Larry Levin Secrets of Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
do not buy their course, you will be sorry. File a complaint with bbb
he has high pressure sales reps. All that are unhappy have the same complaint, they feel that they were tricked into buying.

funny how trading advantage, or secrets of trader have an "a" rating on the bbb, and nfa, and ripoff report, out of the 9 thousand people, theres about 8 losers out there trying to ruin someones name...anyone who is dumb enough to listen to you clowns desrves all the crap that comes there way...i feel sorry for you..not for the 4k you lost but for the sorry loser coward you are
ps- why should they gauruntee anything? Here lets see....you want there books, seminars, trade secrets, and all other stuff and once you copy it all and get ready to move ahead you cancell it/? Hay dumba*** this is a business isnt it?
Im done talking

Maybe you couldn't read into his post that was a learning experience for him. He lost 4K on it, but if that is all he lost and he learned from it ,then that is what counts.
I supppose you are going to come forward and tell everyone on this site that you have never lost any money in your life. Here at T2W, we also think you have a rotten attitude telling someone that you think it is a bad thing he "only lost 4", and that using a term that a woman uses to clean herself to further denegrade that one.
Also, when you buy a course, there is no contract.
Now maybe you would like to join in the conversation instead of just spreading a bunch of dirt around.

sucks you only lost 4, by the way..didnt you sign a contract saying that all sales are final, i hope you get wehat u deserve u douche

here's a 'secret' that will save everyone a lot of money, hassle and heartache.

Anyone selling anything to do with the markets that mentions the word 'secret' as in 'the secrets the pros don't want you to know' or 'a little know trading secret has been revealed' then it's odds-on you're buying some worthless crap.

hey anley...how many times dfoes fox, bloomberg, and cnbc call you to ask your opinion on the markets?....lets see.....neeevvver!!!!
You know why? Cuase you and every other idiot here doesnt know their as* from their face..larry is on tv 2-3 times a week, not once or twice but every week, dude you guys are sooo dumb, its entertaining to me...hence the reason i registered to let you know how funny these posts are..

Larry has over 9 thousand students....funny how the only 5 or 6 losers that lost money are all here crying to each other...you all get what you put into this trading game, larry is a well known, well respected trader on the floor....can you say the same thing about yourself?

maybe you couldn't read into his post that was a learning experience for him. He lost 4k on it, but if that is all he lost and he learned from it ,then that is what counts.
I supppose you are going to come forward and tell everyone on this site that you have never lost any money in your life. Here at t2w, we also think you have a rotten attitude telling someone that you think it is a bad thing he "only lost 4", and that using a term that a woman uses to clean herself to further denegrade that one.
Also, when you buy a course, there is no contract.
Now maybe you would like to join in the conversation instead of just spreading a bunch of dirt around.

yes i have lost money, but you know what the difference between me and you all is? I take responsibility for my lose you all try blaming everyone other than the real person who messed up, its typical and also the only reason you will neeeeeever succeeed, dead batteries, dead batteries, dead batteries ;)

thank you guys. I was close to losing USD4500.

I made the mistake of signing up and paying 4000.00. I was assured by the salesman that I would be able to follow the trade directives in the room given by the moderator Dan. He even allowed me to spend time in the room prior to buying in. I saw what I thought were "live trades"...the salesman told me they were trading live not simulating...what he failed to tell me was that yes indeed he was trading live for his own account and Larry's account and his 3rd priority was the room sim account. I wanted out after the first week when I realized that, A. on his biggest winners he gave very little notification if any that he was in the trade and in order to catch it you were looking at major slippage. But these results would always be posted at the end of the trading day as realized results. B. If the trade went against him he would try to bid a limit order to "break even" and get filled while you are trading for real and trying to get filled "break even" and before you know it you get stopped out and lose 1.25 on 2 to 3 contracts. Again, does this loss show up in their results? Nope. He got out on simulation...you didn't. I think there are benefits to their trading strategy. I am a seasoned trader. They base their system on the Turtles trading system which utilizes Donchian Channel. If you want to learn it read "Way of the Turtle". Here is a link to the original turtles... http://www.tradersnarrative.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Turtle Rules.pdf

Good luck to all..stay away from Secrets of Traders.

Dear "Need-a-Buck"

I know what you mean, why would these people give me something if it's soo valuable. I mean why piddle with chump-change if you've got a the market cornered?

I have been attending another high pressure "Currency Trading Guru" named "Market Trader's Institute". I could feel the pressure with each email, then I bought this guy's book called "The 10 Essentials of Forex Trading" by Jared Martinez. His course is $4,000 or $4,750 if you want a free laptop with it. (If that sounds like a joke, it's true)

I bought the book and it is very good, you may be able to pick it up on Amazon for a lot less than the $39 sticker price and it is very good. I don't know about his course, I ain't going there.

