Laptop breaks down

Thanks, Tony, oatman. Will have a go at the applications as recommended. :D

Dropping the internet connection when a call comes in is definitely not right... I'm not a big fan of USB to broadband either. The preferred solution is to have an ethernet connection, but that may mean buying a router and throwing away your existing box.

Thanks ChartMan.

I have considered using a router via ethernet, but the problem is, the connection programme by my ISP is for USB applications. I do not know how to adapt it for router/ethernet.

Who is your ISP? Shouldn't be a problem to go ethernet.... set it up in explorer.... sounds easy, eh? :cheesy:

Problem in opening and installing cpuidle

Hi Tony,

I am afraid I have got a problem in opening and installing cpuidle after download.

I first tried to open the file by double clicking it, but nothing happened; then I tried by right clicking it and selecting OPEN, nothing happened, either. Is it because the download file is a compressed/zipped folder? How can I open the file and install the application?

Many thanks indeed.

Thanks really oatman for the information.

I have installed freezip. Then I tried to unzip the file by right clicking and choosing UNZIP; has the file been installed in this way?

Now my laptop's temperature is 33 to 34 degree normally. I wonder whether that is a good temperature for the machine. Or should I try to reduce it further?

Many thanks.