Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi,everyone

Dear All,

Nice meeting everyone here.
I am a chinese and I am a newer in the field of trading, hoping this is a place that can make my dream come true.

CHEERS.

Hi, this is my first post on here so thought I might as well use it to introduce myself :)

Just started trading a couple of months ago, reading up on some technical analysis (currently reading Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques by Steve Nison) and hoping to make some money (instead of losing it! lol!)

Cheers,
Mark

Hi, this is my first post on here so thought I might as well use it to introduce myself :)

Just started trading a couple of months ago, reading up on some technical analysis (currently reading Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques by Steve Nison) and hoping to make some money (instead of losing it! lol!)

Cheers,
Mark

If you got it out of a library then sell it ... best way to profit from it.

If not hmmm. Be aware that candlesticks without context are a complete waste of time so you'll need some context. Lookup dbphoenix, vsatrader, and trader_dante under advanced search (threads started by) and read their threads.

Look, for all who are new and learning. If you get a thread where one of the longer term members (thus, perhaps successfully trading) offers the opportunity to try to interpret what is happening and gives feedback then take it.

A recent one that might fit that category is: 8 bananas for a quid

Last edited:
Selecta 7

Hi found your website after doing a google search for selecta7 the horse betting system. I purchased the system back in 2003 and used it for about 6 months with good results, but when I hadn't used it for a year or so it wouldn't let me run it.
I will post in the correct area some questions on this, so be kind it did cost about £2000 then..... yeah I know one born every minute..

Hello - hello, I'm stretching a bit here. A bit shy at the interactive stuff. Just getting started in the markets (without broker) after some years of study. It is a good time to get in, I think (hope). I'm looking for systems, methods, etc. beyond throwing darts at the WSJ. The most interesting factoid is that I teach accounting (university). I am finding that getting my hands sweaty (a bit) is benefiting our classroom discussions. A few laughs anyway. Okay...off to the posts!

Hi found your website after doing a google search for selecta7 the horse betting system. I purchased the system back in 2003 and used it for about 6 months with good results, but when I hadn't used it for a year or so it wouldn't let me run it.
I will post in the correct area some questions on this, so be kind it did cost about £2000 then..... yeah I know one born every minute..

Welcome. Hope you find some worthwhile things on here ( I know you will )

I think the guy behind that went on to do some stock market thing after that....

A mate of mine bought the S7 as well and did ok out of it for a couple of years. He is a professional poker player so it was right up his street. He thinks the markets are too crazy for him !!

Really like the site...

.... been ALL over the markets since the early 90's!!

Finally after graduating from the School of Hard Knocks I have found the way!!

OZ

First post

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this site as hopefully you can tell. I've been interested in investing for a couple years now and have made some wise choices and some poor ones. Now I'm at the point that I want to move up in my understanding of how things work and start making a more reliable profit out of it.

Hi all

I’m graduated from Sorbonne University (Paris, France). Econometrics and Finance.
I’m seeking a position of derivatives trader otherwise, an internship to gain experience and show my skills.

I’m also teaching myself in several courses like VBA, and options pricing models.
I wish I’ll be able to find a lot of experience shared by traders, and maybe, I will be able to find an open door for my first steps as a trader.
I’m glad to join you on this forum, and maybe, count as one of yours very soon.

Elvaiz.

Hello everybody, my first post on this site. I am currently spending the majority of my free time reading and learning in preparation for trading indices part time.

Still unsure of which:

charting package to use, have heard good things about e-signal but unaware of others that will offer live mini dow, mini russell, mini S&P, FTSE DAX etc.

Which broker again reccomendations would lead to IB, but again I must investigate alternatives.

First impression of the site is that there is plenty of helpful individuals willing to share their experiences with the less informed, however there is so much information available that I may be 106 before I make a trade

Hi, this is my first post. I have been trading various instruments successfully for a number of years and developed strategies and trading systems to beat the market.

I am continuously trying to develop new ideas and methodologies for highly profitable trades and will be interested to hear from anyone who has developed successful systems to exchange ideas.

