Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello... I have been actively trading options for 5 years now, with mixed results. I am still convinced that options are the best way to make a lot of money during a short period of time. They are tricky, involving a lot of research on the underlying stock, among other things. That is why I usually rely on a subscription service for my initial picks. I basically broke even with Don Fishback's service a few years back. I am currently using Taipan's WOW service (WaveStrength Options Weekly); broke even last year, but made over 400% from the end of Aug '08-Oct '08! Since Oct, it has been rough going. At any rate, I am always interested in other's track records.... and not necessarily just in options trading. So... how is everyone else doing in the market as of late... and why?!! ... Steve from St. Louis

hi .... I'm a beginner trader ... right now just trying with a mini account. I'm hoping to obtain some tips and feedback regarding day trading strategies. Right now I'm using EMA 5 and 10, RSI, stochastics and MACD .... and some candlestick patterns. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.
Harry

Happy Holidays everyone!

I wanted to drop a quick hello and briefly introduce myself. My name is C.J. and I trade FX. I have been off and on for about two years and would consider myself in the "molding" stage (know most of the basics, trying to find my grove and master what I already know now).

I do not have a personal style but I would like to say I base my trades on fundamentals with consideration to technical analysis. Over the next year, I would like to further my understanding of technical indicators (looking beyond the numbers to understand the formulas that drive all those pretty lines and waves) and correlations to commodities, equity/bond markets, LIBOR rates, and anything else I can get my hands on. I do not know much about the futures/options markets and I hope I can learn more within this form.

Beyond the obvious I stated above, I would like to grow my network of traders, bounce my ideas off them, and have them bounce ideas off me.

Take Care and Good Bye 2008.

-C.J.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone..
Newbie is here... :clap:
be a good trader everyone, on thex new year ok!! :smart: :clap: :clap:

Regards :smart:

New to all of this! Always thought Forex was a kinda Oz beer!

Hi all

Please excuse my total ignorance in Trading, Bulls, Bears etc.. I have been an engineer for over the past 20 plus years:sleep:

My faith in pensions and properties have been vapourised these past few months and therefore I have joined this forum to garner knowledge and experience so that I can atleast keep my head above water when I retire :clover:

Cheers and all the best for the 2009 (couldn't have picked a better time to learn I guess)

Ancient Mariner

Hi all, I am an aspiring trader. Sent an application to Optiver and they told me to wait for them to visit my university in March. I don't want to wait that long so I'm casting my attention towards Tibra and IMC.

I am concerned about Tibra's testing though as it is different from the others. Any insight on this would be well appreciated.

Hi There everyone

Hello,

My first post here. I have had some success with Unit trusts (up untill last year now only breaking even!) and I have set up a day trading account with £1350.

Now worth just £900 thanks to Woolworths! Got burned there! Made some of the loss back on Taylor Wimpey recently and have a long term investment in Albidon but have large loss (bought at 19p now 5.5p ouch!)

Looking for day trade tips and uptodate news to turn my £1350 into £5,000 this year. I am not Not greedy or reckless!

Hi One & All

This is Virender ,

I am not new to share trading systemm but relevently new to intraday trading system. Hope i will be successfull in this with the help of TW.

Regards,

Virender Kumar.

Hi!

I am new to the T2W forums but have been really impressed with the posts I have read so far and hope I can contribute in the very near future.

About me, I am somewhat new to forex trading, but have a very strong interest in automated trading.

Would you like to share your new found niche with us here?
Thanks!

Its pretty simple really. But it takes a lot of discipline

Ill post it in the appropriate forum when i get a chance.

:)

Its really early to tell if its going to work in the long term with the holidays but Im making good progress. The times I did lose I wasnt following the system.

Hello

Hi Guys,

Just to Introduce myself, I am a Stock Broker and Professional Trader based in South Africa. I have been trading for the past 3 years, specifically Single Stock Futures and Equities. I have very recently started trading index Futures....

