Larry Levin Secrets of Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
From What he told me. 9k gets u the books, 1 month in the classroom, and 5 months on the trading floor, and listen to this: "if I take that price right now he'll even throw in 1 free month!! But u have to hurry because the price is going up to 9500 by tomorrow" haha, I said I'll think about it over the weekend.
He comes back and says " OK, look. There's only 2 spots left in the class, and these guys r coming to work tomorrow so they are for sure going to fill those 2 spots. I can lock u in that this price if u put down 1000 right now!!"
I said "thats OK I'm just going to do a little research" and then I ended up here. Thanks guys

Unreal. thats the same package they were trying to sell to me for 5k last summer, and 2k earlier in 2009. What a crock of s_-t.

Keep away.

Unreal. thats the same package they were trying to sell to me for 5k last summer, and 2k earlier in 2009. What a crock of s_-t.

Keep away.

Larry Levin and all there bulls**t aside, what do u guys think of trading futures? Is it a place worth putting 100% of your effort in? Better then OTC and Pink Sheet?

LARRY LEVIN "SECRET OF TRADERS" TRADING COURSE IS NOT WORTHY OF A 10 DLS, SECONDLY
THE WORST PART IS THEIR DECEPTIVE TECHNIQUES. THEY ARE FRIENDLY WHEN THEY TRY TO SELL
YOU THE PACKAGE. DON'T BE HOODWINKED. IF THEY EVER CALL YOU ASK FOR A WRITTEN GUARANTY THAT YOU CAN RETURN THE MATERIAL IF DISATIFIED AT ANY TIME 30 DAYS AFTER COMPLETION OF THEIR COURSE AND THAT YOU CAN CANCEL AT ANYTIME DURING THE TRAING....

I GAVE UP AFTER THREE SESSIONS, ACTUALLY I GAVE UP AFTER I SAW THEIR MATERIAL DELIVERED AT MY HOUSE. DON'T BE STUPID, DON'T GET SUCKERED IN, DON'T LISTEN TO THEIR DECEPTIVE TRASH, DON'T BE GULLIBLE,

TRULY BEST ADVICE IS STAY AWAY FROM THEM - THEIR MKT TECHNIQUE IS THEY SAY 9 K AND THEN THEY SWITCH NO ITS ONLY 7 K AND THEY KEEP DROPPING TPO 5 K.

I LOST THAT MONEY-- LEARN FROM THE VARIOUS WEBSITES WEBINARS, LEARN WHO IS DISHONEST, HIGH PRESSURE.

THE HONEST FOLKS WILL SURFACE.. IF YOU KNOW OF ANY DECEPTIVE WEBSITES PROMOTING THEIR TRASH, MAKE SURE YOU TELL OTHERS...

I WISH SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME ABOUT THEM, SOMEHOW THEY GOT MY EMAIL AND THEY Called...

be careful ---Secret of Trades is a deceptive, instituition that thrieves on the misinformed.
I'm trying to get the AG in Illinois and Ca to investigate and make all those XXXXX become regulated.

No warranty no buy is my new policy that I have to follow, protect yourself

do a search on LARRY Levin here on the forum,

**** Loz, sorry to hear about your loss dude.
Well, I'll be getting a sales call on Monday for them to close me on the 9k. I'll pat him on the back a little bit at first and ask him if he's the best sales-guy in the office. After me fueling up his ego, he will then change speed to drop the $9000 pitch. At that point I'll take back everything nice I said about him earlier, and break down each of the emmotions that he tried to stir up in me in order to close the sale. The 2 main ones being "fear" and "greed" and tell him that neither of those emmotions apply to me, and tell him why his managers, tell him to use those pitches. (take him back to school) I will conclude the speech with "That type of sales worked really well in the 90's, but it's just out-dated now."
He will try and take control one more time, with no power left in his voice...That's when I will shut him down for the final time during the call, which I will have to figure out on the spot. He will then hang up his phone, and take an early lunch....possibly even go home for the day.
When he gets home, he will hope that his wife has been cleaning, and baking all day......she's done neither, and not expecting him to be home so early, she will be rolling around on there queen size bed with one of there neigbours. When he discovers what has happened his wife won't try and deny anything, she's done with sales herself. So she tells him, that he's just too boring for her, and he's got no balls, and far to small of a *****.
After that he will probably drink away his savings account, and hang himself by the end of the week, leaving Larry Levin scratching his head and trying to fill the empty sales desk.

Wow! I'm really surprised to read so much bad stuff about LOT from all of you. I don't doubt for a minute that any of you are disgruntled or had a bad experience, but it is totally different from mine. I had studied technical anyalysis for over 8 years. Even helped teach a course in TA through a local community college. Thought I knew all there was. Funded my account initially with $12,500 and lost it all. Re-funded again and did the same. Sat in with various chat rooms across the country. Read all the major books. Got an e-mail from these guys and sat in their trading room one day. It is the only place I've ever visited where the main moderator called his trades up front BEFORE he made them and explained why he was making the trade. # of contracts, entry, tgt, and stop/loss. For better or for worse there it was. I've never seen anything like that before. Plus, you could see their daily trades place on a spreadsheet. I use E-Sig**l for my trading platform so I actually went back and reviewed those entries. I was broke but belived that this was legit and I wanted to try so I put their course and time on a credit card to give it a try. Loved it. Made sense to me. No, I don't use every method they teach. As a matter of fact I only put on one type of trade out of about 5 thaty they have, but for the 1st time I started winning consistently. My mentor answered any and all questions I ever had. In an overnight session, the moderator called me personally and woke me up at 5:30 in the morning one day to get me out of a trade he knew I had put in earlier in the evening because he knew I would be up in the account and wanted me out because he saw a reversal forming. When my full time job was about to run out and I thought I needed to go full time trading but was scared I asked my mentor for his advice. He had Larry Levin....the president of the company himself call and talk to me. He spoke to me like I was his own son and walked me through exactly what I needed to do. I've never been treated this way by any corporation in America. I think these guys are great and worth every penny to a serious trader.

As the Directing Manager of Larry Levin’s Trading Advantage, I would like the chance to voice my opinion on this thread.

Trading futures is a very difficult thing to do and along with it comes an extremely high level of risk. On the other hand, that same risk is what gives traders the opportunity for substantial gains. As we all know, the monetary gains are what attract traders in the first place.

In order to be successful, it takes an extreme amount of preparation, practice, and patience. Unfortunately, every person who ventures into the markets will not succeed. There are many reasons for failure. Some traders just aren’t willing to put in the work to study the market and train themselves properly. Other traders don’t have what it takes mentally and emotionally to endure what the market will throw at them.

Trading Advantage never makes any claims of guaranteed success. Instead we claim to teach solid strategies and proven techniques to greatly increase your chances of profitability. We have taught thousands of students and have seen many success stories. Out of these success stories one theme always rings true; hard work, persistence, and a will to succeed. If a student does not implement those three things, they most definitely will not do well. Our course teaches fundamentals that are built on tried and true trading philosophies that have been used since the beginning of trading itself. Our trading philosophy is spelled out in an easy to learn format and our instructors are always available to students who need additional help. The only thing that we don’t do is actually click the mouse for students, so the rest is in the hands of the trader.

We do everything in our power to help students prevent losses in the market. It never makes us happy to see one of our students lose money. However makes us even more dissatisfied to be accused of being fraudulent. Although there are many corrupt trading courses selling snake oil, we simply are not one of them. Our outstanding reputation, our overall customer satisfaction, and exceptional Better Business Bureau rating should speak for themselves. I hope those of you who read this thread look at the big picture and realize that out of the thousands of students we have served, these few seem to be the only ones who have had a bad experience with us. I would chalk that up as an overall success.

