Larry Levin Secrets of Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not really difficult to get to grips with one time framing, value area, engulfment candles and donchian channels... is it ?

I've used Larry Levin's program for about two months, and I agree with some of the previous posters about needing persistence, hard work, and dedication. The strategies are quite solid and they were easy to follow. Larry and his staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I feel that many traders get impatient and want to get rich quickly. Unfortunately, that is not always the case with trading. Frankly, it is rarely the case that a trader makes it big in a short amount of time. It is a painstaking process that again, requires time and dedication. You have to start with no experience and no money, and work from the ground up. Having said that, I have dedicated a substantial amount of time and effort into Larry's program, and I am becoming quite comfortable with the concept.

Just get it straight. There are some good principles in it, and the VTR will show you rules and someone trading live in the market via projection etc (albeit in SIM but whatever, all his calls are live) this will benefit someone who has no idea of trading and for a small amount of money that may be worthwhile if you can tap the trade room and learn the concepts. You would not stay in the VTR for longer than a few months because the profitability per trade is pathetic and you would be bored.

PS. Dan is a nice guy, I like him. Paul Hart in the PitNoise Room is a DIAMOND. This is the only worthwhile part really, the order flow and their volume chart "may teach you something".

Find a REAL trade room, there are some around but forget this and go in search of NICHE, you may find what you are looking for if you really look hard enough.

My Take or 2 cents :

Larry made a lot of money scalping trades on the floor.
When the floor volume dried up about all that was left
was electronic trading which is a whole different ball
game.In my opinion Larry Levin got a taste of the big bucks
and doesn't want to give it up.Hence, sell a trading system
to the public using old trading statements where he made
big bucks trading on the floor"History" which has nothing to
do with current trading results.
Ever notice in his advertisements how he only talks about
points made per day or per month ??? Never is it mentioned
what the average # of contracts per trade and an average
profit per trade vs loss ?? Oh, and never have I seen anything
as to commisions.

Do not buy their course, you will be sorry. File a complaint with bbb
he has high pressure sales reps. All that are unhappy have the same complaint, they feel that they were tricked into buying.

I think for 500 bucks it is worth looking in to. Atleast we would get an idea of how the professioonall traders think and what methods they employ or may be miss direct us so that we could trade the opposite. Especially, now we can sym trade.

OK Ben. In which case, save yourself 100$.

Ill sell it you for 400$. How is that ? And I mean it too.

PM me, I will give you the PP account.

PS. I mean the complete official Larry Levin Version too ! ! Not some copy rubbish based on it.

Last edited:
was looking into purchasing, so glad i came across this forum,,,,,,,I did some research and came across which is where he gets most of his trading techniques....check it out...most of what he uses is market delta...footprint charts...one time framing etc....go to marketdeltadotcom. great software real insight to the flow of smart money...take a look at there site....free trial available you wont be disappointed....it is a very in depth program and will require some real learning and understanding.....thanks for reading...tell me what you think

OK Ben. In which case, save yourself 100$.

Ill sell it you for 400$. How is that ? And I mean it too.

PM me, I will give you the PP account.

PS. I mean the complete official Larry Levin Version too ! ! Not some copy rubbish based on it.

LoveToTrade: I missed you by a little. I just bought it of ebay. I hope it works. Thanks for the offer.

Ben

Can you share with me some of your specific experience. I would like to get some professional trading training but have read nothing but negative reviews.

Is Dan trading live?
Do they really have a company?
Are the numbers they provide actual or simulated profits?
Is this legit?
Did you speak to any traders making real money...consistently?

I know its alot of questions but it would really help.

Thx.

There are many legit trade rooms and educators where people teach and trade real money....

Try masterthegap.com
tradethemarkets.com
dtitrader.com

all 3 are good and fair...Dti is quite heavy on the used car sales type of selling but their traderoom has enough decent trades throughout the day and alot of good education. Tom Busby is a great trader, and a never ending human infomercial running 190% all the time...but he teaches so well...it's worth getting through the constant sales pitch...He was smart enough to focus on watching the DAX futures...the greatest indicator available for trading!

Masterthegap is super. Scott Andrews is an excellent gap futures trader and has become a good day trader as well. 1 or 2 high quality trades per day....that's all a professional needs!
tradethemarkets has an unevern traderoom, but tons of good education and methods...

John Carter ( " Mastering The Trade" best trading book written ) Hubert Senters is his partner. Both are fun nice people who love life, love money ( yours) but they give alot back in time and help.

I would like to hear from those who have laid down their money and how they feel now. How long have you been experiencing the Advantage Trading program? How did you find the teaching classes, the instruction, ease of understanding? Are you able to comprehend the strategies and apply them to you own personal plan. Did you spend a full month in the "pretend" trading? What has your "grades" been? How would you rate your experience overall? Thank You!

