Sticky Introduce Yourself

novice trader

This is a new sticky thread in the General Trading Chat forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

first i'd like to say hi, and thank you to everybody out there for allowing me to join i sorry to say i won't be able to give any advice to all of you but i hope i may be able to glean some from everyone here. my name mike and i live michigan and just started trading in the U.S. markets.thanks again. but all for now for i'm not a very fast typer.so i'll mostly listening alot. regards,mike

Hi folks - I'm a 34 year old trader/webmaster living in Chicago - although I grew up in London (seems like there are alot of Brits on this forum!). Still make it back to blighty a couple of times a year. I started out my trading career with stocks in the late '90's, then moved on to futures. I also have an interest in the fx market. I'm a technical trader, and am becoming more of a long term trader, prefering to spend less time in front of the PC. Look forward to seeing y'all on the boards!

Hi everyone...

I hope you are all well...

I wanted to introduce myself to you all. I have been in and out of trading since i graduated 10 years ago. I Worked in the city for 5 years and I must admit i found it difficult to begin with but managed to do ok...Since then i have been doing this from home and dabbling with other business opportunities.

I have taught myself how to trade from home and i do pretty well out of it but never joined these sites b4.

I trade 9/10 currency pairs, Gold, Crude and a few Indexes.

Keen to meet guys out there... see whats going on.

Cheers

Hello!

I am 25 years old living in Slovenia. I started learning about the stock market two years ago. I started to trade one year ago. Mostly I swing trade certificats, warrants, cfd and gold on FX.

Regards,
Erik

Hi all money making people!
I joined today and have not stopped reading the forums and articles and everything...I love the site!!! Anyway I live in Putney, London SW15 and am yet to enter the world of finance.
I work as Sales and Marketing Director - international property/emerging markets and quite frankly I have had it...From 1999 - 2004 I was an MD for a Development Company building residential projects in Budapest...Anyway, I have thought of becoming a Stockbroker for some time now and strive towards Trading but at 43 I think I would be setting myself up to fail. After reading some of the forums on becoming a stockbroker and/or a trader, I'm now convinced that I should use my experience in property investments and work towards becoming a fund manager.
I will need all the help I can get in choosing the best qualifications on the market, training and route to...Do I go for a Diploma or Certificate, do I choose private client or institutional route, can I get trainee posts at my age (although I look 21 and am quite cute - hah)...Help!!!!
Anita

Hello all, I an new here from Pakistan and wanna learn about FOREX trading. you guys will help me ?

Best Regards.

Hey all,

I work for a stockbrokers trading AIM listed stock, and have come here to gain further insight into other area's of the financial world, network and learn a few things.

Best of luck to everyone for 2008 trading.

hi. my name is vendy. i am from indonesia. i trade option & forex right now.

HI, It is my the "PolarBear" active trader

Hi everyone.

My Name is Saleh from Saudi Arabia, active stock trader in Saudi Arabia and technical analyst.

You can just call me "Polar Bear" or "PB".

Hi There,
Im Kenny, 30, in the US. I like options and currencies, still learning and working hard. I day trade because I like the extra time with my family.

New to T2W, was introduced through an investment group I joined recently. Look forward to building a library of trading resources.

John here

Hello everybody,

My name's John and I'm here because I'm interested in learning more about Forex trading. I'm a long time poker player and options trader, but totally new to Forex. What interests me in Forex is the opportunity to trade with systems.

I look forward to learning and contributing here,

John

Hi, I am James, 45. Living in S'pore. Zero experience, still learning. Trying to go into futures .. I can't say too much for now, the next 6 months would be more significant to my life onwards.

Thanks!

CFD Brokers

Hi
I am Matin, I am very new in this field. I am at the present working as financial adviser and mortgage broker . I am trying to extend my business and skill in CFD and hence I been visited many many website,brokers site, and found Trade2Win one of the best forum. Now for CFD new business I need following help from my expert and experienced members from this forum: 1) CFD very good flatform and brokers, though I contacted with CMC and GNI 2) CFD and Spread betting very good information and charts providers 3) CFD tutorials 4) Any group office rent where other experienced brokers are there, Though I have a very good office in near Liverpool street for my mortgage broker business 5) any almost new books, video ,software sellers.
Thank you.
Matin

