Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi, i am Emmanuel from Nigeria , a graduate of Industrial chemistry and have been trading forex for three years now but became a full time trader late last year and i would say it has not been easy but i am getting along,my trading techniques are basically moving averages and i am open to any help from the community in becoming a better trader.

Greetings

I am Wakka. Just getting into trading. Been making paper losses for a while now. Read a book so now I think Ive got it sussed! :party:

Decided to jump in today and made my first trade. Bought 175 FDL @ 569.59 thinking that the price had reached its lowest. Spent a few agonising hours as the price continued to drop.

Think it went up at the end of the day, but am really confused as to what the price of this share actually is now. The broker says its 548.25, yahoo (delayed) says its 580 and other supposedly live site says its 570..

Still its all to play for tommorrow. The past few days have taught me that the closing price =/= the next day opening price.

I need to lie down.

Cheers

Hi traders

I am Dominique, 45, was for over 20 years in High-Tech, last 10+ years in R&D & PLM senior management. Decided to change career and become a full-time trader 2 years ago, after my 3rd burn-out in high-tech...

These last 2 years have been an ongoing learning experience, I tried swing trading stocks (& options), spread trading the indices, to settle on day-trading the SPX futures - aka emini ES.

I am currently trading out of Price Action (S/R, Double Tops/Bottoms/ High/Low Failures), and using Fibs for entries in PB. Somewhat profitable on sim, just (re-)started trading my real account.

Looking forward to all improvement opportunities...

Cheers
Dominique

Try a demo account to save risking real money.

Yeah, have been. Sometimes winning, sometimes losing. Nothing quite like putting in some real money to keep the concentration going. Only put 1k in which I can afford to lose. Think Ill learn a lot more this way.

I lost on that trade. £10 down. Bummer although luckily I put in quite a tight stop otherwise Id have lost a more by the looks of it. I chose the wrong share on the day. Other shares were jumping up and I chose the dud..

hello all of u there.iam gopinathan from bangalore India and into parttime trading for the last two years in futures.
i have recently installed a advanced get software and want to share trading ideas with all.thanks

hello I'm new

hello everybody

I first got interested in trading a few years ago, it's the idea of success and 'beating a system' that appeals to me because I've since found out by buying Trading the Easy Way that although I believe the system contained in the course works, I can't get my head around it. Everyone else on this thread seems to be describing themselves as analytical and into number crunching, well although i got an o level in maths (how's that for a measure of age? Funny how i'd rather be vain by showing you all i got a 'superior' qualification to the much maligned gcse rather than pretend to be a young filly of 20 something!!) i've always been an arty type. What i want to know is can a non-number-cruncher make money trading? Because i'm a fan of the money!`
Also, are there many other lay-deez on the site? Should i give it up and write that best seller? I work as a counsellor and coach at the moment, just moving into business coaching to create and motivate leaders for the benefit of the company's profit and I've been subscribing to Andrew Reynolds cash on demand. Nice to meet you all and thanks Sharky:confused::innocent:

Yeah, have been. Sometimes winning, sometimes losing. Nothing quite like putting in some real money to keep the concentration going. Only put 1k in which I can afford to lose. Think Ill learn a lot more this way.

I lost on that trade. £10 down. Bummer although luckily I put in quite a tight stop otherwise Id have lost a more by the looks of it. I chose the wrong share on the day. Other shares were jumping up and I chose the dud..

As long as you practice good money management, you should be able to see some of that £1k when you start to make some money.

What i want to know is can a non-number-cruncher make money trading?

Don't think you need much maths beyond basic sums and the ability to read a chart.

I believe anyone can trade if they can overcome themselves. And therein lies the problem. As a counsellor you probably know that far more people have unresolved issues than you'd have thought; and that many (most?) of these people do not realise they have a problem, which means they have a huge battle to become a successful trader - you cannot fight the monster that you cannot see. (I work in psychotherapy.)

hello everybody

I first got interested in trading a few years ago, it's the idea of success and 'beating a system' that appeals to me because I've since found out by buying Trading the Easy Way that although I believe the system contained in the course works, I can't get my head around it. Everyone else on this thread seems to be describing themselves as analytical and into number crunching, well although i got an o level in maths (how's that for a measure of age? Funny how i'd rather be vain by showing you all i got a 'superior' qualification to the much maligned gcse rather than pretend to be a young filly of 20 something!!) i've always been an arty type. What i want to know is can a non-number-cruncher make money trading? Because i'm a fan of the money!`
Also, are there many other lay-deez on the site? Should i give it up and write that best seller? I work as a counsellor and coach at the moment, just moving into business coaching to create and motivate leaders for the benefit of the company's profit and I've been subscribing to Andrew Reynolds cash on demand. Nice to meet you all and thanks Sharky:confused::innocent:

The book option sounds good.

enjoy and welcome to T2W .

