is 100% return each year realistic?

Exactly, people would make less money, people would also lose less money.

My statement is based on the understanding , the few who make money do it due to leverage.If there wasn't leverage , they would end up in the 95% club.The percentage of losers would increase.

Fewer less losers would trade , but the percentage would be higher.

My statement is based on the understanding , the few who make money do it due to leverage.If there wasn't leverage , they would end up in the 95% club.The percentage of losers would increase.

Fewer less losers would trade , but the percentage would be higher.

gibberings of a failing mind

I thought it was impossible for you to say anything dumber than some of your previous statements but you have managed it. Well done!

Leonarda, I apologize for that if that is how I came across. My objective was, in reading many of the posts on the small gains many are getting or seem to believe that is all they can get, was to show that it can be done, and that it is not a big deal.
I don;t want to impose upon this thread, but to a degree, I am showing how I do it in my thread. My margining is always consistent at 10%.
As far as my willingness to show people, I have worked with several to show them how to develop a methodology that will work for them.
I'll take your advice as constructive, I'm thanking you for it, and I will unsubscibe to this thread. Thanks again!

4xpip I think you obviously do very well for yourself...but you maybe making guys jealous that can't achieve your levels, so maybe not best to keep going on about how you do...unless you're willing to tell us all exactly how you do it please???

Leonarda, I apologize for that if that is how I came across. My objective was, in reading many of the posts on the small gains many are getting or seem to believe that is all they can get, was to show that it can be done, and that it is not a big deal.
I don;t want to impose upon this thread, but to a degree, I am showing how I do it in my thread. My margining is always consistent at 10%.
As far as my willingness to show people, I have worked with several to show them how to develop a methodology that will work for them.
I'll take your advice as constructive, I'm thanking you for it, and I will unsubscibe to this thread. Thanks again!

np, not an issue. I forgot you had another thread, so that's fair.
I think this thread is starting to go round in circles now anyway, it's losing my appeal...

I thought it was impossible for you to say anything dumber than some of your previous statements but you have managed it. Well done!

Most losers can't accept the fact , they are clueless why they are making money.Even the losers who follow LTCM know they were only making 40% return due to excessive leverage,otherwise they were crap at trading.

If you were trading S and P with full deposit and no leverage,I really wonder how many of you would bother. None of you would ever get more than 10% a year without leverage.

I trade on margin and I trade.

b is implied by a

so why are you having a shot at people who trade with leverage? there is nothing wrong with it as long as you understand it and risk manage accordingly.

and what's with the sudden obsession with Long Term (who's returns in the first few years were quite incredible incidentally)

I thought he was having a go at people that don't trade on margin and bizzarely saying that people who don't trade on margin are more likely to go broke than those that do.

maybe it's me the clueless loser. i can't keep track of his musings. dinner tables, shark tanks, losers, I hate Goldman, LTCM etc...

Indeed! To parphrase The Office, if I had Hitler, Osama Bin Laden and Oildaytrader all in the same room and a gun with two bullets, I would shoot Oildaytrader.......twice.

Reactions: D70
Warrior, that was exactly my point earlier. The thing is lots of constructive warnings have been issued to Liam, which is good. But, it concerns me that no one believes they can make 100% per year. I made 5% today on a slow day, and that's 250% for the year not compunded.
100% per year is only 1.35% compunded per week. That is 13 1/2 pips per week for me. Yes, I keep telling myself, "There is something wrong with this picture."

ever heard of that Chinese rice story? the compounding affect based on 100% a year. if you do the math you will own the world in a relatively short space of time. period!!! let alone your 250% so again. good luck with that

Heed the warnings, but it will still be your experience that will prove out.
You don't need to fear you will get nowhere, as long as you don't do anything any different than you did when you demo traded.
You will also never hear from me you can't do 100% per year. I've done it in several months, much less a year. I can't help all the ones that believe you can't do it.
Just make sure you have safely ensconced your methodology.
After 6 years of trading, the number one thing I still have to guard against is simply staying mentally consistent, and not getting over-confident. Your confidence will grow with the success of every trade you make. It will grow when you see your account growing at a consistent growth. Through this, your experience will grow with it. After awhile of consistent, steady growth, you can get on here and tell people what you can make instead of asking.
BTW, you have some gauge. What rate of growth and over what period of time has your demo experienced? It is different trading live, because something happens mentally when you go live, but you'll cross that bridge when you get there.

several months? you must be taking on a fat chunk of risk per trade. anyone can have a lucky streak with fat risk, try keep that up though over several years!!! again, good luck

News scalping can be rewarding:
http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/

Todays 19:15 GMT Fed rate decision certainly provided some good scalping action on USD pairs. Safest (such a thing with news scalps...)1-2 mins after release.

Not for faint hearted or new traders. Best to stick to:
1. AUD/USD
2. EUR/GBP
3. NZD/USD
4. EUR/USD
5. USD/CHF

More stable, as opposed to GBPJPY etc.

Get it right and it can be one of the easiest methods of profit, get it wrong though...
Not something I would suggest trading at all without demoing first.

I have made 50-100% a month... consistently, since I started. So yes, 100% in a year is possible.

But I'm talking about trading futures - the best and most lucrative investment trading vehicle in my opinion.

But it's about your method in the madness. Consistent emotional control and trusting your edge, if you've forund one. Money is a by-product of good trading. Don't trade for money. Hope than makes sense (?)

An earlier post from MarketMoverTrader...

My name is James, I live in west London, I’m 27, married and a self-employed professional. I also have been trading futures part-time since March this year, with some fair success.

100% in a year scaled then James?

Reactions: D70