London Stone Trading

Just done some research myself having never heard of Schneider before.

isnt schneider really hard to get into? Do they have like a really high minimum requirement to get into? Like a 2.1 in finance or something?
:smart:

How's the prop trading going? Have you stopped updating your blog?

Still trading thank you.

My blog is pretty much up to date, though since updating to the new FXCM software my uploader to
MyFxBook has corrupted hence I haven't updated that recently. As I take it you have been looking at that page, if you'd looked at the journal pages you would see that I am pretty much up to date on them.

As you have taken an interest I can tell you that I am almost back to B/E on my personal account and I am down a little on my LST account. I haven't been able to trade as much as I'd like due to the busy times at my work.

Hello

I am a current MBA student at Cranfield university and we recently had an opportunities in finance event in London. CMAWorld Online | Events | SOLD OUT: Financial Careers: Challenges and Opportunities is the link to the event.

Before starting my MBA I was a failed trader at Schneider, I made it through the selection process and got onto the live floor, but was politely asked to leave soon after. My reason for this post is due to the rubbish that was spoken previously about Dean being an ex-Schneider trader. Not only was I at Schneider at the time that Dean was 'supposedly' there (he wasn't by the way), but during his speech he announced that his head of recruitment threw him into the lions pit at this event to speak to MBA, leading financial individuals and hundreds of finance alumni when he doesn't have a degree himself! Not only is Dean way too old to have been selected for Schneider he doesn't meet the minimum entry requirements.

I spent the dinner break with Dean and one of his recent graduate traders and I was frustrated to see this about him. He gave a fantastic insight into different careers throughout the city, the benefits of working within SMEs and within the established London Stone wealth management group.

Whether he was at Schneiders is neither here nor there. They took 3k off the guy and give him a £1400 spread bet account and told he was now a prop trader. The guy didn't even know he was spreadbetting, some training.

Whether he was at Schneiders is neither here nor there. They took 3k off the guy and give him a £1400 spread bet account and told he was now a prop trader. The guy didn't even know he was spreadbetting, some training.

Correction he paid them £3500 for a £1400 SB account.

You do realise J-C that now everyone in the whole world is going to say " YOU WORK AT THEIR COMPANY!!!" Its the Trade2win way!

But I am glad that they made a good enough impression for you to come onto the forums. I hope your trading works out whatever you do. :clap:

Lol patrick are you still going on about spreadbetting?! it has been proven by FXCM themselves that it isnt a SB account.

You obviously havent been following his blog as he has been given more funds from London Stone as he had a profitable month. So therefore your second standard argument about having to make xxx% to get back to breakeven after the cost of the training has been stuffed too.

As you know, I fight in the same corner as you about beginners should never pay for training, but the more you go on about everything the more you do make yourself look a little silly and just p*****d off that you failed at Amplify. Can't paint everyone with the same brush my good man.

On a side note, I would have like to have been at that event, always like to hear about Mr Warren Buffett! :idea:

You obviously havent been following his blog as he has been given more funds from London Stone as he had a profitable month. So therefore your second standard argument about having to make xxx% to get back to breakeven after the cost of the training has been stuffed too.

:

His blog hasn't been updated for November, it shows +2.64% for October in his London Stone account and -4.7% in his FXCM account.

His blog hasn't been updated for November, it shows +2.64% for October in his London Stone account and -4.7% in his FXCM account.

He made a post on his blog a while back about how his account received more funds. (there is quite a lot more content on there, its just all laid out really crap)

There is a link somewhere that you can leave an email address to get updates.

I subscribed and I have actually quite enjoyed watching his journey. It looks like he is making all the mistakes that all new traders make...according to this forum and myself! His rants and outbursts are amusing :) It does seem as though he is learning them much faster from his training though. So at least he will get to where he wants to get faster! :eek:

The biggest test however is what happens when / if he has a losing month, thats what Im waiting for !

Last edited:
your prayers have been answered. Though you'll have to give me a couple of minutes to update the bloggy blog. Also, so Mr. Pboyles doesn't think something is still up, I am re-installing the myFxbook application as it turns out not to be the problem for my trading application failures. You can follow that thread on the fxcm bit of T2W.

