Spooky

clylbw

Something spooky has happened to my older laptop in Halloween. :confused:

The laptop is a DELL Inspiron. It is set up as such that, to turn it on, I need to first turn on the direct power, and then press the ON/OFF icon in the machine.

In the night of Holleween on 31/10, I was about to turn on the laptop. I turned on the direct power, but some strange thing happened. The machine seemed to come into life on its own, WITHOUT me pressing the ON/OFF icon. The 3 lights of power, CPU and battery, and the 3 of number, capital and lock were all flashing. I could hear the machine was running, but the screen was dark; nothing appeared.

I tried to reboot it by pressing CTRL+DEL+SHFT, nothing happened. I tried to close it down by pressing hard the ON/OFF icon, nothing happened. I disconnected the direct power, but the machine was still running. It only turned off when I totally cut off the power by also taking off the battery. Even then, the light of battery was still flashing, WITHOUT any power, direct or battery. And that light went on for nearly 3 hours, without any power.

It was the same for two days. The battery had been taken off. Each time I turned on the direct power, the laptop turned itself on without me pressing the ON/OFF. the 6 lights were all flashing, but the screen was dark. When I disconnected the direct power, the battery light would still flash for a while, without any power.

However, when I tried again this afternoon, it was fine again. The machine worked as normal.

Is there a scientific explanation for all of this? Or is it indeed something spooky???Can anyone please tell me?

One explanation could be: it's time to write off your old computer, buy a new one.

halloween virus? monitor it see if it continues for a period of time...