I would like to hear from those who have laid down their money and how they feel now. How long have you been experiencing the Advantage Trading program? How did you find the teaching classes, the instruction, ease of understanding? Are you able to comprehend the strategies and apply them to you own personal plan. Did you spend a full month in the "pretend" trading? What has your "grades" been? How would you rate your experience overall? Thank You!

I was in it. I put money down. After u come out of larry's trading advantage they should play the clip from "Billy Madison" where he goes "You and everyone in this room is now dumber after going through this program." Dan Rarely makes money in his trades (actually probably 50/50) But the numbers they are posting can't be true. When he does have a winning trade it was by accident and can't be explained technically. The strategies they teach in the classroom are pretty complicated, and Dan doesn't follow them anyways. Patrick who is the night time teacher knows his ****, but only takes a trade once a week or so, but his trades are winners at least 80% of the time.

I was in it. I put money down. After u come out of larry's trading advantage they should play the clip from "Billy Madison" where he goes "You and everyone in this room is now dumber after going through this program." Dan Rarely makes money in his trades (actually probably 50/50) But the numbers they are posting can't be true. When he does have a winning trade it was by accident and can't be explained technically. The strategies they teach in the classroom are pretty complicated, and Dan doesn't follow them anyways. Patrick who is the night time teacher knows his ****, but only takes a trade once a week or so, but his trades are winners at least 80% of the time.

Thank you Ryan! It sounds like your experience was "very unfavourable." I am being quoted a cost of $4,500. to take the 4 month course. I think I will use one of Larry's quotes: "Don't make mistakes." This course sounds like a mistake.
Terry

Here's a 'secret' that will save everyone A LOT of money, hassle and heartache.

Anyone selling anything to do with the markets that mentions the word 'secret' as in 'the secrets the pros don't want you to know' or 'a little know trading secret has been revealed' then it's odds-on you're buying some worthless crap.

Let me 2nd that. Reread it until it sinks in.
FYI, TMacpherson. You asked some vaild questions. I would even ask if anyone is trading 1 year later off the exact methodology they learned in that course. I've been in this business for 6 years. To this day, I do not know one person that paid money for a course, and is trading profitably form what they learned 1 year later. I'm almost positive if that was the case, someone would be quick to jump in here and tell us about it.

Here's a 'secret' that will save everyone A LOT of money, hassle and heartache.

Anyone selling anything to do with the markets that mentions the word 'secret' as in 'the secrets the pros don't want you to know' or 'a little know trading secret has been revealed' then it's odds-on you're buying some worthless crap.

If its a good course they will give u a 1-3 week free trial. Anybody that just says "The guys in there are making a couple grand a day, so what r u waiting for?" Probably no good.

Ryan, I see you are baiting to find a way to be able to trade. Go to the "3 Ducks Trading System" with Captain Currency. He's got a free book on his system. I've heard many good reviews from his thread.
Also, if you are intersted in looking at and studying the ichimoku cloud go to some of the free sites, and read up on it. If you want, click on my thread. I'm very good in using the ichimoku cloud, and I might be bale to teach you some tricks. The information, once again----is free! Another excellent thread is "GBP/USD 123" with Pipmaster. You will have to be patient in watching him. He makes about 3 or 4 trades per month. My buddy Dave at "EUR/USD Elliot Wave" aslo has a good thread. His EW is over my head, but check it out. I never claimed to be the smartest guy in the world, so you might grasp what he is doing real quick. BTW, he is averaging something like 50% per month, maybe more.

If its a good course they will give u a 1-3 week free trial. Anybody that just says "The guys in there are making a couple grand a day, so what r u waiting for?" Probably no good.

Ryan, I see you are baiting to find a way to be able to trade. Go to the "3 Ducks Trading System" with Captain Currency. He's got a free book on his system. I've heard many good reviews from his thread.
Also, if you are intersted in looking at and studying the ichimoku cloud go to some of the free sites, and read up on it. If you want, click on my thread. I'm very good in using the ichimoku cloud, and I might be bale to teach you some tricks. The information, once again----is free! Another excellent thread is "GBP/USD 123" with Pipmaster. You will have to be patient in watching him. He makes about 3 or 4 trades per month. My buddy Dave at "EUR/USD Elliot Wave" aslo has a good thread. His EW is over my head, but check it out. I never claimed to be the smartest guy in the world, so you might grasp what he is doing real quick. BTW, he is averaging something like 50% per month, maybe more.

