Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello all. New to the Trade2Win community and hope to learn a bunch from everyone. If anyone needs any advice or assistance regarding offshore structures through which to open brokerage accounts please let me know. Maybe I can give back something of worth for all of the good trading information I will learn on here.

Best,
Bobby (Sterling Offshore)

Welcome, feel free to start a thread, there may be some interest.

cv

I agree with CV, Bobby.

If you are a vendor of such things though, edit your profile (UserCP, edit profile) and tick the "I'm a vendor" box and feel free to add your home page to your profile. That way if someone is interested they can follow it back.

With a few exceptions we're vendor friendly (lol) as long as you seem to be a contributor and don't directly advertise in threads you participate in or start. If a contributing member says "where can I find information on something" and your company is an answer then you can post the link ... just don't overdo it and don't be totally surprised if in a fit of enthusiasm one of the mods deletes a link.

If you do start a thread with an honest, educative discussion of the things your company is involved in then you can also expect that posts that attack your discussion in a personal or overbearing manner will be removed by the mods. Feel free to hit the complain button in such a situation.

Our standard will be "contribution to the community" but with a bias to "free speech."

Welcome :)

Hey All,

I just joined this site. I am a university student studying Economics and Accounting. I decided I want to apply for jobs in trading firms once I finish my Honours in Economics so I just came on this site to try and learn as much as I can to give me the best chance of getting a job.

I just started reading the first Steps thread and it looks great!!

hi all,
i'm new here and preaty new to the forex market, just about ready to start trading with more significant volumes, i've been using avfx platform with no particular problems i would love to hear your opinion on it or on any other platform you recommend.
take care
dragon34

Hello Everybody,

I've been in the market for a little over two years now. Most of my funds are in the long term market like the S&P 500. Although I do trade shorter term at 3 months to a year. I am thinking of changing that and pick up the speed some. I think this site may be good for me to get the info I need to step it up some.

My biggest screw up was with Apple stocks. I bought at $61 and sold around $85. So I kick myself now and then, but move on. That's life!

hello to fxboss and the community

Hello Guys, I have been DEMO trading for about a year and a half now and would like to be more serious and go pro by end of June or so. This I can achieve if I get the opportunity to rub minds with kind and understanding fellow traders. I trade on the FX market mainly but would also like to learn how to trade stocks, futures, S&P 500,options etc.

Thanks for taking your time to read my message.

I'll give you my opinion as you so kindly asked for it. English not being my first language, I might have missed something out of your massage. Now, from what I've understood, I don't think you can go from paper trading straight to "pro" status. There is the step of trading with actual money to be successfully achieved before graduating as a regularly effective trader. As Mark Douglass put in his book TRADERS, ENTER THE ZONE, it takes much more than being able to accuretely analyse the markets to be a master, you've got to aquire the trader's mindset BEFORE.

For my introduction? as this is my first post on this board, I have been learning since 2 years and trading since about a year now, both paper and live . I first tried stocks but switched to day trading indices. I've taken a few live courses and seminars and read about ten books on the subjet, and am still far from having broken even and got it right, but starting to pinpoint the weak zones.

I live between Brussels and Luxembourg in Europe and would appreciate to meet fellow traders in the "E411" area.

Take care,

YieHom

Greetings

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Greetings

My names is James A. Hyerczyk. I trade and analyze using pattern, price and time so I guess I can be categorized as a Gann Analyst. I'm an old school analyst. I'm computer literate, but prefer to build and update large charts by hand. I get a better feel of the markets that way. I will trade anything or any style that gives me a positive expectancy. I am a stats driven trader. I keep records of everything.

I have a working knowledge of financial astrology. This means that I know what i have to know to identify cycles or the cause of cycles. I have seen or had access to a lot of Gann's original material. I'm not a Gann fanatic. I use enough of his tools to get the job done. I try to keep it simple and direct when responding to Gann questions. He has been dead longer than the material covered in his books.

I believe that I am as good as my last trade or analysis. I also believe that trading is at least 90% mental and 10% mechanical. I try to learn from everyone I have contact with. I have a lot of experience and willing to share, however, I have one rule that I think everyone who does their own work should have: Don't ask me my opinion about a market, just to give me yours. I think its great to help others, but when you start to tell me what you think about the market then I will shut down. This isn't because I think I'm better, it's because I know after 25 years that too much outside information can cloud my judgement. I believe in doing my own work and encourage others to do the same.

I am willing to help others with just about anything technical. I am especially good at back engineering trades and trading systems. I find that most problems with technical analysis and trading systems is the lack of clarity in the development stage and combining contradictory indicators. In other words, the trader usually doesn't have a clear idea as to what he wants the system to do and the indicators he is using are not complementary.

