Competition Entries for next weeek...

Try Omnitrader again - ended up with two small longs last time!

Long JCBS - Jacobs
Short SGE - Sage

Wednesday to Wednesday or whenever suits me.

Thanks for spending your time running it.

Regards
Joe

New T2W Competition Page

Have a read of this thread . It's just to let everyone know the new Competition page is up and running here. It's also now on the left menu bar.

Because it's the first week we've tried this, something is bound to go wrong. So if you have any probs, post them in this thread .

Cheers!

Sharky.

ps. If you've already posted your choices, that's fine.. just add them to the Competition page as well. Anyone who forgets to add them, that's fine I'll add them for you.

And yet another addition to the T2W BB.......Congratulations once more Sharky and the team.

John

Please Mr Chartman

Long Logica. LOG
Short Shell. SHEL

Thanks
Steve
PS just tried the comp link which indicates shel closed at 581??? It actually closed at 601.

[Edited by shelman on 11-02-2001 at 08:46 PM]

At the moment it's grabbing the wrong price(!). Who said this was going to run smoothly. Looks like it prefers the opening price to the closing one. Will have it fixed tonight.

Sharky.

Prices in Competition

If running from Monday to Friday would have thought the opening price on Monday would be the starter, and closing price Friday should be the norm. After all we cant guarantee to buy at close Friday.

What do others think????

John

I agree with you John,

The prices are only meant to be an indication of how they might open on Monday. Rather than the actual price bought at. But on reflection there is no real reason to show this, and it will only likely confuse members. So I'm going to remove it, and just list the members, and their stock picks.. until Monday morning at 8:15 when we get our first 15min delayed prices.

Sharky.

The Competition Analysis Board with its moving price column is just BRILLIANT!!!!!

I wonder what other little gems the team have up their sleeves?????

Best wishes

John

Thanks Uncle,

I've just now got it fixed with the correct rankings and prices.

Glad you like it, lots more cool features to come!

Sharky.

You've some tough competition on the way.. Bloomberg and the Times are offering £1m prize in their competition. What lovely prizes have you in store for our winners?

Thanks Steve glad you like it...

Seems to have held up pretty well today, after a dodgy start this morning.

Let me know what changes you'd like me to make to it.

On my to-do list:

1) Get the close position to work. For the moment if you want to close any open position you'll have tell us on this thread.

2) An overall member ranking - combining the two share picks.

3) Any ideas?

Sharky.

Opps!

Bit of a technical hitch with the ranking table, and now it's reverted back to this morning's incomplete offering.

Sorry about this, will have to wait until tomorrow morning now to have it fixed.

Sharky.

Now Fixed and Working Normally

Working fine again now, after quite a bit of work this morning. Hopefullt won't have any more problems now for the rest of the week.

Sharky.

Not a bad short of mine.. 100% in 2 days. I assume its a data problem and I haven't cursed SLF.

Hi Cigar,

Yeah data problem I expect! I've updated the prices again, so your back in 22nd/26th place. Doh!

Bis5: Will close at market open price.

Sharky.