June '04 Forex

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
Hiya Folks

Thought i'd put this up for discussion. There are a few things to note on this chart and it would be nice to see how they play out.

I'm currently long while the price consolidates with a reversal short ready for a potential BO south.

Comments?

NB

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    24 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:

Goober

304 3
Hi NB

I don't look at Cable much, but interestingly, the last high on your chart of 1.8397 was the R2 level, which indicates a short (with a tight stop). :cheesy:

Edit: Hammer on 5 and 15 min charts confirm reversal at this level.

Last edited:

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
Just when you think its safe to enter the water...

The above chart did look like a reversal and an asym tri, however as new information unfolds the pattern changes. There was a nice early warning of a messy day from about 9am which i have been playing with but its all on the chart for you to look at.

No swift follow through on the BO to target with a reaction off the 50% fib of the days high/low range with a nice hammer too...

Is this just support becoming resistance? or are we looking at a channel

Regards
NB

Attachments

• 01-06-04 gbp 15 min.gif
    01-06-04 gbp 15 min.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 425

Welshmal

110 1
Well I thought June may be busting out all over. I'm sure my bank will be busting with laughter after taking a long on cable at 18403, long Euro at 12257 and a short on swissy at 12454. If only I had put all the positions in reverse. Tomorrow is another day................

mombasa

Established member
561 1
Welshmal - if its any help - I went short on the MACD & RSI ND at 1.2251, was feeling quite pleased with myself as it dropped - even more pleased as it started consolidating for another drop (or so I thought). Closed at 2240 as it rose unexpectedly.

To rub it in, it dropped big time a few min after I closed.

Then my big mistake came after it started up after the spike down - chance to get in with a short on the pullback I thought - finished the day 20 points down in the end. Analysing back, my mistake was being impatient, bored and over eager to make up for my first trade that I closed to early - I broke my rules.

To save your bank balance, I would suggest commiting money on the safest entries - use a demo account for other riskier trades.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 556

Welshmal

110 1
I try and post as frequently as possible to demonstrate the reality of trading. Some days are good, others not so. However, I feel that we are a community with a variety of experience and knowledge. Hopefully it is of benefit to all to read and share experiences. The learning curve is steep and on-going but I note this thread is read by a large number of people. I would encourage you to share your thoughts and experience.

Welshmal

110 1
On Jonny T's system I have cable at 18463/18445 with a break out now to sell already hit. However holding back as the chart suggests a rise rather than a fall. The Euro/dollar looks as if it may well produce the same but here again I feel we are due to go further north.

Goober

304 3
Morning all.

Long Swissy at 1.2420 with 20 pip SL.

Here's to successful trading today. :cheesy:

Goober

304 3
Hi NB

Yup! A good trade from R2 to 50% Fib - confirmed by hammers at both ends.

Newtron Bomb said:
The above chart did look like a reversal and an asym tri, however as new information unfolds the pattern changes. There was a nice early warning of a messy day from about 9am which i have been playing with but its all on the chart for you to look at.

No swift follow through on the BO to target with a reaction off the 50% fib of the days high/low range with a nice hammer too...

Is this just support becoming resistance? or are we looking at a channel

Regards
NB

ChowClown

2,732 56
Sanity check...

...looking at the hrly EUR/USD chart, I see a triangle BO long, with a mouth of 140 pips, to give a target of 1.2434. Does this look right to you?

Attachments

• EURUSD_hrly triangle BO.doc
    79 KB · Views: 330

ivorm

293 1
Hi ppl,

Well I'm short Euro from 1.2268 using the 7-10 BO system.

CC : You're ascending triangle pattern looks good - however, could the chart also be showing a double top at 7:00 on the 28th and 7:00 and 8:00 today ? I dunno !

I had a losing day yesterday (35pips) so I hope for a win today.

Good luck everyone. :cool:

Regards,

ChowClown

2,732 56
Could be Ivorm, time will tell. I'm long EUR/USD on the 1am - 8am lol. No trade yesterday using this one. 1am-8am generated 200 pips for me in May. Many thanks again to JT and subsequent contributors for that.

Goober

304 3
Chow

I have to agree with Ivor. There's a DT with MACD divergence - see attached.

ChowClown said:
...looking at the hrly EUR/USD chart, I see a triangle BO long, with a mouth of 140 pips, to give a target of 1.2434. Does this look right to you?

Attachments

• eur.jpg
    eur.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 293

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock