Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi I am gurmukh I have been trading mostly bineries, las 2 yours i manage to make 34000, in the last 3 months i have lost 40000.I am extremly depressed can't believe whats happened...can any one help pleaase.
thanks

hi everyone...nice to know everyone here.
I am new to forex and would like to focus more on forex.
I want to become fulltime forex trader ( if god willing ) and
my favourite is EUR/GBP.
I like EUR/GBP because it violetile and can be both win and loose easily.
I may start with US$3,000 when I get my bonus/salary from my current employer ( in march 2008 )
I am searching/learning more on the trend, circulation movement of pips ( rollover length ) etc.

ok guys....that's all. :)

Any tips from you guys are very much appreciated. :)

First of all, a warm welcome to you all.

I noticed the post about losing 40k so felt I should reply to everyone who's new to trading.

1) use a demo account until you find a suitably profitable strategy that works in the long term.
2) learn about discipline: the biggest influence on you losing money is you.
3) learn about money management: you may survive long enough to actually find a winning system that works for you rather than blow your account in 3 easy steps.

Above all are tracts of a figheter.....Coming from a Ninja...!

Can be translated as.......

1 Learn and Practice for ever. (PRACTICE / LEARN THE ART)
2 Develop Mental Discipline without Emotion. (NO EMOTION / MENTAL DISCIPLINE)
3 Conserve Energy to fight faster and longer. (STOP LOSS / SAVE MONEY)

Good stuff indeed.....

Hi all!!!

my name is Terry, until just over a year ago I didnt know trading exsisted!!. I bought a course (£2500) worth,and have got totally engrosed in trading.Ive probably spent about £5k so far + most of my spare time studying, much to my loving fiancee, Eves disgust!!
At the moment I live in Bedford UK,and I dream of giving up work(selling high end conservatories/window ect) to spend time at home . Target??? £75/100k p.a. O.K I`m a dreamer, but I could see it being done, must be some people doing well??:cool:
"Dont tell im ya name Pike"

This is a new sticky thread in the General Trading Chat forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

Hello and my name is.....

Wee notice says I'm to post so here goes...

My name is Jayne, I have a reasonable portfolio of property/equities but would like to trade instead of invest and hold. Currently reading lots of books, surfing, etc. At some point, I'll get on with actually doing something!! (y)

Hola

Hi All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to this forum which seems nice and active, always good.

So a bit about me and my story: I run a small marketing business with my partner (you can see it here: Experiential Marketing by Hotcow) and we have been running various business ventures for the last 6 years together. This business however has been our greatest success.

So now that there are actually a bit of funds available to me, I have regained a bit of interest in the stock markets etc... especially after talking with my brother-in-law in australia. He seems to be currently being conned out of all his money attending a FX trading course promising him to be a millionaire in a very short space of time! He told me that they expect 80% returns each month, so on that basis I did the figures on £2000 and told him he should own the entire wealth of the globe within about 2 1/2 years!
Anyway, i've been doing a tonne of research, finding descent sites to follow, places to chat with other traders etc.... And I'm glad to have found this site among the very wide web.

So, after a painful start investing £1600 in AAPL with a CFD two weeks ago, I have learnt various invaluable lessons and am now speedily learning all that I can, and trading with a demo account!
I hope I am welcomed here and that in time I get to meet a few of you from the site. (btw. I live in Richmond if anyone lives near-by).

Happy FX-Trading.

Hi Yall,

my name is jaytrader. Together with buddy we spent hundreds of hours
putting together Charttrainer as a training site for technical
analysis.

I trade CFDs. You can see my trades at
Charttrainer

I used to trade very successfull but recently I got screwed in these wild markets...

course

Which course did you buy? Is it good?

I think so, PENTATRADEok, everything is out there if you look long enough, but its all in a manual,dvds, &&idiot proof tution.took me from knowing absolute zero! to being the total expert that i am now:cheesy:ha ha

The book option sounds good.

enjoy and welcome to T2W .

thanks for the advice!! Maybe I'll just go hang out at the ball with shadow ninja instead!! Seriously, though, it's been fascinating to read the different responses to my post re the maths question.

