isa's short term trading journal

they have their own forum.
if you use AD. then press free bb on right hand side and search for fx thread by index trader.

Is not the same thing. That's a live trading thread, where you can post whatever whenever. Is not want I want to do at all. On the thread I want to do each person will only be able to make one trade per week. No saying ABC looks good etc, or I traded something or other today. They will have to be specific and they will have to set a stop loss and it will have to be closed by the end of the week. I will make a spreadsheet and monitor the performance of each trade and make an equity curve for each person as the weeks go by.

Sounds like a good idea isatrader - keeping it simple and straightforward - a lot like trading should be!

US SP 500 Long Entry – Mar 11 Spread Update

Trade Update – The S&P 500 Index is sitting at the 1300 level and battling between supply and demand. Maybe GDP tomorrow will move it either way decisively. I will wait and see. Currently my trade is around 7 points up and stop is at break even still.

Here's the latest chart

Attachments

• SP500_2hr_27-1-11_status2.png
    SP500_2hr_27-1-11_status2.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 167
SMT Buy Stop

I’m looking for SMT to breakout above the current consolidation. It is approaching key resistance, so it may top and not reach my target. I think it depends whether the general market breaks out as well, as to which way it goes.

Attachments

• SMT_Daily_27-1-11.png
    SMT_Daily_27-1-11.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 161
BG Group Entry - Jun 11 Spread

BG group spiked up through the previous highs this morning and set off my alert. It's pulled back around 4% from the high and below the previous high again, so I've placed a speculative long position on Jun 11 Spread. But there's a chance today could be the top, so I've got a fairly tight stop loss.

Trade

BG Group Jun 11 Spread
Direction: Long

Entry Price: 1420.35
Spread: 12.31

Stop: 1379
Target: 1600

Account Risk: 0.5%
Potential Account Profit: 2.19%
Risk Ratio: 4.34

Attachments

• BG-Group-Entry-28-1-11.png
    BG-Group-Entry-28-1-11.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 151
DAX hitting multi-day highs again. NASDAQ down a little. Time for a retrace? Going to short it, small amount as it could just be consolidating at high.

Trade

DAX daily
Direction: Short

Entry Price: 7167
Spread: 2 pts
Amount: £2 per point

Stop: 7190
Target: 7120 initially, perhaps down to 7000.

Account Risk: £46
Potential Account Profit: £94
Risk/Reward: 1:2

DAX hitting multi-day highs again. NASDAQ down a little. Time for a retrace? Going to short it, small amount as it could just be consolidating at high.

Trade

DAX daily
Direction: Short

Entry Price: 7167
Spread: 2 pts
Amount: £2 per point

Stop: 7190
Target: 7120 initially, perhaps down to 7000.

Account Risk: £46
Potential Account Profit: £94
Risk/Reward: 1:2

Nice one SlipperyC. I like that you used my format for showing the trade. I hope it goes well. (y)

US GDP figures were good, but a bit lower than the consensus. It will be interesting to see how price reacts during the US session in the S&P 500 as it is still lingering at the 1300 level. Could be a decent move either way today as it is in such a tight range at the moment.

I agree about the move. Dax is bashing against 7170 area - if it gets through it should explode - hence the tight stop. If not, down she goes.