Sticky Introduce Yourself

hi everyone. I am new on this site too.
I have been trading forex mainly for about 7 years now.
manually but now via algo trading system.
takes the emotion away from manual trading and heavy losses that can occur when one doesnt close out losing trades in time...come on, you know we've all done that...

Retirement

Hi guys / girls - London here. Just pondering if I should delve in Forex as I head towards retirement!

Retirement is the best of time. Make sure you do your homework.
I am retired live in the states and have been trading ever since my retirement.
Go for it

Retirement is the best of time. Make sure you do your homework.
I am retired live in the states and have been trading ever since my retirement.
Go for it

Thank you for the welcome. Oh, I intend to do the homework. I don't think I'll ever be able to 'retire' as such so need something to keep me busy! I may begin before actual retirement - something to carry me through the transistion.

Hi I'm new to T2W. I wanted to be an option and forex trader and don't know where and how to start. I hope I came to the right place.

Hello everyone,

My name is Craig. I first started looking into trading last October as it is something that i have always been interested in but never progressed with it.

I first looked into trading stocks which then diverted to trading forex. I bought a couple of courses which to be honest were a waste of money, everything i got from that i could find anywhere on the internet.

I have only really traded live from March this year and i reckon i have only given about £1000 as a contribution to the markets for this education.

I have since started to lean towards trading the FTSE, or UK100 under my broker, i also look at the dax ( DE30 ) and SP500. Forex i seem to find a lot of market manipulation and i don't like the stop hunts, it seems a perfectly good trade can be ruined by this and then taken out only to see it go straight in the direction you anticipated.

Only downside i have right now is i don't want to trade a big account until i have a better understanding of how to trade and i dont want to trade a demo as i feel it doesn't give a true representation of what trading is really like.

My style of trading has a lot to do with support and resistance, plotting these key areas onto my charts for weekly, daily and 4hr. From there i wait until price reaches these zones and using this along side Stochastic it gives me an indication if price will go through these zones or pivot off them. I have no idea if this correct but i am determined to make this work.

I have said dozens of times that i am quitting cos i can't do this however, i really don't want to give up.

Hello everyone,

My name is Craig. I first started looking into trading last October as it is something that i have always been interested in but never progressed with it.

I first looked into trading stocks which then diverted to trading forex. I bought a couple of courses which to be honest were a waste of money, everything i got from that i could find anywhere on the internet.

I have only really traded live from March this year and i reckon i have only given about £1000 as a contribution to the markets for this education.

I have since started to lean towards trading the FTSE, or UK100 under my broker, i also look at the dax ( DE30 ) and SP500. Forex i seem to find a lot of market manipulation and i don't like the stop hunts, it seems a perfectly good trade can be ruined by this and then taken out only to see it go straight in the direction you anticipated.

Only downside i have right now is i don't want to trade a big account until i have a better understanding of how to trade and i dont want to trade a demo as i feel it doesn't give a true representation of what trading is really like.

My style of trading has a lot to do with support and resistance, plotting these key areas onto my charts for weekly, daily and 4hr. From there i wait until price reaches these zones and using this along side Stochastic it gives me an indication if price will go through these zones or pivot off them. I have no idea if this correct but i am determined to make this work.

I have said dozens of times that i am quitting cos i can't do this however, i really don't want to give up.

Write on a note pad one, or two things that you are trying to accomplish. Think about that long and hard. Then just focus on those items look at your strengths, weakness the reason look at your strengths and weakness play to your strengths.
Build off of that no one trading is easy I believe that trading is 80% mental.
Just my opinion. Don't give up

Hi again, I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with CFTR? I read about their results, which look so good, so I subscribed to the service. I just dont understand that whenever I get a signal, the market has already moved so far in direction of the call. I wanted to know if it was just me?

Hello. I have not long started to trade stocks and on the forum in order to find friends who trade on the thinkorswim platform. I would be grateful if you tell me where I could find information on this platform on the forum, and most importantly scripts for searching for stocks

Hello everyone!

Just a short note to introduce myself. I joined today after Googling for share trading forums. I am from the land down under and I have never done any form of trading before.

I have been watching lots of Youtube videos and read lots of self-help books on swing and day trading. I am getting very nervous as I prepare myself to pull the trigger and enter the market.

I will be visiting the boards and chat rooms more regularly and contribute to discussions.

Best Wishes
Paul

Hi Paul, there's no need to get too nervous - It won't do your trading any good! Just practice with paper money on demo or use very small stakes and take emotion out of the equation. All the Best :)

Hey guys,

Very happy to be part of this forum. I am trading now for a year with a good success rate. I have explored all kinds of resources Youtube, free websites, books, paid resources but i finally found some good resources and platforms. I may share my resources for who is interested at a later stage. Most of the Youtube trading channels are completely useless and they simply don't show how they make money (if any).

Best regards

Hi Paul, there's no need to get too nervous - It won't do your trading any good! Just practice with paper money on demo or use very small stakes and take emotion out of the equation. All the Best :)
Thank you cbrads, and yes, using small stakes is the way to go. I am very keen to learn how to create a setup for trading penny stocks/small caps.

Thank you cbrads, and yes, using small stakes is the way to go. I am very keen to learn how to create a setup for trading penny stocks/small caps.
You won't find many people around here that will recommend trading penny stocks, but each to their own...Good Luck!