However, I haven't traded my own account (the one which is linked to myFxbook) you'll see why if you read the blog "Journal". Unfortunately you have to suffer the rants more than the equity curve updates. Sorry.

Also, sorry to read that the layout is crap. I'll try and find a better way to lay it all out, though that's the first ctitiscm I have had, hence not changing it since I found the new Theme.

i'm not 100% sure why they gave me £600 either. I am not complaining though :LOL:

I am also interested to know what happens when you don't make a profit on the month. Though I am not going to try and not make money. I know that you can not be profitable all the time so if there are any other lst traders reading this it would be good to know what does happen when you are not profitable for a month.

Also, I know for a fact that you get varying amounts of money depending on how well you did that month, your experience and how long you have been a trader with them. I think any business which is commissioned based has a vested interest in making the person or trader profitable. It's how they make more money afterall. Give a man a fish.... and all that.

The only way you'll find out how well I do is to check into my blog once a month around the 12th or subscribe. Trading Trends
Simples.

As for all of the other people on here who don'y contribute in a positive way, you know who you are, I hope you have as successful trading careers as you do on here. Legends the lot of you.

So what happened at the end of last month when you were down 11%. Did they reduce your account size?

This iamnev spotter whined at the mods on here because I told him the truth in no uncertain terms. The mods took his side of the story(n)(n)(n)
I will not comment at this stage(n):sleep::sleep:

not yet PB. Hopefully on Monday I'll know if you get more funds even after a bad month, no funds , or their (my) money back. I'm guessing you'll be hoping for option 3 so that you can shout, "I told you so".
However, since I keep a log of every trade I do with them I know where I went wrong and I am doing my best to never repeat that particular mistake again.
The response that night from LST after losing 10% of my capital was not in any way negative. They told me to learn from my mistake, think about better risk manangement and to treat the following day as a new day and trade their methodolgy from then on.
To be honest, I followed that day with 3 losing days too and only crept back those losses with a massive (for me) FTSE winning trade.
I have discected where I went wrong and I have taken it upon myself to read "Trading in the Zone". December has been a positive month for me so far and I am hoping that if i can continue with the consistency I should be able to recoup the losses in November. Though I would hope if the consistency remains I will be able to more than recoup the losses.

My feeling is that I will get more funds this coming month as LST wont make any money from me until I am significantly profitable. For that, my account size will need several thousand or more pounds in it. I just need to prove to them I am worthy of receiving these extra funds.

We'll all have to wait and see.

As for Mrs Crusher, if you want to send me private messages and abuse me , I will always forward the abuse on to the moderators. They need to know who trolls their boards. If you want to discuss stuff ,then fine, we can have a discussion. I personally just don't like defamation, deragatory or mis-infomation about myself or people I work with. Othr than that knock yourself out, write what you want.

Have a great weekend both of you.

I will not comment on the fact that you don't consider loss of 10% of your account a disaster, there have to be losers to be winners.
bojtsirw.:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
Obsessive advertising of a boiler room is also recognised as spamming and while we are in a convivial mood here are some of the channels which I subscribe to with the sole aim of exposing them.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
TheIraRock's Channel - YouTube

Last edited:
yes it was a personal disaster and I was very angry about the way in which I went about losing 10%, however I have turned a loss in to a personal win by getting a better perspective and re-aligning my psychology towards that particular loss and every loss that comes my way from now on.

I am lucky to have been sold an edge regardless of what some will now go on to say. I would have been luckier to have found my edge for free but I tried that for a couple of years and I lost a 100% of my account.

So 10% in one day was hopefully the worst loss I'll make from now on. In fact I know it will be because I am a better trader for it. I have better (personal) risk controls , better understanding and a better view of the trading world.

Over the coming years I hope to prove that to you but that is a personal goal and therefore only I will be able to judge the results.

I will not comment on the fact that you don't consider loss of 10% of your account a disaster, there have to be losers to be winners.

I'd probably argue that a 10% drawdown isnt anythIng to worry about really. But anyone who loses 10% in a day, in average market conditions really has issues and probably shouldnt be trading.