June '04 Forex

JE2000 and everyone

I just got knocked out..i was short GBP/USD...
Not sure if i should open another short pos...what do u think?

singh mate, Cable tends to completely die on a friday afternoon as volume dries up after 5pm..

better to leave it and save your juice for next week.

just my humble opinion....

cant wait for the pub tonight, am going to watch Withnail & I on the big screen afterwards....

FetteredChinos said:
singh mate, Cable tends to completely die on a friday afternoon as volume dries up after 5pm..

better to leave it and save your juice for next week.

just my humble opinion....

cant wait for the pub tonight, am going to watch Withnail & I on the big screen afterwards....
Hey
i agree with u...volume is bad on fridays...
its 1.30 am here in australia...just got back from a party,....few drinks etc :D
got home and looked at the spike in the data...lol
anyways...
hope u have a good one 2night :cheesy:

Thanks

....have a good w/e chaps - stag night tonight - beers, food, more beers, 'sunset strip', Soho, more beers!

Well it has been my worst week trading (Forex/shares). Have a good weekend and I look forward to us all having better trades next week.

Welshmal said:
Bramble, well. Okay never ever again. I will write 1000 times.
lol. After the last 'news' debacle I decided to be OUT of all FX positions at any cost.

The spikes caught the longs and the shorts. I was looking to trade the €/$ (using a 3-hr rolling PP and trading on closing prices only from a 5min chart) and would under normal circumstances have gone long just after the spike, but it had taken such a chunk by the time the triggering bar had closed, I didn't see much to play for. So I didn't.

No trades at all yesterday. But that's OK. I can wait.

No trades at all yesterday. But that's OK. I can wait

with 22 trading day's in a month and a 24 hour (virtually) liquid market, taking to the sidelines whilst the "1 minute lottery" plays itself out is always the wisest move imo!.....takes a quick finger and rock steady nerve to avoid all that stop gunning/faking & fading nonsense!!......

Welshmal said:
Well it has been my worst week trading (Forex/shares). Have a good weekend and I look forward to us all having better trades next week.

Me too, Welshy. But next week will be better !!!!

Regards,

hi guys,

What is the best RSI setting (normail is 14 for dow) on a 1min and 10 min chart for forex?

Dont you just love it when Johnny T expresses his opinions. Only thing it seems to be same expressions "No indicators". ;)

I also dont use any indicators, but i am aware of possible divergences on the RSI. I normally just use the default setting of 14

Faris..

P.S: Johnny T what was written was not meant to offend you ( just covering my back) :)

I have heard that some people use 9 and even 4? I personally use 14. The overbought and oversold levels are usually 30,70 but some use 20,80.

They are quite good for spoting a divergence as Faris had mentioned and could also filter out some trades?

Good Luck
;)
Ilia

'morning from sunny Wales. Treading with care after last week and looking for a significant indicator before taking any positions at the moment. With cable on the 7-8 there was a breakout from 18435 as a sell but the trend indicates that we should be heading North so will wait. On the 7-10 Euro I have 12332/12306 but here again the trend must surely be North. Finally the swissy looks stronger as a sell and I have noted 2380/12355/

Morning all,

Euro finally broken 2300 at the third attempt. Chart patterns would suggest a continuing further move upwards, especially on the 30 min which shows slow but continual bullishness. The only problem is that it's slow going, and no one likes a stagnated market. Would expect 2300 to become good support now for further rises.

Any other thoughts?

Ben

Brave stuff WelshMal. I too got on at 1330 Friday and got totally thumped. Worst day, worst week. The lot. Couldn't face pulling the trigger tday on cable if over 1.8475 long, or short if the 65/70 area held again. Which it did down to the target of 85/90. Ah well.
Om shanti