Larry Levin Secrets of Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Newbie

I am also a Newbie and have a question for you - you say that you are very pleased with your results so far from being mentored by Larry Levin... What does this mean? How much money have you made - per day/per week/per mo? If you prefer not too say, I completely understand - perhaps you can provide a %return...

I am skeptical of his training program and shelling out $5k is such an enormous amount that I can not really afford at this point but if he is for real then I would consider exploring it more...

Thanks in advance for any information that you are able to provide.

Scar

Hi everyone,
I actually made this user acct because I did read these forums and your opinions before I went with Larry. I noticed a few asked if anyone has gone through it and since I have I'm responding :)
I have been in his mentorship program for almost 2 months, including the first month of my classes i went through, and I have had a great experience so far. I didn't even know what the "es" was when i first got the call, and now I am a decent student of his. my goal is only 3 points a day (one contract), but i have hit that goal more often than not. I was using a simulated trading platform when i started (trademaven) and i practiced for 1 month, just started trading my $7,000 i had my 2nd month (which Larry actually didn't like he wanted me to use the simulated platform for 6 weeks so i got it down pat) ago and I am VERY pleased with the returns so far... I am defiantly improving and am very satisfied with everything Larry sent to me in the mail and taught me. The only fault that i see in the program is that in the general chat everyone can talk about anything and sometimes it gets a little distracting, especially when im trying to see what the trader is telling me to do. I guess anyone should expect that in any trading room though... but besides that i love it. if i have a question i can ask in general chat which is typically followed by a flurry of responses from older students or Larry's partner Dan. My other trading (stock options) is actually improving as well since I have learned how to make a correct trading plan and with proper discipline/emotion control. i am very happy and even gave him a testimonial to use on his website.

to respond to the sale- IT WAS a hard sale, however I can understand why they need to be a little "pushy" and not let you hang up, think about it guys - There are TONS of options out there for people to chose from to trade, so if you worked for Larry wouldn't YOU fight for that sale just the same way? enough about that. WHO CARES if the guy has people put some HIGH pressure on prospects, just because it's high pressure or seems like a "used car lot" DOESN'T mean Larry's mentorship is bull**** or doesn't work. The person that helped me showed me his personal trading statements (recent) and Larry still is an active trader/educator and as we all know that is hard to find. Most people that teach trading, teach because they cant trade now so all they have left is to teach.... If you get your panties in a bunch because some sales guy on the other end of the line is "pressuring" you to pick Larry's mentorship, you shouldn't be trading in my opinion. There nice people and if i was in their shoes i would pressure you the SAME way, especially now that I see some returns.
Thanks and I hope this gives you some kind of insight on Larry's program.
-Henry

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that the only mentors worth having/meeting (on or offline) are code junkies who give away their EA code to use on Metatrader, and most of these guys share for nothing.

In fact the only class or seminar I'd ever go/have attended would be one in which someone would 'code my charts' for me....and all they charge would be a chocolate muffin and an espresso...;)

If you're a hard core technicals trader (not obsessed with Price Action) then following a mentor is a total waste of your time.

Black Swan

Thank you for your response. I am new to trading, excited to learn as much as I can on my own but I am finding it challenging when I do not have contacts for support - in terms of knowledge, ideas, do's/don'ts etc., hence my inquiry for mentorship.

If you're a hard core technicals trader (not obsessed with Price Action) then following a mentor is a total waste of your time.

This is not the case with Grey1 in my view.

Paul

Thank you for sharing any experiences with Larry Levin. All the comments are helpful.

I've just had a bad experience w/them, high pressure, take no for answer and a lie. I'v just fisnished writing detail of my experience but scrathced out thinking they may find my message and sue me and I have to spend ton of money to defend myself.

All I can say is that there was a lot of sales pitch, one can follow the pit trader exactly and expect to make anywhere from $5000 to $12000 /mo. This 85 yr old lady's making a killing, (how much, I don't know).

Thank you for that reply.

When I took the trial, I had a bit of difficulty following the official trader in the room. There were trades where they were executed by the room's official trader, then communicated to the room too late for anyone else to enter/exit where they did. Did this happen with you?

Larry Levin - Legit trader. Douchebag sales staff. Same for Richard Regan (another former CME floor trader/mentor with similar setup) ...

My advice fwiw,

Solicit a mentor, not the other way around. Research and find someone you'd like to emulate. The gurus do not climb down from their peaks for mere mortals. You must climb some mountains first, endure some hardships. Show that you are worthy of their attention. It takes more than a check for a few bucks to gain the attention of a real trading guru.

A true mentor will want you to put your starting capital into your account, not in their pocket.

imho.

I am recieving Larry's daily e-mails. In one of his e-mails he described his one time
framing technique using 30 minute bar charts as a trend indicator. It appears that
the one time framing technique is the basis of his trading methodogy as that the
rest of his course is just an add on to time framing."my best guess"

Since I do not have old data available to me for the purpose of validating this method
I am curious if anyone has expeirence trading the 30 minute method as a stand alone
trading technique over time?

TIA,

Wistundra

Wanted to see if anyone was using or has used Larry Levin (former floor trader at the CME). I bought his book How I made $1,900,386.82 a while back and it is decent. Prolly need to reread it to get a better feel for it all. I ignore most of the email solicitations I get from his site as there is just to much to read and everything can't be "that" important.

So yesterday I get a call which I happened to be home so I answered, and it was someone from his sales crew selling mentorships. It's 4 weeks 1 hour daily web cast, archived if you miss it (M-Th) and Friday you are in the trading room where they feed you trades. $1500 for a stack of reading material and the web stuff.

1) I don't like the idea of being fed trades as I want to be able to see them for myself and act upon it.

2) I really don't want another thing to read that will teach me to be a great trader.

3) Has anyone else done this course? I don't mind paying for services but I prefer ones with warranty's or $$ back if... and I'd prefer not to get a refresher education for $1500 when I could drop that $1500 on a cruise instead...

thoughts?

Perhaps might be too late,, I signed up and attend their first three days, I told thta their course was all garbage, I tried sending the course back but they refuse to sign for the rtn pkg, bottom linne is they took my 4000 dls and and i have nothing to show for it..
BAD BAD DEAALS - I had no cooperatioN from his so calles stAFF OF EXPERTS..

yOU may fwd this to anyone .. I'm very unhappy $ 4000 any nothing to gain... pls help and pass on ,, this people should not be in this kind of business.. They promote theur instructions on the popularity of the name Larry levin .. I wish they all new what hew is all about..

Sorry, I just signed on the blog and unable to help you out , if you did sign up for the SOT and happy than disregard my comments if you also find yourself with similar issues let me know and let all know..

Juan '

Last edited:
If I got a call like that, I would have hung up within 6 seconds.
Anyone calling you with a way to make money, and wants to charge you for that is completely full of ****.
The high pressure pitch means he is a complete fraud.

I lost 4k on his idiot course, I have to admit that I'm a stupid fool . I gave up on the third video session, I hope they all go to the hole sooner than later flush all of them dwn Lake Michigan.. I rtn their course , but refuse to accept. Lost big TIME

Pass the word -- Thanks

Sorry to hear that Loz. I personally am so frugal, I don't spend money in my dreams. Anything high pressure sales is usually not worth having. Seems like everyone is selling a dream anymore. The crazy thing is I try and look at him with integrity when I see him giving commentary on CNBC in the AM. It can be hard to tell who is friend or foe especially during tough times. Best of luck.

I've been recieving his e-mails too. The real tip off to who or what your dealing with is in the literature. If you read carefully about how he made 1.9 mil you see that he also claims to have traded
over 2,600 contracts a day at times. Now even if he had traded only a third of those contracts on a daily basis and paid retail commisions like the rest of us, he would have barely broke even. Keep in mind floor traders pay very little in commisions.

Perhaps Larry and his salesmen would be better off changing careers and getting into Chicago politics ???

Wanted to see if anyone was using or has used Larry Levin (former floor trader at the CME). I bought his book How I made $1,900,386.82 a while back and it is decent. Prolly need to reread it to get a better feel for it all. I ignore most of the email solicitations I get from his site as there is just to much to read and everything can't be "that" important.

I lost 4k on his idiot course, I have to admit that I'm a stupid fool . I gave up on the third video session, I hope they all go to the hole sooner than later flush all of them dwn Lake Michigan.. I rtn their course , but refuse to accept. Lost big TIME

Pass the word -- Thanks

What made you bail after 3 sessions ? How many additional sessions were there after that ?

What made you bail after 3 sessions ? How many additional sessions were there after that ?

20 sessions M-Th videos , Fri in Chart Rm
the vide sessions are i hr, they talks , but most of the time is canned video interviews..

You dont ask questions, until the 1 hr talk and bvideo is over.

I was turned off long before the start of the class , they dont respond to emails
I ask for theri trng syllabus for each day, They sent my a syllabus for the entire session.