Cfa & Imc

Hi all money making people!
I joined today and have not stopped reading the forums and articles and everything...I love the site!!! Anyway I live in Putney, London SW15 and am yet to enter the world of finance.
I work as Sales and Marketing Director - international property/emerging markets and quite frankly I have had it...From 1999 - 2004 I was an MD for a Development Company building residential projects in Budapest...Anyway, I have thought of becoming a Stockbroker for some time now and strive towards Trading but at 43 I think I would be setting myself up to fail. After reading some of the forums on becoming a stockbroker and/or a trader, I'm now convinced that I should use my experience in property investments and work towards becoming a fund manager.
I will need all the help I can get in choosing the best qualifications on the market, training and route to...Do I go for a Diploma or Certificate, do I choose private client or institutional route, can I get trainee posts at my age (although I look 21 and am quite cute - hah)...Help!!!!
Anita

Hi Anita,

I am very new like you, but I am working as financial Adviser and Mortgage Broker in London, and found stocktraders,fund managers,investmentmanager,asset management all are very high income profession and I visited an open day with 7 City training in moorgate where they explain all about training in best course CFA and IMC which details you can find in UKSIP website.
Thank you
Matin

West Aussie trader from Perth saying hello to everyone

Been trading the futuress markets for about 12 months now - the first half of 2007 saw a mixed bag of results - the most exciting when I made a month's salary Selling the SPI in first 15 min opening - that got me addicted...lol as I had NO IDEA YOU COULD SELL A MARKET AND MAKE A PACKET OF MONEY !! Made more selling than buying so far

The second half of the year I have been doing some intense back-testing and expanding the markets to include FTSE, DAX and Hang Seng as SPI is too choppy to trade while doing my day job.

I've also been looking for a robust trading platform - what do pple on here recommend as the broker I use has a platform but doesn't have the capacity to export intraday to excel so i can run some formula's over the top...??

I'm a tech analyst in my day job and would like to move over to day trading full-time when I build my account to a point that I can support my mortgage - and pay the sucker off asap!

Sharky - you have built a fantastic site and the threads read so far are from intelligent and warm traders who it will be a pleasure to get to know over the comming months.

All the very best trading for 2008

Cheers,
Leonie
Perth WA

Interactive Brokers for brokerage with Sierra Chart for charting.

SC has worksheet functionality ... both native and using excel so it sounds like a good fit for what you're doing.

Interactive Brokers for brokerage with Sierra Chart for charting.

SC has worksheet functionality ... both native and using excel so it sounds like a good fit for what you're doing.

Hey thanks - will go and check them out :D

Hello all

Just another snoopy newbie who has turned up at your door and is rummaging through your archives for pearls of wisdom. However, it feels comfortable here so, if you don't object, I'll just kick off my boots, take a bath and put my feet up for a while. You see, I need to build up a little energy because I have to knock that Bill Gates off his perch next month....... Should be a dawdle. Start big at £1 per shot on spread bets - have him on his knees in no time. No problem.
Enough. Old git - retired engineer. Delights in things technical and has a perverse fascination for the pseudo-scientific. (Am I in the right place?). Never been averse to taking a punt but now that I have the time I think I might just try to to convert those punts into place-kicks, with the aid of some of those pearls of widom that I am hunting for.....

Enjoy traditional charting and Elliott (when I can see him). Hot on the search for the Holy Grail of the breakout signal .

You have a pleasant site and long may it stay that way
Hello again
lectricderic

I'm Chris, while I have studied charting for what must be 10 years by now it has been very much stop/start. The total amount of trading I have done is very small, literally three or four. I am reluctant to commit to something unless I know it is working in the first place. During this long period of study I have done a lot of work on risk/money management and trading psychology. I suppose that I am still to be convinced of the workability of any system, though I have been testing the output of MTPredictor for some time. Though three years of results on common US/European Equities it appeared to do well for the first year (+30% in 2005), dwindle in the second year (+10 in 2006) and then flatline -5% for 07 (up to Sept so far).

I have tended to put other things first before trading activity. Those things being more immediate in terms of time. The fact that I'm fairly well off to start with means that there is an excuse for not doing more. I read a lot of the books on trading, I see the figures on failed traders and I wait to find a system that I will be able to follow without me or it failing. Yet through time we all fail to one degree or another. So I remain somewhat of a skeptic.