Don't think you need much maths beyond basic sums and the ability to read a chart.

"I believe anyone can trade if they can overcome themselves. And therein lies the problem." Theres a book A NEW EARTH by Eckhart Tolle that sums up all lifes roadbumps as a result of the ego,really simple and to the point,if you are going to trade successfully you need to have your ego in check,good read

hello everybody

I would have thought an intuitive understanding of probability and logic (especially some common fallacies - arty types have a problem with these, which is why they vote Labour and ) are pretty much essential. Others will disagree of course, but to me the advice that "anyone can be a trader" is pretty dangerous.

On the other hand, an abstract kind of "empathy" with the market is something than an arty type should be good at developing.

Mental arithmetic and advanced maths skills are always going to be of help, but they're not essential for all products. Frankly you'd be an imbecile to be trading anything exotic without them though.

Final advice: give it a go anyway. A trader who spots an opportunity takes it! But be 100% ready to lose every single penny

Me

Hi all! (Hi Nick! Hi Dave!)

Sounds like a nice thread to join for a semi-lurker such as myself. Here goes....

I'm 30, married with a li'l baby girl (my name is based on the fact that she kept trying to jump and didn't know how. She seemed to think that screaming 'GUMPING!!' very loudly and lifting her head were enough to get her airborne!)

I have a doctorate in chemistry and have a day-job doing drug discovery research at one of those Big Pharma type companies that we all hate.

As for trading, I paid some dodgy seminar tutor to teach me :eek:

However, I used one of the strategies i learnt from him to good effect trading UK stocks. However, having a bubby took it's toll on my trading capital, and I'm now trying to demo a system on forex to take advantage of the leverage - currently trade EUR/USD eod from home in the evenings. I'm still trying to get to grips with trading it live though - my paper-trades were awesome!

Greetings to all

Hello All,
I am a constantly and increasingly confused chap aged 68 years. I live with my wife in West Sussex near Chichester. In my former existence I was a clinical biochemist and from this background it seems natural for me to approach trading mainly from the technical analysis perspective. Since starting trading some 15 years ago I have harboured a crazy dream that one day I may actually profit from investing in the markets! I started swing trading using EOD data in the UK equities, but have over the past year or so been trading intra-day Cable and EUR/USD. After 131 trades my experience has been a mixture of excitement and frustration. I am however thoroughly enjoying the journey both of discovering new trading systems and the revelations regarding my psychological responses to the real trading environment. My account has recently just dipped into the red. BUT, I SHALL DREAM ON!

Thanks Sharky - your site looks like a very good place to be around.

New Member Introduction

Good day, I am a 50 y.o. young man, who is about to begin a career as a hospital pharmacist. I have a keen interest in anti-aging medicine and longevity.

After reading several of the postings on this site, I feel being as if blessed with grace-waves from heaven. It is apparent that this community is comprised of inestimably talented individuals who could fill a Who's Who of Investing. I felt a great vibe of giving and sharing of undisclosed secrets.

Thank you for being there. Presently I have a duty to invest a recent 100K inheritance, in a currency of the verge of collapse. I hope to learn how to use technical analysis and matrices to buy options on futures (i.e., commodities & currencies).

I have wandered into new dimensions. Sincerely,
Mike

Hi everybody. My name is Iztok , live in Slovenia, Ljubljana for quite some time. Learning forex for years and now try to live from it. The rules which said 90% vs 10% is correct. I can prove it with my pocket :)

Still loking for any convesation about Forex speciality GBD/YEN.
Why ? Becouse I spend a year with EUR/USD and cabel waiting for "move".
9 pips spread : is it hard to win ? If u can`t make it, stay at home they siad to me. So I started.

The only big mistake in my life was, that I find possibility to trade on Forex so late. (before about 3 years).

Anyhow good luck to all.

Hi all,

Im 26 and have been interested in trading for a few years now - i have recently completed a degree in Banking & international finance at CASS in london and am now working in the city. I have been "lurking" on here for a while (and other forums - not just trading ones) but have finally decided to start posting on here. Am impressed with the discussions on the boards and look forward to contributing. I have recently been trading the Dow via spreadbetting - so far have just been punting on the recent volatility however am looking to refine my trading skills and methods and diversify into other markets. I have studied some technical analysis at uni and read various books but my job involves more general macro environment study so hopefully I can use the two to trade a bit more succesfully and offer my views

Alien