Sticky Introduce Yourself

Who is EAS_Trader?

Ok Sharky, as a new member here and saying a few words about myself:
Have been trading equities for about 6 mo. using a business plan I set for myself.
I paid for several weeks of class at OTA, and am happy with their approach, as I always lost money before going there, now I am about 58% winning over losing trades. I still have a way to go to hit my mark of 65% winning trades before I am happy. I keep my stops close so if I have a loss it is a small loss. And I will trade either direction based on what the overall trend is. I use the futures for confirmation before entry and have my profit levels set so I can exit with a profit instead of watching to turn to a loss.
My losses are based more on market volitilty and getting stopped out. I will listen to news about 6am CST, and if there are major announcements during the day I make sure I exit before they come out. So in short I am a day trader, dont hold overnight, and sometimes I scalp if I have made my goal for the day, which means I am out in 10 minutes of trading for the day. Sometimes I exit even if it is a small loss so I am not in during the doldrums. To any new trader, make a plan, follow the plan, learn how to get unemotional about your trade, and be willing to accept a managed loss.

Hello.

I appear. I go a time in the world, have operated in futures, actions(shares) and in currencies.

I wait to be taking part in the forum.

A greeting.

hi friends,
this is devajit labh, a day trader in US equity market,
here to come in touch with newer people to explore the world of trading,
can get in touch with me on skype, my id is - devajit_labh
waiting to come in touch with great people.....
thanks

Hi, I've been trade in futures and options for one years.
Basically using T/A as my guidance.
Now I'm developing program trading and spread trade.
Wish I can share some of my experience here.

Hi. This just a quick message to introduce myself.I have just just started to actively trade in the forex markets with varying degrees of success. Does anyone know of a good technical analysis course I can use to improve trading?

So green

:clover:Hi all, am so green in trading. I have read up a few books now am trying to find out which type of trading I should do, Forex, Shares or Spread betting?

Hello everyone

Hi, found out this great site while browsing through list of forums in google. Hope to learn a lot from everyone

Hi y'all

Hi all.

I'm fairly new to trading and came across this forum while looking for something else, found something I hadn't been able to find anywhere else here, so decided it might be a good place to hang around for a while. :)

At this stage I haven't actually done any trading, though I did pick a number of stocks at the end of last year and the beginning of this year, set them up in a couple of portfolios and just followed how they've gone since (quite good actually).

The last few months I've been looking more seriously at trading and have been researching the Australian markets. Get my first test shortly by joining a game run by the ASX (Australian Securities Exchange - Stock Market Information, Stock Quotes - ASX), giving me a chance to seriously paper trade to put what I've learnt to the test. The chance to win a few thousand dollars is a good incentive too. :D

I hope to learn a lot from those on the forums and hopefully be able to give some back as well over time.

Cheers,
Mark

P.S.
What did I find here that I couldn't find anywhere else? An old post linking to an excel spreadsheet that creates P&F charts. It's not perfect, but it does give me a place to start in building one that suits my needs.

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. I'm flash for future market. Learning is my purpose. and great to know this website. it nice place to visit

Newbie here?

Went on a Traders Universty Presentation this week and found it interesting - Basically they put their software on top of say "sharescope" and it filters for the "consolidation" areas and then details more information on that company.
They also insist on a 3:1 Risk Reward Ratio ONLY.
They also state that you only risk 1% of your pot on any one punt!
They also state to stick to the "system" and not get greedy.
I am very new to Trading and I see that what they are saying is true but I require more research and information before risking any money on this venture.

If anyone has any tips on the best way to start then please contact me

Went on a Traders Universty Presentation this week and found it interesting - Basically they put their software on top of say "sharescope" and it filters for the "consolidation" areas and then details more information on that company.
They also insist on a 3:1 Risk Reward Ratio ONLY.
They also state that you only risk 1% of your pot on any one punt!
They also state to stick to the "system" and not get greedy.
I am very new to Trading and I see that what they are saying is true but I require more research and information before risking any money on this venture.

If anyone has any tips on the best way to start then please contact me

I know nothing about the course or software but that looks like a good introduction.

I guess that the best way to start would be understand that you cannot control the market, you can only control yourself. This is my take on the big picture of trading and investing. It took me a long time to embed it as a part of my character and trading mentality, rather than just be aware of it I know it and believe in it.

Prices in any market are formed by people at a particular point in time. They form a mixture of buyers and sellers with differing needs of how much they want to buy and sell. This unique moment in time has its own unique reflection of what to do, this unique decision then moves the price up, down or sideways. Moments later this body of unique people disbands and is never reformed again. What this means is that the market is constantly changing and you will never be able to test the market with your trading plan/philosophy with complete scientific rigour. It means that any market has at its base a measure of fundamental uncertainty that cannot be dispelled. Now the participants in a market react in similar ways, patterns are formed, trends are created and so can be modelled. But this modelling can never be 100% reliable. One of the biggest shocks traders face is that what worked yesterday can fail today and what failed today can then start working again tomorrow.

Therefore I see investing as an attempt to find certainty in an uncertain world, looking for results that are repeatable and predictable. Traders on the other hand can accept the inherent uncertainty of the market and are prepared for uneven returns, uncertain outcomes and the possibility of failure. Price and value are a psychological phenomenon. I would recommend reading books on the psychological aspects of trading and living with uncertainty, i.e. Van Tharp, Nicholas Nassim Taleb and others.

Seven years experience at trading, can't resist trying a new method out and reading about other traders journeys.

www.ramsissecurities.com

Ramsis Securities
Our sole purpose is to help investors who hold restricted and low trading volume shares to liquidate their stock. We're a new company based in Oxford with years of research in this sector. Our company is devoted to helping the millions of people in the UK with overseas shares they find near enough impossible to sell.
Ramsis Securities