But consider this; at one of his Webinars I noticed there we're 33 people attending. Figure if he only sells half of them that's $64,000, now we're talking some money. And now the mystery is solved, why would someone sell the Holy Grail of Geese that lay golden eggs? Cause there's gold in them thar Hillbillies.

I'm not saying it ain't worth it, I'm just saying "That's why they'd sell it". At the rate I'm going, it'll be a long time before I clear $64 G's.

I attended the course and if you want to know some objective comments and are interested in the course manual, please contact me.

Let me preface this message by establishing my identity. I am the acting Marketing Manager at Trading Advantage, and after thoroughly scanning this forum, I would like the opportunity to articulate my thoughts on this matter. This is in no way, shape, or form a sales pitch. My goal is to set the record straight regarding the issues you guys have identified.

To anyone that claims we are a scam, I can assure you with 100% confidence that we most certainly are not. Trading Advantage’s clean record with the NFA and CFTC and Trading Advantage’s outstanding BBB rating should make that obvious.

I am an aspiring futures, options, and commodities trader myself. The most important thing I have taken from my education is to stay far away from real money until I have minimized my personal risk. I spend at least two hours a day studying the material to better my knowledge as an aspiring futures trader. I feel it is imperative to become an expert on the subject before I submit my personal capital against the volatility of the market.

A major issue I have seen with numerous traders (whether they are veteran traders or brand new traders) is that they do not possess the patience or discipline to correctly educate themselves on what it takes to become a successful trader. Patience and discipline are absolute necessities in order to minimize one’s risk before entering the market and putting their money against the market.

Ergo, due to their unwillingness to derive the patience and persistence necessary to educate themselves, they lose their capital investments before they even have a chance to partake in the academic process to the fullest extent.

Trading Advantage is a futures education firm. In no way do we guarantee your success. Our goal is to teach you proven techniques that will help you to take higher percentage trades, so long as your emotions are under control. Even if a student educates his/herself to the fullest degree, the market is EXTREMELY volatile, and anything can happen. Therefore, nothing is a guarantee.

It is up to the student to follow through with the education we are providing them, so that they may be able to minimize their risk in this extremely volatile market. It makes us exceedingly happy to see our students succeed. Those that follow the process to which it has been prescribed have a much higher chance of succeeding than a student who opts to skip the process and dump their money straight into the market.

In my opinion, minimizing your risk is substantially more important than maximizing your gain. As an aspiring trader working with real capital, you have to become an expert with all of the material before you put real-money into the market. Not only do you have to become an expert with the material (indicators, charts, platforms, software), but you have to become an emotion-free, stone-cold machine in order to successfully trade in the futures market.

Becoming an expert with the techniques and mastering your emotions (as well as being able to apply them in conjunction with each other) takes time, effort, energy, patience, and discipline. Just to reiterate, as this is an extremely important point for anyone that considers Trading Advantage a “scam,” those that choose to put the work in have a considerably higher chance of becoming a successful futures trader as opposed to someone who decides to skim the materials and skip the education we are providing.

Instead of talking about these issues on a public forum, I would like to welcome anyone to email me at [email protected] or call the office at 888-755-3846 with any questions. If it is an inquiry I cannot answer, I promise I will forward you to the correct contact.

"This is in no way, shape, or form a sales pitch."

You're right about that, because a sales pitch would have actually responded to the complaints and concerns about Traders' Advantage instead of merely spouting some truisms about how to be a successful trader.
I'm sure people would like to know whether you include the cost of commissions in your final results. If not, please direct us to a broker that does NOT charge commissions! Also, do your instructors do sim trading or live trading? All that you did was try to shift the blame to the traders who complain about your service.

I did this program for 1 year, needless to say that 12 months later and $6600.00 poorer it did not fit my trading style (my style is anything that is not the ES). Don't pay to find out how to play (anyone). I did not become profitable until I found my own way.

Why do you give only a half day or 1 day maximum trial to the trade room ? Your course is exceptionally expensive, how can someone be expected to make a call to the tune of 5000$+, with such a short trial run ?

If you feel you would need more of an introduction before making a decision, I would be happy to accommodate you. Please E-Mail me if you are interested.

"This is in no way, shape, or form a sales pitch."

You're right about that, because a sales pitch would have actually responded to the complaints and concerns about Traders' Advantage instead of merely spouting some truisms about how to be a successful trader.
I'm sure people would like to know whether you include the cost of commissions in your final results. If not, please direct us to a broker that does NOT charge commissions! Also, do your instructors do sim trading or live trading? All that you did was try to shift the blame to the traders who complain about your service.

I have invited anyone and everyone who has a concern to speak with me or the appropriate party at the office personally, as opposed to an online forum. You are welcome to do so as well.

I have invited anyone and everyone who has a concern to speak with me or the appropriate party at the office personally, as opposed to an online forum. You are welcome to do so as well.

