Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi Guys

I guess I will start this introduction by telling you my bitter sweet story, about how I embarked on the journey to becoming a self taught professional trader through the school of Hard Knocks and at what cost did I learn what trading is all about...

HINT: It is all about PROBABILITY - ODDS of winning to LOOSING, and ways of putting the odds in your favor!!!

I've been fighting the equities and currencies markets for the last 15 years to no avail, having lost more that $0.5M to the markets by following conventional bull**** trading techniques, the ones you get to learn from books and seminars everywhere...

What I have learned at the end was that the One Rule in trading is that there is No 100% Rule in TA, FA or News Plays!

You can have a TA signal - and it FAILS...
You read about a Fundamental that is just about to hatch - turns out you are too early as the move hasn't started yet in the right direction...
You expect some news to move the market in a logical direction - and the markets acts illogical...

Later on you learn that all indicators known to mankind are LAGGING, all the price action in the graphs is Price Action in hind site, that is irrelevant to future moves, volume doesn't mean anything (especially in FX as it is TICK only)...

So I was totally confused as no matter what trading system I will try and what new indicator I will use, the results were always devastating...

So one day I sat down, put my thinking hat on, and rewound my life tape and analyzed what happened, trying to answer myself the simple question. It was not natural to have lost so many times in a row. This is how I got into statistical analysis and Theory of Probability. It turned out, as I have latter discovered that I had a NEGATIVE EQUITY CURVE, as my loosing trades exceeded my winning ones. So basically I was trading on pure CHANCE and my LUCK SUCKED big time!

So I said to myself... Geee man, if you have done just the opposite to what you felt is your trading mind set, you would have been a SUPER STAR God damn it! And indeed, it appeared I was scoring 20% of the time, some tiny profits, while at the same time I taking some major heavy losses, as I was always on the wrong side of the Market. No matter what I do, the Market is against me. It felt as if someone was waiting to see me which side of the Market I will take, so that the Market can go in the other way! It was horrible...

This is how I embarked on the path of thinking Two Way trading... You never know when the Market will trick you, I said to myself, so why don't you start playing the Flip Side of the Market, just in case your Main Trading Idea (which was always the stupid one) FAILS! How can I create a system that can take advantage of my FAILURES and make me a NOT FAILURES (here my binary arithmetic skills have kicked in, I have to admit)... ;-)

If you are interested in the subject matter or want to share your experience, feel free to drop me a line in the forum...

Cheers

Hi Ray, I’ve just read your post and I’m concerned now!! Was the company called AAA Trade Ltd and based in Cyprus. What was the name of the chap you were dealing with?
Kind regards
Gary

Hi Gary, Its funny you should mention AAA trading because in some way they were connected to RNBinance, although now they will not admit to it. When I was first got involved with RNBinance [email protected] (who I dealt with) told me to open an account with AAA Trading of which I did. I think it was to give RNBinance the protection/legitimacy of the Cyprus regulatory authority who of course AAA trading are members. They must have got wind that RNBinance were dodgy and now they say they have got nothing to do with them. To Clarify RNBinance are the scam merchants so don't part with any money with them.
Ray

Intro from North Carolina

Just joined this group after looking at several others.

I currently trade US Stocks based on a model I've built using data from IBD that goes back to 2008. From this model I've been able to consistently find stocks that will move up to make a new 52-wk high at least 5 times within 90 days of making my watchlist. So far over the 10 year time frame its correct 82% of the time. I'm trying to learn ways to better manage both the money and the risk. This might make for a good option strategy but I know next to nothing about options. I've been actively trading for 15 years and have a finance background (CPA/CGMA/MBA). None of this makes me smart but certainly more curious.

Thanks for having me on board.

Jerry

Hi,
I trade since 2007 forex market. Since 2011 trade forex market for investors. I like to trade forex market, futures markets: oil futures contracts. I am a swing trader. Check my photo album with forex trading results. An MT4 terminal is the best.
Add me to your friends, let's stay in touch.
profit838

Last edited:
Hey this is Niclas,

I'm a futures and CFD day trader since 5 years and currently living in Bangkok. Always want to learn and share with other people.