Hi i work at a prop trading firm, am learning so much every day and trade the FTSE at present...looking to get onto DAX then spooze eventually.

Love this job.

Boiler Room Morgan

Hello

Wondering if anyone has been attacked by Boiler Room fraudsters, Morgan Advisors, anyone know where they are contact details etc...

Hi all

I am a trainee FTSE trader who is now on simulator and really enjoy my work I am glad to meet friends who trade indice and have a discussion

cheers

First impression of the site is that there is plenty of helpful individuals willing to share their experiences with the less informed, however there is so much information available that I may be 106 before I make a trade

Excellent (y)

The first rule of trading is....protect your trading pot.

Hi all

I'm a very green trader, this is my second week trading. The "day job" is a software architect for a fortune 500 company.

I've always had a fascination with stock markets and kept up with them. More recently, I have studied pretty carefully how the "bad news" stocks trade intraday.

For a month or so I "paper traded" the bad news stocks and was very successful at it. So I scraped together some coins and funded a stock account for daytrading.

My first day was a catastrophe. At first I followed my papertrade "system" but was only up $150 (taking small trades in order to dip my toes in the water). I felt that was totally not enough but my "system" is pretty much just premarket and early morning and that was over by now, so I started looking for a momentum play (why, I do not know!). I got "whiplashed" by the fed OMC announcement which I knew was coming and knew I shouldn't trade, but tried to trade anyway thinking I was "smart enough" to make some nice money there. HAHAHAHAHHAHAAA!

I was trading LEH, I knew better than to do it but kept buying positions at whiplash tops and selling short at whiplash bottoms as the stock bounced like a pogo stick. Finally I got in the correct position (long) and cut my loss in half by the time the move finished and hit my stop.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anyway since then I have made a couple round trips a day and been basically flat or positive every day. I only broke discipline once, when I let a short squeeze on a bad news stock run past my initial stops (kept moving stops up and up cuz I was sure the stock would head back down in the afternoon). It was a CRAZY squeeze, the bad news stock eventually went green for the day after being off 15% earlier. I was right on that bet -- the stock dropped like a rock shortly and I got rewarded for my stupidity. Should have stopped out of the trade and gotten short later on after confirmation that the squeeze was over. That would have been a 4 times bigger win with much less downside risk!

Anyway I am up a few percent in profits from my account open, trading mostly very small positions since my first day of complete idiocy. I am scared to put more money behind each trade right now -- it does something to my psychology and I get stupid. . .

I'm in the game for now and hopefully won't "blow up" again and will learn good discipline and make money for the long haul.

Nice to meet all of you folks. . .

hello,,,sharky..thnks for ur welcome mess
i ma fom india,,,calcutta.basically a trader/ investor in stcok market ,i use metatsock 8 for my technical analysis,,,and glad to join this forum,,
basically in serach of new indiactors / system working on metastock for stocks.

if any can give me good links of this forum,,i shlal be grateful
renu

Hey Sharky,

My popup blocker stopped your welcome..so thanks anyway.

I'm in Eastern part of Canada..well central east.

I trade emini ES, YM..swing/daytrade...pts the easy way I call it....I swing ER now and then at the new extremes....

All I need in my arsenal is a good caller service...1-2 trades a day...knows direction...and gets 10-25 pts. I have an idea where the market is going most days..just need to confirm my entry pts..then I know the exit. Funny....yes I know. I try to make 1 or 2 trades a day only. sideways days..I dont to too good...a few pts... or break even.

There was a trader called Tradergod who did this...in 2006. He was so good he left to join the big leagues....and stopped his service. Only $60 a week....steal of the decade. I liked his style...1 trade or two...got great number of points. Best trader and service I came across.

Trying to find a similar caller...have to look hard..most are useless....sp500guru.com great for globex..and good with time calls...but did not find any calls like 1 pt stop 1348 short 1347 target 1325 in 40 mins...as he says in one of those magazines. Never see him do that for the 1 month I was there last month.

Also looking for a daytrader who gives calls on Corn/wheat or soybeans. I like corn..good hours and $50 a pt...get up late..less headache than financials.

Sorry I ramble on...but thank you for your welcome.