Why do you oppose an online forum as if what you do is that good this is free
advertising and can only get you more business. :confused:

"On Oct. 26, 2010, after a very coercive phone call, from a Trading Advantage Sales Rep, I completed a purchase agreement for a trading program having to do primarily with the futures markets. The respective course materials were received promptly within a day or two. I perused the manuals over the following week and was not satisfied with what I had seen. Most specifically, a section of the course material depicted very significant content (graphic market profiles) printed so small it was virtually impossible to read with my normal reading glasses. Not acceptable. After the week had passed, I had received nothing by email to confirm my enrollment; commencement date; receipt of my funds paid ($2600); invoice for balance owing ($900); website info; course schedule; etc. There had been no follow-up support what-so-ever, so I decided to contact Customer Support. The call was made during business hours and I was directed to voicemail. I left a message that I had made a decision to not commence with the program, return the course materials and requested a refund. I sent a prompt follow-up email to their billing rep, to so advise. Emails have been submitted to Trading Advantage, concisely outlining my objections and intentions, yet now, three months later, response has been minimal and I have still not seen any serious effort to resolve. I have still not received any typical follow-up correspondence. I have checked the Tracking Number for the returned package and discovered, that on Nov. 11 it was "refused by recipient. Item being returned to sender" (me). I conveyed that status to the sales rep by email. At no time have I been advised by Trading Advantage that my package would not be, nor, had not been, accepted. As of this writing, I have not yet received the returned package nor have I yet received any express indication of intent to refund my money, or not. The Trading Advantage approach, it would seem, is to keep my money, ignore this issue and presume it will go away. As far as I am concerned, however, their silence is, at the very least, frustrating and their conduct has exemplified substandard business practice.
I have been advised a final notice deadline from the Better Business Bureau has passed without response and so it would appear that, Traders Advantage has chose to ignore them as well.
Looks like I'm S.O.L. and ripped for a $2600 lesson.
Beware!!!"

I lost 4k on his idiot course, I have to admit that I'm a stupid fool . I gave up on the third video session, I hope they all go to the hole sooner than later flush all of them dwn Lake Michigan.. I rtn their course , but refuse to accept. Lost big TIME

Pass the word -- Thanks

Wow, it sounds like you really gave them a chance! When I was in college people would have thought I was a loser if I went to three classes and quit! How could you ever sense the value after three classes? Did you not like the orientation class?

Trading advantage has very knowledgeable people that trade for a living and they will spend time with you so you can understand all the different trades.There is alot to learn but if you are dedicated to learn this they will teach you what you need to succeed.If it was easy then everyone could do this on there own.

I've been through the program at Trading Advantage. As noted by other posters, the sales pressure can be a bit high, but the methods I've learned have been great.
It ain't easy and it took me about 6 months to really start to "get it" but I've been able to earn a pretty good living trading the ES since then.
The point is not to follow the trades in the trading room, but to learn the methods those trades are based on and trade yourself. In fact I have not taken a trading room trade call in over a year and a half, but I use the same methods to make my own trading decisions. In fact, I could probably not log on to the TA trading room again and do very well. Most of the people there are very nice and funny, and keeps me from being alone at my desk.

Yah, 6500 bucks is a lot of money to plonk down but for me it has really paid off. Based on my experience I can recommend it.

I don't work for them BTW.

I am one of those lucky people who have had a chance to try Larry Levin's Secrets of Traders training program. It has made a significant and positive impact on my approach to the trading of futures contracts. Over the last three months I have had the opportunity to participate in regular nightly educational webcasts and to join on every trading day the very active and interesting daily "virtual trading room" in which live trades are cast by a moderator well versed in Mr. Levin's methods of trading. The foundation of Larry's trading philosophy reflects his own lifetime experience with trading basics that, though trial and effort, have resulted in a bevy of special techniques that have served him well. He has now passed these ideas along to the next generation of traders, and I should add that these ideas are not simply the basics but include methods that I had not encountered before, such as "reading the tape", a very clever way to support or redirect a trade decision at the moment of truth. Most importantly to me, Larry's able staff apply The Secrets of Traders on every trading day under the questioning scrutiny of those enrolled in his program, putting real dollars at risk on the trading table time and time again, with outstanding positive results that are posted daily at Larry's website. There cannot be a more positive accolade for a trading program. Experienced as well as newbie traders will benefit from this program.
Frank Ryan

As new subscribers to Larry Levin's "Trading Advantage" "Secrets of Traders", my wife Christine, and I, have enjoyed the excellent training provided by Larry, Dan O'Brian and Patrick each day. We are having a great time in the VTR, "virtual trading room" in which live trades are cast Dan O'Brian.
We are newbies to Larrys program, but find great value in the software, training and the excellent tools available. We have tried several other programs, but feel Larry's offers us what we have been looking for in others, trading with pros.
Experienced as well as newbie traders will benefit from this program.
Rob and Christine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.