Claude

Dear T2Winisters....

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year
and a prosperous 2009.:party:

Clonepop here. I've been an active trader for over 10 years, started with stocks, moved on to options, then futures. I like index futures. Even though I've been trading a long, long time, I figure I can always learn something. That's why I'm here.

Hello.. I just found this forum and thought I would say hello. My name is Warren and I've done a bit of trading on the Forex. It will be nice to have a place to chat. Usually I don't join forums but lately I'm enjoying my new computer.

new trader two + years

boe richen is the name ,and forex is no game. my goal was to be the best forex trader in the world. I have worked my self to sleep most days. I think i know a hole heck of a lot
at this point. thanks to all of you around the 6 blogs i enter. Thank you all.
sometimes i think I've taken in to much info on one hand, and not enough on the other.
sound familiar. LOL right now i am defiantly not one of the best traders in the world
on the other hand i am very close to getting their. I am going to shock banks governments
and the World of traders. The only way for me to do this is to teach others to trade. why?
because their cums a point when the brain cannot process , organize ,and filter information any longer. Except when they begin to teach, by teaching you process better,
organize better , and best of all you filter information better. One Thing i will teach right here and know is: bull sinky. yea that's right bull sinky ! say it with me bull sinky ! yea say it load bull sinky ! bull sinky comes up over and over again in forex, first of all
do not ever listen to anyone who thinks the market is not manipulated . That's bull sinky
I can prove it two secounds, go to any chart and study price and price patterns. Price patterns replete over and over again, not just your classic patterns visually obvious
free lance patterns that can be specific to that trade. Brokers are all bound by COT report DATA. Commercial contracts call you and I the dumb money. No Joke. read the COT reports on Tuesdays and every other Friday. Learn to recognize price patterns.
Not just classical ones, but imagine if you will this. If you just missed a big down move
and at the end of that move you did not get any reversal pattern instead you see flat,
or better yet you get this week falling crab pattern. Question did you miss the move?
bull sinky! get ready and go short again, and maybe you will see the pattern again, then stay short. My point here is That all trades that last long enough to be considered any type of price movement has specific repeating patterns assigned to that trade once you learn that only use indicators for timing. fibs is a must range celculator a must. Listen my friends please listen if you do not learn to recognize price action then you really only should consider scalping that's no bull sinky. LOL Good luck oh and do not forget COT report Learn to ride the sharks back.

every thing in forex is disguised so you don't ketch on to what the smart money is doing. so you must
wait for the unavailing of the fan tum of forex opera.

all traders can tell you what direction price is going in, but what the problem is they don not know how far , how strong, and how long. what to expect if you get in to early or to late, and sadly for newbies
what to expect if you happen to get in right at the perfect time.how do you know all of this? LOl
Study Joe Ross price patterns. that's a start. get your hands on every little bit of price action data you can, but the best thing to do is go back and find every price reversal, and price continuation pattern you can see on your chart. draw the patterns out identify them give them your own names
find repeating patterns know one ever has talked about, or knows about. document the success and failure rates of these Patterns. in order to learn to look at patterns in detail see Joe Ross. Google him. This is gold ok some one owes me, but that's ok because i owe others. here's the gold ready,
If you do have a failure rate then tare the price apart high low open close angles how many candle
what time frame extra. so you can see any discrepancy you may hang your hat on.

p.s. i can hardly wait to get the feed back on the info i just shelled out. Experienced traders i would love to here your comments. expectation are high. new guys and gals, I am telling you Price is randomized but in a designed way, and it also has outside influences. I.E commercial trades extra. The market is also under constant dissociate
disguised price movements. just back test that's all . if i happen to be full of bull sinky you can take
a look you have charts. cool see ya

New to the forum. Trying to upgrade my trading acumen with Tradestation backtesting and Fourier analysis of stock data for prominent frequencies. Looking forward to browsing thru the posts here.

Steve (aka stockpeeker)