is 100% return each year realistic?

no problem - send me your email address - I have a monthly newsletter, including all my trading results. Going to start openly tracking my trading account balance. Then in a year's time you can congratulate me, or have a laugh at me. I don't mind.

You do 100% so far this year, out of interest?

I think capital preservation is more important than big gains anyway. I persoally trade very cautiously. I think one of my problems is cutting my wins, not just my losses. Leaving too much money on the table. Also, the slippage I get with my current broker is killing a lot of profits through missed trades - missed about 5points that I would have gotten on the S&P500 this month.

Have a good rest of your trading year. If you're in London, feel free to connect - my trading group is coming together nicely with a lot of interesting people registering their desire to be help get it going.

No - I've made way over 100% this year already - so if I do not even 1 more trade this whole year... 100% is already done.

Not sure the purpose of your comment.

I suspect he was making reference to the fact that you started trading futures part time as of March this year, and yet already you have it mastered. And before you ask, no, I'm not up 100 pct this year.

I suspect he was making reference to the fact that you started trading futures part time as of March this year, and yet already you have it mastered. And before you ask, no, I'm not up 100 pct this year.

You should watch his videos. They are tres funny.

Well on another thread I made a joking comment about wanting to purchase a system which made 2% a day, to which he replied "I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10%". Obviously I thought that too was a joke, but no, he was being serious.

Is it not possible to master something simple in 6 months? It's all about doing something simple that works, and doing it over and over.

I don't really mind what you say - I am up over 100% this year (79% in this month alone, ater commissions). I'll continue replicating this success and you may not ever make 100% in a year. You will only ever be some guy that once made a comment on one of my posts.

Is it not possible to master something simple in 6 months? It's all about doing something simple that works, and doing it over and over.

I don't really mind what you say - I am up over 100% this year (79% in this month alone, ater commissions). I'll continue replicating this success and you may not ever make 100% in a year. You will only ever be some guy that once made a comment on one of my posts.

Can I ask, Are you compounding your profits or do you take it out each week\month\year or whatever?

Unfortunately for you. Meanreversion is a far more respected poster than you at this stage.

But good luck in your trawl for students so you can show them how "amazingly" the market moves at 13:30.. when low and behold the data comes out.

It's funny........ seriously.

Trading futures .. making 100 pct .. simple ..

Ok, all the best to you, I hope your lucky streak continues.

Well on another thread I made a joking comment about wanting to purchase a system which made 2% a day, to which he replied "I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10%". Obviously I thought that too was a joke, but no, he was being serious.

I was serious - made 25% on friday - trading Consumer Confidence tomorrow, so hopefully up another 10 or 20%. It's not difficult, you only need to take 1 point on the S&P eminis to make 10% - and the forecasted movement on Consumer Confidence is probably about 2-4points. It's just about taking 1 or 2 points at a time, winning the majority of trades, cutting losses, etc. Thant's all I do, and it works.

Sometimes I only take a tic and make 2% though :)

All my trades are posted straight to my blog - go there and comment on them all you want. If you think I'm doing something wrong, let me know what you would have done.

Trading futures .. making 100 pct .. simple ..

Ok, all the best to you, I hope your lucky streak continues.

5 months - what a lucky streak. And my good friend who I'm learning directly from has a lucky streak of over 100% per month for a year now. what are the chances? He must have a 5-leaf clover on his desk. He's quit his day job, bought 2 new card in 1 year, so I hope his 'luck' continues.

Email me, and I'll send you my personal monthly newsletter, including all my trading stats. I'm going to start tracking my trading account balance and publishing my account statements (after I've made a switch to my new broker). In a year if I'm still lucky, congratulate me on my luck - If I fall on my ass, laugh at me and I'll admit my bad luck.

Given that you are trading futures and not options, is it not conceivable that you might also lose 25% in a day, given the large leverage you seem to be employing?