Lessons I ignored to my cost last week

barjon

Legendary member
1. The market often gives you a second chance for entry, but rarely at a better price if the trade is going to be good.

2. If you've jumped aboard and the train is reluctant to leave the station, or fails to get up steam once it has, then watch out.

1. It depends on the situation.....sometimes you can.....when the train station is very busy, passengers cannot fit into the trains provided so it usually re-routes so another few carriages are added to the train and they get picked up later on.....some trains are faster than others especially the maglev ones (magnetic).....depending on the destination, longer trains usually travels further than shorter trains.
2. I think it will be safer to buy a "cheap" ticket and walk into the train rather than jumping aboard, yes, one should enter early as you can get a window seat so you can "watch" the environment passing by.....there is a train crash ahead so the train will be re-directed but hold on tight for an amazing ride.....you should call the boss as you will be late for work.....again.....Oh! another thing, one should get off at the right station.....and not the wrong one.

Last edited:
1. It depends on the situation.....sometimes you can.....when the train station is very busy, passengers cannot fit into the trains provided so it usually re-routes so another few carriages are added to the train and they get picked up later on.....some trains are faster than others especially the maglev ones (magnetic).....depending on the destination, longer trains usually travels further than shorter trains.
2. I think it will be safer to buy a "cheap" ticket and walk into the train rather than jumping aboard, yes, one should enter early as you can get a window seat so you can "watch" the environment passing by.....there is a train crash ahead so the train will be re-directed but hold on tight for an amazing ride.....you should call the boss as you will be late for work.....again.....Oh! another thing, one should get off at the right station.....and not the wrong one.

:D You express so many bad things that could happen. I think I'll keep my bike--let the rest keep out of the way.

And sometimes you are standing on the wrong platform watching the trains go by in the opposite direction, unsure whether to cross over and try and get one - knowing as soon as you do the train you are currently waiting for is bound to arrive.

1. The market often gives you a second chance for entry, but rarely at a better price if the trade is going to be good.

2. If you've jumped aboard and the train is reluctant to leave the station, or fails to get up steam once it has, then watch out.

These are two of the basic principles of the way I momentum trade US stocks.
They mean you have a very high success rate and the relatively few but inevitable losers are all kept small.
Richard

They mean you have a very high success rate and the relatively few but inevitable losers are all kept small.
Richard

I agree these two rules are the essence of entry and trade mgmt IMO.

Richard

I think these are important points; especially the dictum that if the trade doesn't move straight away , with some momentum, then prepare to get out.:)
Knowing your stop loss beforehand is very important, as is your psychological health re trading stress etc. (Many other points also matter but the two aforementioned one's are critical in my humble opinion).
(Hope I can post this before I am banned for my earlier post elsewhere on this site):whistling

I think these are important points; especially the dictum that if the trade doesn't move straight away , with some momentum, then prepare to get out.:)
Knowing your stop loss beforehand is very important, as is your psychological health re trading stress etc. (Many other points also matter but the two aforementioned one's are critical in my humble opinion).
(Hope I can post this before I am banned for my earlier post elsewhere on this site):whistling

Yep, I always concentrate first of all on maximum possible loss and managing the position. Profits tend to take care of themselves.

Yes, neil, your head may soon be rolling around on the floor like mine is likely to :rolleyes:

You’ve got to love stops like your Mom. Setting protective stops when trading should be as automatic as breathing to you. The stop is an effective protection for your nerves and your accounts, no matter what others say against it. Stops will one day save you from the markets that refuse to come back – in contrast to your usual expectation. Never trade without them. It’s a foolish act to allow a trade that could be closed with a negligible loss snowball into a huge negativity.

Again - this is not your original work.

https://www.paxforex.com/forex-blog/linda-raschke-an-amazon-of-the-wall-street

Stop passing off others work as your own since it is plagiarism and can mislead others into thinking you write from personal experience.

This has happened to me many times that i have got the second chance and few times i have used it but most of the times missed such gold chances.

3 for 3 losers on the equity front last week - train got up steam alright but back the way it had come :LOL:.

So:

3. The market's fat lady often comes onto the stage, but it's never over 'til she sings.

great points ..........and something a lot of traders should adopt

N

So:
3. The market's fat lady often comes onto the stage, but it's never over 'til she sings.
Ever been to an opera Barjon?.....is it not true that the show never really starts until the fat lady sings!.....and you get the cheapest tickets in town!