Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello

Hi,

This is Robin Jack, new to this trading market.

I have found this forum in search engine results and now registered here to know more about the field. :)

Hi everyone, My name is Alex Tagar. I am new here and excited to meet people that have similar passion towards day trading.
I have been trading for the past 3 years now, managed to climb out of my loss hole on april 2014, now have been doing quite well. I trade based on TA and book+t&s.

Hi all. Been into trading for a little while now on and off.

I've been a keen investor for a few years, and now having a broad portfolio and holding I thought I would just hold, research and network.

Look forward to reading advice from others on here. Thanks :)

Hi all. Been into trading for a little while now on and off.

I've been a keen investor for a few years, and now having a broad portfolio and holding I thought I would just hold, research and network.

Look forward to reading advice from others on here. Thanks :)

Hi , thanks for joining, enjoy the forum.

Just playing around at the moment, but am curious to know how losses work.

So as an example, you buy a stock for $10. A few hours later, the calue of the stock has gone up, you sell it and make $5 (and get back what you spent on it for a $5 profit, $15 'deposit' back into your account).

The other way, you buy a stock for $10. The value goes down. How can you lose more than $10? You're not paying someone to take the stock off your hands - someone else is buying it.

On paper, i 'spent' $33 buying 100 contracts in Norway. The value plummeted and now I potentially owe $98. To whom am I paying this? And would I get back the initial $33, making the loss more around the $65 mark?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I just don't understand how you can lose more than what you put in.

My New friends

Hi, everybody. I am Sunny. It is the first time that I come here. I am an outgoing girl, and my favorite is traveling, so I would like to make friends with everyone whatever your country is and whatever your region is. Do you want to make friends with me?

Just playing around at the moment, but am curious to know how losses work.

So as an example, you buy a stock for $10. A few hours later, the calue of the stock has gone up, you sell it and make $5 (and get back what you spent on it for a $5 profit, $15 'deposit' back into your account).

The other way, you buy a stock for $10. The value goes down. How can you lose more than $10? You're not paying someone to take the stock off your hands - someone else is buying it.

On paper, i 'spent' $33 buying 100 contracts in Norway. The value plummeted and now I potentially owe $98. To whom am I paying this? And would I get back the initial $33, making the loss more around the $65 mark?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I just don't understand how you can lose more than what you put in.

It depends on what kind of contracts you have bought. Did you bought a share cfd contract? Or did you write a option contract?

But what's the difference between the CFD and Options? I have only been playing with CFD.

With CFD's you are essentially trading the market without buying the underlying instrument, and a company is taking the other side of the trade. This often means you are allowed to trade on margin too, or in other words - losses can exceed deposits.

With options you are purchasing the right to buy or sell an instrument at a specified price (the strike price). Put options allow for a sale at a specified price and Call options allow for a buy at a specified price. Options are basically contracts that can be bought and sold for this purpose. The buyer of an option basically takes a large probability of a small loss, and a small probability of a large gain. The seller - the converse - a small probability of a large loss and the large probability of a small gain.

scali

Hi

I have been spread betting on forex for about 2 months. Got my fingers burnt over the euro. Now making smaller trades to build my pot back slowly and diversifying into oil and indices.

Ali

Free Semimar UK Dealers

Calling UK dealers! Greg Secker LIVE in ‪#‎London - one night only!

28 Jul, 18:00-21:00, Grange Hotel, Tower Bridge, London UK

Limited space - get your FREE tickets here >> http://bit.ly/1HMkAGr

PM me or Reply for your FREE tickets NOW!

Greg is one of the most successful forex dealers of all time, and is hosting the opening seminar himself - come along for all the latest tips and tricks, no charge.

‪#‎forex ‪#‎sks8 ‪#‎fx

Hi from stockmomo

Hi,

I've been trading and investing for 10 years now. I trade all sorts, including currencies. My main method is usually momentum trading, and I use other basic technical analysis, but like fundamental analysis too.

The main reason for joining t2w is to gain insights from others on a well run website. There's always something to learn, and the market is always changing and evolving.

Tim

Hi,

I've been trading and investing for 10 years now. I trade all sorts, including currencies. My main method is usually momentum trading, and I use other basic technical analysis, but like fundamental analysis too.

The main reason for joining t2w is to gain insights from others on a well run website. There's always something to learn, and the market is always changing and evolving.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Do you trade full time?

Hi to all,

Hi to all,

My name is Frank Birch.
I am Trader of 12 years, I actively trade the Forex market every day (the 6 majors).
I use a 15 minute time frame with a probability indicator with technical analysis & timing.
Also I have a End of Day profile for trading the S&P 100 using 5 automated strategies based on the reversion to mean concept (holding trades no more than 3 days).
My software of choice is OmniTrader Professional and has been for 12 years (I have seen this software go from strength to strength over the years and very happy.
My whole trading is based on automation of strategies from entry through to exit.
My brokers of choice are ETX capital and IG index.
I am always looking for new trading ideas and that out of the box idea (it does exist).
Thanks for listening and look forward to adding my ideas to the forum.

Regards

Frank Birch

Last edited:
Hi Tim,

Do you trade full time?

Hi LON:RMG,

I trade part time, but there's always something going on in the markets so there's always something to buy or sell. If I had my time again, I would have just bought Apple in 2007 and Google in 2004. Lol.

I'm also interested in coding. I'm interested in combining both trading and coding to see if it would give me an edge in the market. I'm actually writing a business plan and as part of that I have created a survey. If I posted a link, would you consider completing it? I would really appreciate it.

Tim

Hello, I am new to day trading and am working on a couple of SIMs. I am retired so will only be a small but enthusiastic trader. Thank you for providing what looks to be a very good and educational forum. Towner

Started a few years ago, in order to pay off "young" debts and save for the down payment on my first house. Had some decent early success stories and caught the bug really bad! Now it's turned into a feeder for other ventures into real estate and, hopefully coming soon, restaurants!
-AP