In summary, trading is like hitting a golf ball or baseball. You know the mechanics,but the majority of issues are in your head. Sometimes you hit the top or the ball, sometimes the bottom, but the best drive comes from hitting the sweet spot with everything you have. This is my challenge as a trader, not to get the top or the bottom, but to nail the sweet spot with everything I have and to make my money quickly and efficiently.

I hope this helps you understand what I'm all about. I am really looking forward to further developing my skills and helping others within your network.

hi smithleo

Hello Sharky, Hello Everybody,
My name is smithleo, and i am still paper trading ,Really want to trade live but just trying to be well informed before taking the dive.Hope to be encouraged with the posts on this forum. Hope to learn from you all.

I am a newbie but a little further down the road than you.
I have been trading for real for 3 months now and have learnt the following-
1.Do not get bogged down with the offers of systems, whether cheap or extortianate.
2.Better to learn take advice from brilliant sites like this and all the advice given by experienced , knowledgeable and very helpful contributors.
3.Only you can decide your future trading methods.
4.This will depend upon lots of things like-
the amount of your initial bank-
your choice of trading (intra-day trading ,scalping, longer term)-
the commodities you want to trade-
5.What I have learned is-
to write a trading plan-
stick to it -
choose a reliable broker (I use IG Index )
open an account with cash you can afford to lose
be very selective on what you trade ( I do GBP/USD mainly )
you can always expand as you gain experience
get your win/loss ratio right- 2/1 seems OK to me
at first set an average weekly target profit -mine is currently 50 pips per week
learn to take losses without beating yourself up
use indicators you are comfortable with (such as RSI,stochastics ,EMA )
VERY IMPORTANT-do not risk more than about 1% of your bank on any trade
increase stakes gradually as your bank grows and you gain experince

I will have missed something but those are my immediate thoughts.
Good Luck

hi,
i'm an active trader in a proprietary trading firm. i trade cotton futures on new york board of trade. i'm new in this domain and i have started trading in jan'08. i would love to add to my knowledge getting inputs from various experienced traders on the forum.

i would like to exchange my views on various aspects in trading commodities futures.

Hello - I am new to this board and have been trading futures for just over a year. I trade using ichimoku clouds and/or pivot points with GMA.

Look forward to sharing and learning with you all!

:clap:

Hi all, im not new to trading but still am kinda new to it. I am self taught and have made some good decisions and bad ones. I would like to make better decisions on a constant note. I have open ears and will listen.

Hello to all !!

I am a day trader trading in stocks and commodities in India . I request all my seniors to help me clearing my technical doubts, if I come across any.

Regards

Hi,

I'm new to trading but I've worked near traders and admired their confidence and their cars!

I hope to learn enough to gain some of the advantages that being able to trade can offer.

Honey

Scholarjack says hello

Hello,
I'v been spread trading for about 6 months and just holding my own.Basically sharpening my charting skills and trying to develope a strategy that suits me.I'm a hands on type of person and insatiably curious about how things work.I'm hoping that some of that curiousity will be satisfied here.
Wishing everyone elegant entries and profitable trading.
John aka Scholarjack

Hi everyone at t2w there are some very good posts on this forum,and I get the view the majority are short term traders.I tend to go longer term 1 to 2 months with bigger stops,but everyone has there own style,and if it works for you then don't change it,

Darren

Not again

My name is Andy

Other past aka"s .....develbis ...........Pinkpig

I decided to become a full time trader at march contract expiry

Last years trading says................Go for it

Start proper after Easter break (Having 2 weeks off)

so back to the beginning again for me

rep points here please :)

Last edited:
Hi everybody,(y)
Just a short note to introduce myself. Joined Trade2win today. I live in Spain. I am new into trading.

Been mostly trading IBEX35 equities and (Spanish market) until recently. Trying to learn TA (God please give me patience):sleep:

Got a lot to learn and ask you guys! So please have some patience with me!

Will be visiting the boards and chat rooms regularly from now.

Thanks,
Gul

Hi Sharky thanks for the welcome message!:D

Last edited:
Hi,all,
Newbie on this forum,but trading since past 3-4yrs!
Wish to make substantial gains or rather recover my losses sustained in the past in forex trading.
I am learning new things,techniques,tips and tricks each and every day,which makes the trading optimistic.I like to trade the euro/usd and usd/jpy pairs,but it all depends on the trend.
I am interested in options trading on forex.I use oanda,fxcm,ibfx,etc but really Not made big money still and desperately looking for the opportunity.

caprico69

Last edited: