting up and what goes on at these sessions so I'm sorry if this is a lame suggestion, but how about one of the more experienced (and brave) traders taking us through a paper-trading session on the live indices/equities or forex? If you can find a location near a wi-fi hotspot it would be easy with a laptop. This could encompass the pre-market action and the usually-very-active first hour. To avoid it being tedious it could be kicked off at, say 2pm with a break for a different session, and then we return to it at 3/3.30pm to analyse what's happened (and then again after drinks!).

Just an idea - hope it helps.

WR

bbmac said:

Hoping to make re-start the monthly meetings with the mornings reserved for the workshops and the afternoon sessions split between something constructive followed by a genral social.

Price action and Trading pyshcology workshops are planned and if any one has any ideas of how to make the first half of the afternoon sessions more productive, and suggestions are welcome.

best for now

BBmac.

I will be starting my (day) trading career 2nd week in Aug, working from home.
How can I join the London Traders Group?

cheers,

undertaker said:
I will be starting my (day) trading career 2nd week in Aug, working from home.
How can I join the London Traders Group?

cheers,

You've got to send me a cheque. PM me and I will tell you where to post it.

Dont worry, its not a scam. All the money goes to charity - to save the rainforrest. Just make it payable to Central Amazon Special Help. Just put the initials down if its easier for you.

undertaker

i'd wait until the second week in september unless you want to spend the first month being guaranteed to lose money

trading is a game and when no one is at the table ( would you not take that month off if you make 5 figures a day) - the shrewdies left can just move the ball where they want it to be - whats the chance of you riding with them - a big fat zero!

Last edited:
stevet said:
undertaker

i'd wait until the second week in september unless you want to spend the first month being guaranteed to lose money

trading is a game and when no one is at the table ( would you no take that month off if you make 5 figures a day) - the shrewdies left can just move the ball where they want it to be - whats the chance of you riding with them - a big fat zero!

Is this still relevant in todays market? Computers dont take holidays!

well, at least in stock markets at the moment - despite the fact that 50% plus of trading is computer initiated - you still need a few real people to stoke the fire and even computers know when its the summer lull and pull back a bit - so next time you are on the beach next to an IBM mainframe - you will know its August

but just trade through August and let me know how right i am at the end of it!

bbmac,

Do you have anything in the works for late September / early October? I would be very interested in attending.

Please check your mail.

Regards,

Loukas

Investment clubs, trdding seminars.....

Have only just moved to London but am trying to get involved in Investment Clubs etc.... Investment Seminars that may be runing - any advice anyone??? Nothing too intense..... Thanks.

bbmac said:

best for now

BBmac.

I am planning to run a TA workshop if anyone is interested.

Cheques payable to Chart Reading And Perception.....

vickiok said:
Have only just moved to London but am trying to get involved in Investment Clubs etc.... Investment Seminars that may be runing - any advice anyone??? Nothing too intense..... Thanks.

Hi Vickiok

Welcome to T2W :cool:
We had a meeting in London last month, and the next one is in the "Planning to Plan stage" :eek:

More details to follow.......eventually