Italy leaving the EU

Can Italy’s oldest bank survive? There are still some key risks on the back of the No vote, but we think they will manifest themselves in Europe’s banking sector. If there is any sign of a run on Italy’s banking sector, then we could see panic spread to global financial sectors, including London and New York. Monte dei Paschi, Italy’s third largest and oldest bank, is desperately trying to raise EUR 5bn, and sell EUR 28bn in bad loans.

What I can't understand is how on earth the bank could have dished out such huge loans which seem to be toxic ! Have the Mafia taken the banks over and are just hosing out the money to disappear into the sewers ?
The Italian police should take a look at what has happened. Looks like something fishy to me.

The eu won't let it fail, that's a certainty. Bail-in requires 8 percent of the banks liabilities be absorbed by private investors and then the eu will bailout

Can Italy’s oldest bank survive? There are still some key risks on the back of the No vote, but we think they will manifest themselves in Europe’s banking sector. If there is any sign of a run on Italy’s banking sector, then we could see panic spread to global financial sectors, including London and New York. Monte dei Paschi, Italy’s third largest and oldest bank, is desperately trying to raise EUR 5bn, and sell EUR 28bn in bad loans.

What I can't understand is how on earth the bank could have dished out such huge loans which seem to be toxic ! Have the Mafia taken the banks over and are just hosing out the money to disappear into the sewers ?
The Italian police should take a look at what has happened. Looks like something fishy to me.

The bank have historical links with the Partito Democratico, your leftist radical chic friends:

https://translate.google.com.au/tra..._pd_politica_distorta_-146457248/&prev=search

Last edited:
What do Italian banks have to do with the EU and whta does the EU have to do with Italian banks.

Italian banks are under management and jurisdiction of Italy.

What do Italian banks have to do with the EU and whta does the EU have to do with Italian banks.

Italian banks are under management and jurisdiction of Italy.
Italy doesn't have a central bank and the government is running a deficit.

Italy doesn't have a central bank and the government is running a deficit.

ECB manages rates and money supply. However, I overlooked the fact it acts as lendor of last resort so oopssy from me and a much bigger oopsy from the ECB.

Ooohhhhh (n)

Italian banks seem to have been emptied by robbery or incompetence. But which.

Good question! Whilst Italians manage the banks apparently the ECB has a supervisory role.

Hot potatoe, pass the buck blame game about the start. Independent talks of nationalising the the troubled banks. Over to the Italian parliament.

To kick this off, I'd like to reiterate EU and ECB has nothing to do with Italian banks. (n)

Good question! Whilst Italians manage the banks apparently the ECB has a supervisory role.

Hot potatoe, pass the buck blame game about the start. Independent talks of nationalising the the troubled banks. Over to the Italian parliament.

To kick this off, I'd like to reiterate EU and ECB has nothing to do with Italian banks. (n)

So if you were a rescue investor, you would just pile in without any assurances that your investments were safe.

Yeah ok (y) :LOL:

No by incompetence (this is the oldest bank of all) but by:

robbery = relationship and intrigues between professional politicians (democratic party) and business people = the modern mafia.

This is why they made a further coup d'etat and want to change the electoral law before going to vote.

Because If the people go to power they will all end up in prison.

Italy will guarantee Monte dei Paschi continuity and client deposits

BRIEF-Shares in Monte dei Paschi rise more than 5 pct - Reuters News

In Britain and USA crooks go to prison (most of the time), in Italy they do not.

But now there is a different wind, they are monitored, they cannot do as much as they use to....still they do because the pockets are deep but there is awareness and participation from the people to end this.

It is an open pacific war till now, the b@stards are worried, the people are briefing on the back of their neck.....it is just a matter of time...it is going to happen pacifically or otherwise...

If the people go to power, Italy will get out of the Euro but will negotiate with the European Union to stay in or not, by then the experience of Britain will give some them some clues.

I would to mind seeing Italy and Britain tackle and work together for a better Europe, a real Europe where the needs of the people are the first priority.

Last edited:
In Britain and USA crooks go to prison (most of the time), in Italy they do not.

But now there is a different wind, they are monitored, they cannot do as much as they use to....still they do because the pockets are deep but there is awareness and participation from the people to end this.

It is an open pacific war till now, the b@stards are worried, the people are briefing on the back of their neck.....it is just a matter of time...it is going to happen pacifically or otherwise...

If the people go to power, Italy will get out of the Euro but will negotiate with the European Union to stay in or not, by then the experience of Britain will give some them some clues.

I would to mind seeing Italy and Britain tackle and work together for a better Europe, a real Europe where the needs of the people are the first priority.

Beg to differ as there is no evidence of any banker whether in the US or UK going to prison over all the abuse we have had since 2007/8. Even rate and gold price fixing has led to no prison terms but simply penalties which ultimately shareholders pay.

Beg to differ as there is no evidence of any banker whether in the US or UK going to prison over all the abuse we have had since 2007/8. Even rate and gold price fixing has led to no prison terms but simply penalties which ultimately shareholders pay.

You are right..but this needs to stop.

Kareem Serageldin