What am i doing?

Hello,

My name is dave and i know nothing!

I live in the North East of England and until recently used to work 15 hours a day five days a week for about £250 a week. I have always been interested in stocks, shares and markets ever since my nan used to tell me about all the stocks etc she used to have and trade.

After one very cold and wet night shift in December i decided there has to another way. My family had forgotten what i looked like and my health was beginning to suffer. I walked away then and haven't worked since. I have enough cash in the bank for about six months so decided to get some education. After reading internet bits and bobs,talking to a few friends who say they know about the industry and attending the free seminars about stock market wealth (you know the ones) i have decided to have a go.

So i have six months to learn a bit about trading etc, get together a system that will pay me a wage and try to sort my life out at the same time. Once again i have no experience of this industry, limited funds and limited knowledge of these forums or internet trading.

I am going to write a diary in the blog section if i can find out how to do it! listing what i have done, not done and forgotten to do. So interesting reading there no doubt, So that's me you all may think i'm daft and stupid for doing this but for me 15 hours cold and wet not feeling your fingers is daft and stupid.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Cheers.

dave348gin

I am New To trading

Hi,

Just Landed a Job as a Trainee Broker purely by luck and charm!! I am 30 have had many different careers andhoping to make lots of money.I want to know where can I get FREE samples of the securities papers thati may need for the job. I start in about 4 weeks and wanted to get a head start

I Know Nothing!

Hello everyone,

Written this once already but think i deleted it by accident so this is the brief second version.

My name is Dave and i live in the North East of England.

Sick of working 15 hour shifts in the wet and cold and due to my health have some time off now after walking away from that job in December. I have until the 1st of July to sort out something that can give me about £250 a week. A brainwave idea that i could make some money out of the markets came to me so here we are.

Have no knowledge of the markets, trading or anything a complete Newbie. Have some knowledge of compters but have never used a forum like this. I am going to be writing a blog for the next six months to chart how i am doing so if you've had a crap day look over that and things might not seem so bad.

Any advice at this point would be very helpful (Neg advice has already been aired by family and friends but feel free to pile it on).

Anyway enough of the chat i have some planning to do!!!!!!!

Nice to meet you all.

Cheers,

dave348gin

Hi Hunter!

You´re exactly what we are seeking... experienced traders that can help others by posting their traders, commenting on charts, commenting on the market, explaining techniques, etc.

Please give a look at Charttrainer or directly at my posted trades at Charttrainer
Maybe you would like to join in and show your trades and build up a community of fans?
BTW if you ever want to write a book, let me know :)
Thanks a million & have a great time trading!
jay

Hello guys...I'm Nazzer from Malaysia..very fresh in trading..abt 10 months, looking for new experience and gain more knowledge..TQ

v_anandkumar(new user)

:clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover:i am anandkumar from coimbatore , working in apollo sindhuri capital investmtns as a branch manager

with warm regards
anandkumar

Most Asian nations to weather US slowdown: S&P

Most Asian governments can probably withstand a US economic slowdown without the risk of a cut to their credit ratings because the region still has “robust growth prospects”, Standard & Poor’s said.

The ratings company, in a report on Monday, said it doesn’t see any potential credit impact from a US recession on 16 of the 22 economies that it monitors in the region. Still, a recession in the US this year means there is “limited scope” for credit rating upgrades, credit analyst Agost Benard wrote.

“The countries most susceptible to export declines tend to have a diverse economic base, robust foreign reserves cushion, and highly adaptable economies,” Benard said.

“Countries identified as most exposed to a sharp fall in US import demand would, in all likelihood, be able to ride out such a scenario without any adverse impact on their rating.”

China’s appetite for raw materials and other goods purchased from its Asian neighbours has helped the region weather a slowdown in demand from the US, which is mired in the worst housing slump in 16 years. Domestic demand and intra-regional trade may offset slowing US orders, S&P said.

Still, economists say Asia’s export-dependent economies will be among those hardest hit as the US slips into a recession.

Asia is almost twice as reliant on exports as the rest of the world, with 60 per cent of shipments abroad ultimately destined for the US, Europe and Japan.