I welcome any of your questions or concerns and would be happy to show you first hand what we do here at Trading Advantage. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at [email protected] or call our office any time at 888-755-3846. This is especially for those of you who were unhappy with your experience at TA. I welcome you to contact me & we can work towards finding a solution for you, instead of arguing (and getting nowhere) via a public forum.

As the Directing Manager of Larry Levin’s Trading Advantage, I would like the chance to voice my opinion on this thread.

Trading futures is a very difficult thing to do and along with it comes an extremely high level of risk. On the other hand, that same risk is what gives traders the opportunity for substantial gains. As we all know, the monetary gains are what attract traders in the first place.

In order to be successful, it takes an extreme amount of preparation, practice, and patience. Unfortunately, every person who ventures into the markets will not succeed. There are many reasons for failure. Some traders just aren’t willing to put in the work to study the market and train themselves properly. Other traders don’t have what it takes mentally and emotionally to endure what the market will throw at them.

Trading Advantage never makes any claims of guaranteed success. Instead we claim to teach solid strategies and proven techniques to greatly increase your chances of profitability. We have taught thousands of students and have seen many success stories. Out of these success stories one theme always rings true; hard work, persistence, and a will to succeed. If a student does not implement those three things, they most definitely will not do well. Our course teaches fundamentals that are built on tried and true trading philosophies that have been used since the beginning of trading itself. Our trading philosophy is spelled out in an easy to learn format and our instructors are always available to students who need additional help. The only thing that we don’t do is actually click the mouse for students, so the rest is in the hands of the trader.

We do everything in our power to help students prevent losses in the market. It never makes us happy to see one of our students lose money. However makes us even more dissatisfied to be accused of being fraudulent. Although there are many corrupt trading courses selling snake oil, we simply are not one of them. Our outstanding reputation, our overall customer satisfaction, and exceptional Better Business Bureau rating should speak for themselves. I hope those of you who read this thread look at the big picture and realize that out of the thousands of students we have served, these few seem to be the only ones who have had a bad experience with us. I would chalk that up as an overall success.

I welcome any of your questions or concerns and would be happy to show you first hand what we do here at Trading Advantage. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at [email protected] or call our office any time at 888-755-3846. This is especially for those of you who were unhappy with your experience at TA. I welcome you to contact me & we can work towards finding a solution for you, instead of arguing (and getting nowhere) via a public forum.

Why do you give only a half day or 1 day maximum trial to the trade room ? Your course is exceptionally expensive, how can someone be expected to make a call to the tune of 5000$+, with such a short trial run ?

How much is the "VTR" per month, once the included time has elapsed ?

Lastly, why on earth has the price risen so much ? Last year before the summer you were doing packages including 2 months in the VTR for less than 2000$. During the Summer last year you put the price up to 5000$. I hear there has been further subsequent price increases.

I mean, lets face it. Dan is a nice guy and all, but the amount of trades per point gained is rather poor, and that at Dans pace. Someone following can expect to lag behind and with the scalpy nature of your trades, can only expect to gain less profit per trade than Dan does. True, a trader should be trading off his own back, and I am sure the VTR is only there to show a recruit trader "how to do it" - "never follow", but the real point here is that the VTR performance is rather poor when you see exactly how many trades there were in total. 2 points in a day is great, 2 points from 10 trades, is not ! (Although, in fairness its better than a loss, and your VTR does seem to keep away from losses too often).

I looked at thier VTR and I thought it looked pretty good. Dan was calling the setups and then the trade entries so everyone could see it forming. I havn't plucked down us$5500 for one month, and probably won't. But i gotta say it is interesting to hear the floor traders.

I did read his book, "how i made $1,xxxxxxxx..." (memorable title that i already forgot), and it wasn't a bad read... just kinda told his story and focused alot on psyco cybernetics and visualization. It's pretty thin otherwise, and I've certainly read much better books for $20.