I waqnted to structure my time

They sent you the pkg with tree books, which could be condensed int one..

They also send a t shirt , ball cap , pen and included is a paperback "psycho cybernatics"

It is not worth it , not even twenty bucks,,

Better off looking for some one the guaRANTEES SATISFACTION OR YOUR MONEY BACK

THEY PROMOTE HIS NAME TO SELL THE TRNG MATERIAL, "HE IS ON THE PITS AND TRADES ALL DAY;;; PURE TRASH ALL OF THEM,,, STAY AWAY DONT ANSWER THEIR CALLS

PASS THE WORD AROUND

i JUST GAVE UP,, LET THEM KEEP MY 4000 DLS, IT HURTS, RATHER BITE THE BULLET AND GET ON WITH ANOTHER TRNG WITH SOMEONE THAT GIVES SOME WARRANTY FOR SATISFACTION.

http://www.danielstrading.com/platforms/pro/video-tutorials.php TALK TO SCOTT HOFFMAN, THEY OFFER FREE TRADE PLATFORM AND ACCES TO THEIR TRADING RM AT NO COST, iI have not chk their trading course, but might be a start. also check

also chk with [email protected] Nick Austin. so far no pressure and seems like they are genuine and sincere.

Sorry I had to open up, but honestly best advice is don;t go to them, they will come to you just have to sort out and continue asking questions..

I looked at secret of Traders, honestly I could do better giving the training. stay in touch if you have further questions.

But they sell their pkgbecause of the name , they guy goes on tv financials in the morning and talks about the SP500, but stay away.

20 sessions M-Th videos , Fri in Chart Rm
the vide sessions are i hr, they talks , but most of the time is canned video interviews..

You dont ask questions, until the 1 hr talk and bvideo is over.

I was turned off long before the start of the class , they dont respond to emails
I ask for theri trng syllabus for each day, They sent my a syllabus for the entire session.

I waqnted to structure my time

They sent you the pkg with tree books, which could be condensed int one..

They also send a t shirt , ball cap , pen and included is a paperback "psycho cybernatics"

It is not worth it , not even twenty bucks,,

Better off looking for some one the guaRANTEES SATISFACTION OR YOUR MONEY BACK

THEY PROMOTE HIS NAME TO SELL THE TRNG MATERIAL, "HE IS ON THE PITS AND TRADES ALL DAY;;; PURE TRASH ALL OF THEM,,, STAY AWAY DONT ANSWER THEIR CALLS

PASS THE WORD AROUND

i JUST GAVE UP,, LET THEM KEEP MY 4000 DLS, IT HURTS, RATHER BITE THE BULLET AND GET ON WITH ANOTHER TRNG WITH SOMEONE THAT GIVES SOME WARRANTY FOR SATISFACTION.

http://www.danielstrading.com/platforms/pro/video-tutorials.php TALK TO SCOTT HOFFMAN, THEY OFFER FREE TRADE PLATFORM AND ACCES TO THEIR TRADING RM AT NO COST, iI have not chk their trading course, but might be a start. also check

also chk with [email protected] Nick Austin. so far no pressure and seems like they are genuine and sincere.

Sorry I had to open up, but honestly best advice is don;t go to them, they will come to you just have to sort out and continue asking questions..

I looked at secret of Traders, honestly I could do better giving the training. stay in touch if you have further questions.

But they sell their pkgbecause of the name , they guy goes on tv financials in the morning and talks about the SP500, but stay away.

I made the mistake of signing up and paying 4000.00. I was assured by the salesman that I would be able to follow the trade directives in the room given by the moderator Dan. He even allowed me to spend time in the room prior to buying in. I saw what I thought were "live trades"...the salesman told me they were trading live not simulating...what he failed to tell me was that yes indeed he was trading live for his own account and Larry's account and his 3rd priority was the room sim account. I wanted out after the first week when I realized that, A. on his biggest winners he gave very little notification if any that he was in the trade and in order to catch it you were looking at major slippage. But these results would always be posted at the end of the trading day as realized results. B. If the trade went against him he would try to bid a limit order to "break even" and get filled while you are trading for real and trying to get filled "break even" and before you know it you get stopped out and lose 1.25 on 2 to 3 contracts. Again, does this loss show up in their results? Nope. He got out on simulation...you didn't. I think there are benefits to their trading strategy. I am a seasoned trader. They base their system on the Turtles trading system which utilizes Donchian Channel. If you want to learn it read "Way of the Turtle". Here is a link to the original turtles... http://www.tradersnarrative.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Turtle Rules.pdf

Good luck to all..stay away from Secrets of Traders.

Thanks, good that the word is out on "SECRET OF TRADERS" thats right that is proper name for them.
really secretive about the way they do business.. Honestly, there is no way that they are to help, they are out to take your money when your at the lowest point in learning.. TO ALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ACCEPT THERE MATERIAL OR SIGN ANYTHING,,, TAKE MY WARNING.. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, CONTACT ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU TWO CONTACTS THAT I THINK ARE NO PRESSURE AND THEY LET YOU USE THEIR CHART ROOM AT NO COST PROVIDE YOU OPEN AN ACCT. FRREE PLATFORM ALSO.. i still need to devote more tine in spreading the word and will sign up for all forums to spread my msg. HELP ME OUT BY STAYING AWAY AND DISSEMINATING MY COMMENTS.. THANKS THANKS THANKS.... BEST OF TRADING TO ALL,, REMEBER TO TRADING COURSE IS WORTH MORE THAN 1000 DLS PERHAPS LESS... I LOST 4000 DLS WOW, BUT I WILL LET THE TRADING WORLD KNOW ABOUT MY SITUATION.. NO HATE OR ANIMSITY, JUST POSTING MY FRUSTRATION, AND HOPE THOIS HELPS YOU AVOID PROBLEMS... WE DON'T NEED DISHONESTY WHEN TRYING TO GET HELP.... BLESS ALL YOU TRADERS , LETS COME TOGETHER..

Thanks, good that the word is out on "SECRET OF TRADERS" thats right that is proper name for them.
really secretive about the way they do business.. Honestly, there is no way that they are to help, they are out to take your money when your at the lowest point in learning.. TO ALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ACCEPT THERE MATERIAL OR SIGN ANYTHING,,, TAKE MY WARNING.. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, CONTACT ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU TWO CONTACTS THAT I THINK ARE NO PRESSURE AND THEY LET YOU USE THEIR CHART ROOM AT NO COST PROVIDE YOU OPEN AN ACCT. FRREE PLATFORM ALSO.. i still need to devote more tine in spreading the word and will sign up for all forums to spread my msg. HELP ME OUT BY STAYING AWAY AND DISSEMINATING MY COMMENTS.. THANKS THANKS THANKS.... BEST OF TRADING TO ALL,, REMEBER TO TRADING COURSE IS WORTH MORE THAN 1000 DLS PERHAPS LESS... I LOST 4000 DLS WOW, BUT I WILL LET THE TRADING WORLD KNOW ABOUT MY SITUATION.. NO HATE OR ANIMSITY, JUST POSTING MY FRUSTRATION, AND HOPE THOIS HELPS YOU AVOID PROBLEMS... WE DON'T NEED DISHONESTY WHEN TRYING TO GET HELP.... BLESS ALL YOU TRADERS , LETS COME TOGETHER..

Tis indeed a complete RIP OFF at that price.

I did a week or so demo with them last Summer. Before that summer period you could have got the complete course and a few months in the (VTR) trade room for 2000$ (1800 I think it was on "special"). Then they decided to double the price for Summer just as I did my demo. Luckily I saw through it and didn´t pay them a penny, and I was actually lucky enough to lay my hands on the complete course that they charge 5k (LOL) for...

I think for a noobie and the original price of 2k it is possibly worthwhile, as they do teach from scratch the fundamentals of trading and some sound basic strats like one time framing, value area etc. If you were to start with nothing, you want an environment to learn in from scratch (and I liked Dan I have to say, but the salesmen are terribly pressuring you all the time) then it could be said that it is a reasonable, but expensive option to get a few months of intense training.

However, at 4k (it was 5k when I got an email last a few month ago) it is a complete joke - Don´t touch it with a barge pole. For me it would not have even been worth the 2k as I was already well on the ladder at that point, it must be a right downer to have paid 4k and up for it - It is a shame this sort of thing is allowed to happen - perhaps more Forum Threads like this will help. :clap:

Got a call from one of Larry's sales guys today. Sounds like the guy didn't know **** about trading, and he wanted 9 grande for the program!!!! U believe that???
There making 6-9k in the program, so why the hell r u selling this to me? Put the phone down, and get your ass in there!!

Got a call from one of Larry's sales guys today. Sounds like the guy didn't know **** about trading, and he wanted 9 grande for the program!!!! U believe that???
There making 6-9k in the program, so why the hell r u selling this to me? Put the phone down, and get your ass in there!!

9k. Thats ludicrous. Did it include 50 years in the VTR ? (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.