June '04 Forex

B*****cks! Stopped out at 1.2473 for +49 pips. I was trailing stops on a 5 min chart - should have been looking at 15 min instead. Still, 47 pips yesterday and 49 pips today ain't too shabby!

Chow

That's why I'm reluctant to trade BO systems at present.

ChowClown said:
..it's about time Neil - that particular BO strat had been whittled down to an average of 10 pips/day. +130 now.

What on earth is wrong with 10 pips per day!

Do it consistantly and you could soon be a millionaire.

If you can trade manually and make 20+ pips per day consistently then I take my hat off to you as you are an elite trader and wont need to work in a couple of years time ;o)

JonnyT

:LOL: ...absolutely nothing JT. I was just getting spoilt by the higher average a few weeks ago.

I'm using the BO strat to build what little capital I have to play with at the moment to eventually pay off the mortgage and begin trading full-time - it's a great low stress, low maintenance system, sitting comfortably with me proper job ;)

JonnyT said:
What on earth is wrong with 10 pips per day!

Do it consistantly and you could soon be a millionaire.

If you can trade manually and make 20+ pips per day consistently then I take my hat off to you as you are an elite trader and wont need to work in a couple of years time ;o)

JonnyT

+140 today. BO average now at 14 pips/day since 22nd April. Now using FXCM, who have reduced the €$ spread to 3 pips.

Hi ChowClown,

Is that your net returns using an FX Broker or hypothetical returns?

JonnyT

Long on cable at 18300 on 7-8 BO.

Advice please from experienced traders - BOE rate at 11am. What impact does the announcement have on the market please when there is a change (predicted). Knowing that trading key economic news from the US is pointless would like to know what effect it may have when we have a go.

JE2000 said:
WELSHMAL

How high do you expect it to go? I'm currentlu long at 18280

As the more experienced trader I would bounce that one back to you. I'm looking at 18350 but I wonder if 18400 is possible (which is where we were 24 hrs ago). Re-reading your question in respect to my point on interest rates I think we will see another quarter of 1%.

I think it will be driven by the market reaction to the BOE announcement.

Welshmal did you close or are you still long. Currently short and looking for 1.8290.

ChowClown said:
+140 today. BO average now at 14 pips/day since 22nd April. Now using FXCM, who have reduced the €$ spread to 3 pips.

CC - JT's BO system is using FX Futures- not the spot.

FXCM only trade spot don't they?

Which data are you using for calculation?

Welshmal said:
Advice please from experienced traders - BOE rate at 11am. What impact does the announcement have on the market .

Mal, if they load on another half-percent that should in theory strengthen the £.

But as with all things...

Everyone is expecting the half-point and it may already be factored in.

If it's only a quarter-point, that might be seen as weakness and send it lower.

Who knows.

News is news.

How it's likely to be interpreted before and after the event is crystal-ball gazing.

Hi JT/Bramble,

Since the 22nd April I've been trading the 1am-8am BO, 2 hr entry, 60 stoploss, 6pm exit using capitalspreads and more recently FXCM. I've no complaints so far.

Thanks again JT for the original idea. Won't be too long before I consider using your API with IB ;-)

Morning all - not sure what the BoE is gonna give us (0.25 rise imo) but bear flag looks to be forming on the Euro for another tumble down.

We'll see what the news gives us!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 201