I did see another L. Levin product called "all the freedom in the world", which was a 90 page PDF, extremely beginner, for us$199. Wow.... maybe we are all in the wrong business! It was so not informative, can't believe anyone would sell such a thing! The free "what are futures?" pamplets from CME have better and more information. Based on that i'm extremely gun shy to hand over any cash to L. Levin.

I looked at thier VTR and I thought it looked pretty good. Dan was calling the setups and then the trade entries so everyone could see it forming. I havn't plucked down us$5500 for one month, and probably won't. But i gotta say it is interesting to hear the floor traders.

I did read his book, "how i made $1,xxxxxxxx..." (memorable title that i already forgot), and it wasn't a bad read... just kinda told his story and focused alot on psyco cybernetics and visualization. It's pretty thin otherwise, and I've certainly read much better books for $20.

I did see another L. Levin product called "all the freedom in the world", which was a 90 page PDF, extremely beginner, for us$199. Wow.... maybe we are all in the wrong business! It was so not informative, can't believe anyone would sell such a thing! The free "what are futures?" pamplets from CME have better and more information. Based on that i'm extremely gun shy to hand over any cash to L. Levin.

If you wanna hear the floor traders then just subscribe to the PitNoise, its 200$ a month and the most beneficial part of the whole thing. You get the volume chart too which is interesting. The rest of the stuff in the VTR is crap and just not worth it, for that much money its not even worth it to a complete newbie.

Just do some research on Engulfments, One Time Framing, The Value Area and the 80% rule and you will be most of the way there.

Seriously man, anyone that spends 5k on this ****, deserves all they get. 500$ - 1k maybe for the fact its all together in one place via their literature and it saves some searching and research - For a newbie anyway. I am glad I had the previews I did before I parted with any money, cause I was lucky to see it for exactly what it is.

OK - screw it - I'll now give you the secret of trading.

When something moves up a lot and falters - short it.

There, I've said it.

I've used Larry Levin's program for about two months, and I agree with some of the previous posters about needing persistence, hard work, and dedication. The strategies are quite solid and they were easy to follow. Larry and his staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I feel that many traders get impatient and want to get rich quickly. Unfortunately, that is not always the case with trading. Frankly, it is rarely the case that a trader makes it big in a short amount of time. It is a painstaking process that again, requires time and dedication. You have to start with no experience and no money, and work from the ground up. Having said that, I have dedicated a substantial amount of time and effort into Larry's program, and I am becoming quite comfortable with the concept.

I saw that Larry Levin's course is being sold on EBAY for five hundred bucks. I would like to know if any of you think that it is worth the cost?

Seems you have a curiosity itch that needs to be scratched.
Go ahead and buy it,you could always resell it on ebay.
Just don't expect to make a profit off the resale.

Can you share with me some of your specific experience. I would like to get some professional trading training but have read nothing but negative reviews.

Is Dan trading live?
Do they really have a company?
Are the numbers they provide actual or simulated profits?
Is this legit?
Did you speak to any traders making real money...consistently?

I know its alot of questions but it would really help.

Thx.

Why do people still perservere with this "dream" even though all the negative feedback is there in front of your face ?

I really don´t understand.

Dan is trading SIM

Yes, they really have a Company. They are without doubt a Pro Organization within the CME building.

Simulated profits.

Its legit yes. But its not worth 5k. Its not even worth 500$ unless you had a month in the trade room included with that, and that would only be if you were a newbie.

What would help would be for you to forget it unless you like flushing your money down the toilet. I could teach you what they do in about 30 mins, or point you to the resources anyway. It really is based on base principles, but simple ones. And I wil guarantee you something else, larry doesnt trade in that way on the "floor"... ROFL, if only.

Can you share with me some of your specific experience. I would like to get some professional trading training but have read nothing but negative reviews.

Is Dan trading live?
Do they really have a company?
Are the numbers they provide actual or simulated profits?
Is this legit?
Did you speak to any traders making real money...consistently?

I know its alot of questions but it would really help.

Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.