isa's short term trading journal

Hmmm. Psychologicallly, I'm totally on the wrong side today. Was expecting a good bounce in the DAX but I'm trying to trade against it too much.

Time to step back.

new trade

DAX SHORT, £2/pt, 7301. Stop: 7307, target: 7190

Shame you didn't get an entry on your weekly trade this morning as 7300 was your target. Don't forget to change your entry point etc as is still 4 days to make another trade.

DAX short update; out at 7286 for -8 pts (-£16)

Blimey! Just managed to check up on things from yesterday PM. Go DAX is all I can say! Would have been a cracking trade on the Weekly!!

Stats (for Mon. 28th Feb);

10 trades today (10 short, 0 long)
3 winners, 4 losers, 3 b/e
avg. trade size, £3/pt

Won: £86, Lost: £85
Balance: +£1

Hmmm. Those stats tell a very obvious story! I failed to recognise this bounce EVEN THOUGH I PREDICTED IT ON THE WEEKLY FORUM!! I failed to change my trading strategy to the long side!!

Spent all day fighting the trend for the grand total of £1!!

The only positive point is that I managed to recognise this and prevented any greater damage.

HOIL.L Swing Trade

Trade

Heritage Oil Rolling Spread
Direction: Long

Entry Price: 272.55
Spread: 1.49

Stop: 245
Target: 300

Account Risk: 0.34%
Potential Account Profit: 0.34%
Risk Ratio: 1

ATR (200 Day): 14.84 (5.44%)
ATR (52 Week): 38.07 (13.97%)

ATR Targets:
1x ATR: 287.39
1.5x ATR: 294.81
2x ATR: 302.23

Entry Reason
I've been watching this one. I think it's ready to bounce back to 300 level. The divergences are huge on force index and MACD. It's at its -3ATR level on the weekly which has only happened once before, but it is also at a major support level that goes back to 2008.

Attachments

• HOIL_Daily_1-3-11_entry.png
    HOIL_Daily_1-3-11_entry.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 141
  • HOIL_30min_1-3-11_entry.png
    HOIL_30min_1-3-11_entry.png
    29 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Definitely looks like its built support at the 260 area, like you say, 300 seems a logical target.

I was thinking SlipperyC that to keep the amount of posts down, that when you update your stops or targets, that maybe you should edit the entry post instead of doing a new post? As I'm finding it hard to find some of my trades in the journal as the amount of intraday posts are swamping it a bit.

Last edited:
Oops! Away for a few hours and the DAX collapses!! Missed a nice 150 pt ride down.

Anyway,

DAX LONG update; out at 7315 for -10 pts (-£30)

SlipperyC you still have the old stop loss and target on the one trade a week thread. Do you want to change them?

Am happy with my HOIL.L entry today. It held up very well and closed up 3.1% from yesterday. So I'm slightly in profit for the start of the month.

Watchlist Addition

I've been looking for stocks that are in an oversold state and managed an up day today and think Britvic (BVIC.L) looks interesting. It's met it's P&F bearish target and is outside of the -3ATR channel. So a possible swing trade maybe with a tight stop.

Attachments

• BVIC_Daily_1-3-11.png
    BVIC_Daily_1-3-11.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 148
  • SharpChartv05-7.png
    SharpChartv05-7.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 128