Lessons from a beginner...

"Money Management and Position sizing are crucial elements of trading but often underplayed. I have found that these two disciplines alone give big confidence when entering a trade - knowing that the overall risk if the trade goes wrong is calculated and containable."

It always amazes me when people just ignore these factors

It is very difficult for new traders to quantify this risk which, for many, comes with the experience of trial and error.

In essence, traders need to develop their own particular technique for isolating 'high probability' trades. I may start another series of posts soon which could be of help, starting out with a specific mathematical approach that may be used as a benchmark to surpass.

I understand the greeks, so i know about deltas, and time eroision. I just wanted you guys and girls opinion as to what plan works for you. Do you swing trade, day trade, trade at the end of the day, look for reversals.....ect? Thanks for your input.

if you are just getting started why start with options, they are by far the toughest to trade and require a deep understanding of the math behind option pricing.

my 2 cents...
start with a simple swing trade
reason 1, removes the math component required for options trading
reason 2, removes the price action component required in day trading

simplify your 1st trade as much as possible, so you don't get overwhelmed.
build out from there..

this is one year that I am in business and I'm still using the demo account on my forex broker.

Hello to all,

I am a private Italian trader, I found your forum on google. It's really useful and well done.

I would like some information. Do you know a website, a link, where you can find the CDS (credit default swap) updated in real time or at least almost every week?

On Bloomberg many CDS (5 years) are no longer visible and bloomberg professional is too expensive :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

Marco,
Italy

I'm trading for a while, I started with a demo account that help me learn a lot and understand the basics of trading. Now I started with a real account and for the time being is going well.

=0)