Thanks pipcounter. I'll check it out (y)

I also created this user account a while back when I was considering taking his course. I will let you all know that I did. The sales guy was pushy but I had phoned them so he already knew he had my interest, I stuck firm on wanting the 3 month program at a 50% discount and it only took several minutes to approve my request. As far as the service goes, it was interesting to see how quick they lock in profits and move stops to break even. This was disapointing because they claim to get there results by using 1 contract but most of the time they are using 3. If you trade a single contract most times you will be stopped out at BE and then the market will take off with out you. The only thing that is for sure is that it hits your 2 point stop more often than you can get a 2 point profit.The other thing that is not accurate is that they do not include commisions in the results so some days that are winners are actually hefty losses due to the number of trades that were taken.They honor thier word for the tuition guarantee, but it is more time spent in the room untill yoou have made the cost of the tuition back and this is on their gross profits not the net profits as mentioned above. I was in the room last winter and ended up being in for an extra six weeks due to the poor results they had. I did not need to spend the time in the room because I was having better results trading on my own in a different market (YM). Yes I did take some usefull stuff away from the course, but most of my success was from all the experience prior to the course (4 years) and it just brought it into perspective that I was able to put some final touches on my strategy and go on my own.I found that when it was all said and done they are very quick to dump you and leave you on your own. I thought that I had built a bit of a friendship with them and said that I would talk to anyone that was considering the course but sitting on the fence. They used me a few times and when I would log into the room after my time had expired to brief the contact person to the phone call and what happened, they did not like that. They actually called me, and told me I had no business in the room anymore, and that it was for students only. This pissed me off, after all I was helping them with a sale, but they seemed to think that I was trying to get free room time I guess.I parted company with them at that moment as it was clear to me that they are not loyal, and have only one thing in mind (looking out for themselves). So to sum it all up, I would have to say that they can offer you something that may help speed up the learning curve but you can for sure get a better price than what they tell you, and just know that when your time is up they will most likely **** you out, or ask for another wad of money to extend your room time.
They do have long stretches of losing days, in fact as I am writing this I think that they have only had 1 or 2 winning days in the last 2 weeks, those days were only 1 or 2 points and some losing days were 7 or more points. Add in all the commisions because of the large number of trades they take and it will take a long time to get your account back to break even. I noticed this quickly when I was with them and got more selective on the trades that I actually take.

The best way as far as I am concerned to learn how to trade is just put the time in, and sooner or later it will pay off. The demo accounts are there for that reason. It took me 5 years to be profitable every day, I still have the odd losing day but they are small in relation to the number of large winning days.

Its all in the numbers my friends.

I hope this helps any of you thinking about taking the course.

Can you make money using the exact methods he teaches I would say NO, you will need to refine it to make it work for you.

Last edited:
LOL, yes. I get his daily emails, and actually enjoyed talking with the sales guy. But I've been seeling since I was 5 so I know you want to make the target I mean customer a friend... and it becomes a lot easier to sell your service to someone you like. The thing that bugs me the most when being sold, "it's only $1500.." If it's only $1500 and that isn't much $$ to you, then give me the damn thing for free. Of course I don't expect it free, but I never stop looking for discounts. ;)

And I agree, why the hard sale. Going back to my previous point, if it isn't that much $$ and you are now my friend, wouldn't you just want to hook me up with that super terrific info that is going to make us all filthy rich? I'm wondering if there wasn't a quota to be met, or some other goal. After I was promised a call back next week, 2 hrs later I got a return call to pitch me. ??

You know what? i wasnt going to respond but i cannot take this any more!!! its so funny how the most UNSUCCESSFUL people, are ALWAYS looking for a handout! why should they give you the course for free?! dude all of you clearly NEVER made any REAL money trading, unlike you all i have made real money, and larry levin has as well. First of all, anyone who is on tv 2, 3, and 4 time a week, EVERYWEEK clearly has something of value to add....

2nd thing...i personally dont know larry but my friend bought his course, and no he didnt want to dish out 4k however he was smart enough to understand that there is nothing in life thats free (nothing thats of value atleast...) my suggestion to you losers....get a life, stop badmouthing people just cause you clearly hate yourselves. L?ife is great, and for us people who actually take RISKS, we live even greater lives, so your choice is simple...
#1- continue associating with morons on this forum (2 dead batteries, never start a car)

#2- think for your self, evaluate the risk at hand and make a decision to hang around successful people (no...the people here are probably not successful...)

#3- grow some balls, and at least have the decency to shut your hole when you clearly have no clue what your talking about

or #4- continiue being a lame, and being jel0us of people who make in one day what your entire sorry a** makes in 2 years.
;)

if you're new to this forum, think for yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.