Is it really this easy?

CMS FOREX

i found this firm thru a link.....they are in the empire state building in NY....they have a combined mini/ordinary account called a universal account and you can trade in $10,000, £20,000, £30,000 blocks et seq....so its a bit more flexible if you want to trade more than $1 a pip......the charts look pretty comprehensive too.....

anybody got any experience of them?

CMS FOREX FOLLOW UP

should have read $20,000 and $30,000 not £......another bonus.....you can have your base currency in sterling and the account balance details give you the USD equivalent.....

intersting stuff-

I guess if one wants to trade 24hrs, then the forex is ok, but if u want to just trade the US hours, then ( i am guessing !!) futures maybe better in the sense of less spread- at least the spread in Euro /USD as i can see on IB is about 1 or 2 ticks with a commission of $4.80 RT- Commission intial per contract is about $ 2300 so not too bad-

However, the forex may offer an alternative to my morning trades of just watching the Dax and from the comments above, it seems to move...............

Al

Have found another site - aforex.com

It is a mini account , and for someone like me who knows nothing about forex, it maybe a starting point...................

I'm looking into Forex as well, after suffering under declining volatility in the Dax, and have been looking enviously at the trends in the Forex market.

No doubt if I start trading Forex, the forex mkts will go rangebound and the Dax will go Ballistic... :(

Any opinions on relative response to Technicals in FX Vs Indexes ?

From the above posts it sounds like the recommended platforms are FXCM and D4F if daytrading , but FXCM if longer positions. How about REFCO ?

Last edited:
DaxTrader,

If you have traded the Dax Futures then I suggest you look at the EUR/USD future on Globex.

Liquid $12.5 per pip, spread of 1 and it sure does move.

JonnyT

Thanks Jonny, looks lively......, just started collecting it

what about GBP/USD or is that illquid ?

errr, just looked, answered the question already ...15 tick spd doh !

So for others would you D4F Jonny, unless doing lots of overnights ?

I've only traded the EUR/USD but would use Deal4Free for GPB/USD if I had a methode that produced an average 15 pips.

To date I haven't actually tested anything on this instrument!

JonnyT

JonnyT, I've been watching the action on EUR/USD this morning.
Since you've been following it, have you noticed anything in particular, any quirks, traits etc that are worth looking out for?
Nice break first thing at 1.2780 ish.
If using a stop limit, how much room would you give to get in?
Thanks

I use 2 pips on Stop lImits and have never ever not been filled.

I might reduce this...

JonnyT

JT,

Do you know the MyTrack symbol for the EUR/USD futures. As usual I'm failing to get anywhere with their symbol lookup!

Hi Peter,

Its AQ`H for the globex traded future and EU`H for the Pit contract, or CU.EU for the spot market....

JonnyT