My trading style is short term, average holding time about 8 minutes and specialized on the FDAX. Core philosophy is to find inner peace and less is more ;)

Started a blog two months ago niclashummel.com where I share some of my insights, write tutorials etc.

hello everyone , it's great to be able to know you all here, hopefully we can share trading knowledge

Mr

Hi everyone,am Sebastian from Kenya.I found this website as I was looking for another trading site and felt attracted.Am new to trading and I hope to learn a lot here,TIA.

Hi

I am Leanne. I have known about Trade2Win for a while, but only now got around to signing up. I have traded for a while, and have subscribed to a few signal providers. I joined here because I wanted to hear what other people had to say about signal providers and share my own experiences.

Hi, am new to this forum. Came across while browsing the internet. Trying to find out how to become a successful Fx trader.

Company called RNBINANCE - google them - conmen. they did trading for me but wouldn't pay any money out

I am a complete virgin to trading and as yet have not fully committed to Trendsignal

Hi Ray, I too have been scammed by them! Complete ******s

I have just made a website to warn other people about them, have a look.

www.rnbinance.net

Let me know what you think.

Ps.. Have you reported it? I have reported it to Action Fraud in the UK. I'm gobsmacked two weeks on from reporting them it's still up and running!!

Hi all

New to this forum, but have been trading for some times, about 2 years.

I am joining this forum because I have been trading alone, and now I would like to 'work' people other talents so that we can share ideas, and make further in this 'game'.

I have an idea of creating an open project, where we use a demo account, create an EA/algo on it, the strategy & money management will be defined by everyone. The idea is to gather everyone's power to create a profitable bot.

Trading should not be lonely, it should be fun and open!

I will soon make a post on general chat, keep in touch!

Hi Gary, Its funny you should mention AAA trading because in some way they were connected to RNBinance, although now they will not admit to it. When I was first got involved with RNBinance [email protected] (who I dealt with) told me to open an account with AAA Trading of which I did. I think it was to give RNBinance the protection/legitimacy of the Cyprus regulatory authority who of course AAA trading are members. They must have got wind that RNBinance were dodgy and now they say they have got nothing to do with them. To Clarify RNBinance are the scam merchants so don't part with any money with them.
Ray

Hi Ray, I too have been scammed by them! Complete ******s

I have just made a website to warn other people about them, have a look.

www.rnbinance.net

Let me know what you think.

Ps.. Have you reported it? I have reported it to Action Fraud in the UK. I'm gobsmacked two weeks on from reporting them it's still up and running!!
Hi John, *******s aren't they, Love your website. What more can be done to repay these conmen. I lost £8k what about you? Yes I completed the report form on Action fraud but I really don't expect any results from them - I am in the process of claiming the money back from my Credit cards - Lets keep in touch and report progress.

Hi John, *******s aren't they, Love your website. What more can be done to repay these conmen. I lost £8k what about you? Yes I completed the report form on Action fraud but I really don't expect any results from them - I am in the process of claiming the money back from my Credit cards - Lets keep in touch and report progress.

Hi Ray, Give me a call to dicuss them. I;m pleased you too have reported them to Action Fraud. I'm furious with how long it takes for them to pick it you though. It's a joke! The banks are just as bad!

Give me a call 07974 940995.

I'm glad you like my website aimed at them :) It won't prompt a reply from them.. but hey-ho it's better than doing nothing I guess.

Hello to everybody on the forum,

My name is Dave, I am interested in learning trading fundamentals with a view to establishing whether trading is something I could find useful - given my own constraints (psychological factors such as personality, risk proneness (i.e. be that risk prone or risk averse; financial constraints) - to establish a certain degree of financial freedom.

I have a PhD in behavioural neuroscience, but owing to the way things panned out after I completed my thesis, I ended up in a blue collar environment, and I haven't yet been able to make use of the skills I acquired during the 11 or so years I was at university. I've done a little bit of behavioural econ (temporal discounting, probability discounting) and have a general understanding of decision making processes, but my knowledge of trading, and of market fundamentals is pretty much none existent. Council estate breakfast tables don't tend to be associated with these concepts. I've always wondered as to how those decision making processes work out in the real world, rather than in a box containing a rodent.

I look forward to acquainting myself with the knowledge and wisdom this forum has to offer, and with the individual forum members, whose vast experience in this domain I am hoping to benefit from.

Hello. My name is Mark and I am a programmer and blogger. Recently I became interested in VPN and data protection issues. I love everything related to computers.